Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarval

Explorer
"Are you alright, my friend?" Brioc asks as he helps Tullius out of the river. He stands just before the place where the Roman slipped and scrapes the blade of his scimitar across the surface of the stone.

Manzanita

First Post
slippery ledge

Tullius manages to escape from the river with a hand from Brioc. He is wet, but otherwise fine. His foot clearly slipped on the wet bank. There's no indication of foul magic involved. Brioc can tell the trickle of water has caused some moss to grow and it is difficult to find purchase on about a 6 foot stretch of bank.

Manzanita

First Post
October 23, 10:15 am

After some discussion, the party uses a rope to prevent the individual crossing the slick edge from falling into the river.

[the slick edge serves a minor plot purpose, but doesn't seem worth RPing right now. Just remember a balance check of 12 is required to cross there w/o falling into the river]

Once the entire party has moved on, they see the bridge and surroundings more closely. The bridge seems quite old, though in reasonable shape. It is made of stone, and is of simple design.

North of the bridge is a passage that is smoothly carved from the rock. The floor is dusty, but the polished marble tiles underneath are visible. Across the bridge to the south is a crude stone stairway leading up.

As the party contemplates their next move, a column of water suddenly shoots up out of the river, towering nearly 15 feet high, and causing a splash which coats everyone in a light misting of droplets. A tendril of water lashes out as it emerges.

Init:
Brioc
Ehldannis
Tullius
Elemental
Marcus
Octar
Dhormium

Anyone volunteer to steer Octar for now?

Attachments

• level2c.JPG
    level2c.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 57

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium cringes when he spots the water creature again. And cringes again when he remembers that Clangeddin granted him a spell today which would let him breath under water as a fish. He quickly starts a small prayer to request the magic that he needs. After completing the spell Dhormium tries his best to reach everybody and cast spell on them~

“Here lads, let me cast this spell on you. It will make you able to breath under water”

Ooc: casting breath water. I’ll try to cast the spell on everybody. If I don’t have enough time (in this round) to reach everyone I’ll delay or something so I can finish the spell the instant my 2nd round starts and get as many people safe.

Inez Hull

First Post
Does Ehldannis still have his Mirror Image going from when the Elemental first showed up? 5 minutes duration. If so he will stand his ground and cast Burning Hands on the Elemental, hoping the images will take any AoO's triggered. Otherwise he will retreat from the combat and look to position himself for spellcasting at a later opportunity.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"Get back from the water!" Brioc shouts, moving a short distance back up the passageway behind the group. Once he judges himself to be out of the elemental's reach, he casts produce flame, and throws a globe of fire at the elemental.

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius glares at the elemental and soflty offers thanks to Mars that he escaped the water before it showed up. "I'm thinking we don't want to get into the water with this thing am I right Brioc? So thanks for the magic Dhormium but unless things go wrong i hope we don't need it. Let's all back up and try to lure it onto the ground."

Tullius moves back a bit and draws his bow and shoots an arrow into the elemental. (Quick Draw, +8 To hit 1d8 damage x3 critical)

doghead

thotd
Marcus stares at the elemental in awe. The first time it had appeared it had taken him completely by surprise, and had been gone before he had really even regised what it had been.

"Living water. It's magnificent," he whispers under his breath. Something deep inside recoils at the idea of attacking it, although his conscious minds screams for him to defend himself.

The movment of the others breaks Marcus out of his thoughts. Too late, he realises what they are about to do and throws out a hand to prevent them.

"Wait ... "

He watches the arrows and flames fly. And steps back reluctantly.

"We should have tried to talk first ..." he says quietly, to no-one in particular. "My heart tells me we should have tried."

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1

Ehldannis' mirror images have recently disapeared.

Brioc takes a few steps back and summons a bright flame to his hand. (can throw next round).

Ehldannis retreats into the corridor of polished marble. Although his attention is mostly focused on the elemental, he can't help but notice the beautiful marble panels that compose the walls. Each is about 5' wide and 15' tall. About 5' off the ground in the center of each is what appears to be a human skull set in stone, with a feint green glowing emitting from each eye socket.

Tullius sheaths his weapons and readies his bow with uncanny speed. He releases a shaft at the water tower, but it snaps as it strikes it. Two thick tendrils then whips out, blasting Octar off his feet, drenching him, and slamming him into the wall next to Mendicus. He seems pretty badly hurt.

Grassus screams, and drops to a fetal position, covering his head with his hands. Mendicus flees with the rest up the marble passageway.

The wolf glances around, confused and scared.

doghead

thotd
Marcus rushes over to Octar, slotting the arrow back in the quiver and swinging his bow over his shoulder as he goes.

"Always in trouble Octar, my friend." He checks Octars condition as quickly as he can. If the roman is up to it, he'll get him away from the elemental. If Octar needs healing now, Marcus will do what he can*.

As he works he glances at Ehldannis. "Talk to it. Even dumb beasts have reasons for doing what they do."

"And I don't think that we are going to over come it by force of arms."

ooc: no skills in Heal :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads