Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despaxas

First Post
"Hmmm, seems it doesn't like the land that much. We could retreat, but that would mean moving further into unknown territory and we can't fall back because of that elemental. I'm not sure I like that idea, actually, I'm sure I don't like it. Brioc, you seem to know some things about this elemental. What can we do to minimize our damage and take it out?"

Tullius frowns at the elemental and fingers his bow.

Inez Hull

First Post
"We seem to be..... between the rock and the stone place, I believe is your expression? If we go on and need to retreat the way is blocked by the Elemental, yet it seems beyond our power to defeat. However, sooner or later we will need to do just that or we will be trapped in these caverns for eternity. I could use my magic to communicate with the Elemental but will require rest before I can do so. I also have offensive magic that may be effective against it, however it requires me to come within reach of it and I feel under protected at the moment. Once again, with rest I can prepare more defensive magicks. In the meantime, perhaps we can find another way of quelling the guardian. Remember what G'ruk told us, 'Cast the blood of man on the waters'. Perhaps we can try that?"

doghead

thotd
Marcus glances around, relieved that Dhormium has been able to patch Octar back together somewhat. Now he has a chance to see where they are.

"It this the direction in which we were hoping to go? I've somewhat loss track." Marcus glares at the cold damp walls of the corridor. "I hate being underground."

Jarval

Explorer
"Interesting..." Brioc says to himself as the elemental vanishes back into the water. He stands thinking for a moment before returning his attention to his friends.

"From what I could observe, the elemental seemed somewhat hurt. It may be that G'ruk and his companion's deaths were brought at a price to the elemental. Perhaps if we press our attack, we may finish the creature. But we must be careful. Its attacks would become far more lethal should any of us fall or be dragged into the water.

"As for my own readiness for battle, I still have several spells at my disposal. I could even summon an elemental of my own, although it would be weak in comparison with the one currently dwelling in the river. What do you all think? Press our attack now, or rest awhile to recover our strength?"

Despaxas

First Post
"If it is hurt we should press the attack, it will only heal if we leave it alone while we rest. And we can always retreat if it prooves too strong as it doesn't seem to want to follow us on to the land. I say we attack it now, while we're still fresh." Tullius looks at Octar. "Well, most of us." He grins at Octar. "You up to it Octar?"

Inez Hull

First Post
"I can also summon a Shark to aid in a combat. It's a large carnivorous fish apparently, I haven't had cause to use that particular spell yet."

Doubt crosses over the Elf wizard's face before he turns to Brioc, "Although I think it is a great risk trying to defeat the Elemental, perhaps now is the right time to strike. Something I have learned from you humans is that offense sometimes is a valid form of defence."

Krilith

First Post
Jarval said:
What do you all think? Press our attack now, or rest awhile to recover our strength?"
Dhormium grooms his beard while he thinks about he can add to defeat this water creature. He prepared some of Clangeddin’s best combat spells, we will be victorious.

“I am prepared for a good fight today, I can request Clangeddin’s own battle axe to assist us!!” ~Dhormium swells with pride when he speaks about his deities weapon~

“I agree with Tulius that a clear exit is important, but we must keep in mind not to deplete our magic to much, there will be more fights today!”

Last edited:

Despaxas

First Post
"Then it seems we agree on attacking. Very well, I suggest we try to stay back and engage it with missile fire, both to minimize damage to ourselves and lure the beast on to land where, hopefully, it will be less dangerous then in the water. I wish us all the luck of the Gods and may Mars bless us."

doghead

thotd
Marcus, Human Gypsy.

Jarval said:
"From what I could observe, the elemental seemed somewhat hurt. It may be that G'ruk and his companion's deaths were brought at a price to the elemental. Perhaps if we press our attack, we may finish the creature. But we must be careful. Its attacks would become far more lethal should any of us fall or be dragged into the water.

"So its an Elemental," Marcus says to no one in particular. He makes no move to ready his bow or sword. "I heard of those, but know nothing of them. What manner of creature are they? Is it natural, or was it summoned by someone to fullfill some duty?"

Marcus looks back towards the bridge and the passage beyond for a while, as if trying to understand what it is that is of such importance.

"All I know is that I have no desire to fight it. It feels wrong. But I cannot find the words to explain why that is so."

doghead

thotd
Octar, Soldier of Roma.

Despaxas said:
... Tullius looks at Octar. "Well, most of us." He grins at Octar. "You up to it Octar?"

Octar simply shrugs and checks his weapons. When has he not. He will be up to it until the moment he is take down for the last time. Its what he does.

Octar looks up as Marcus makes his final announcment. Conflicting emotions play across the Roman's face. Once before he and Marcus have played out this scene, only then the roles were reversed. And it was an act of butchery, not battle, that stood between them. Octar senses the conflict in his friend. But Marcus' words smack of refusal, or even worse, cowardice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads