Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarval

Explorer
"Let's not go exploring at the moment." Brioc says. "We tend to run into trouble when we do that, and I'd rather we attended to the business with G'ruk before we do anything else."

Manzanita

First Post
Descent

By the time the reach the large room, Ehdlannis finds he can no longer understand the barking gnoll tongue which Grassus uses. Grassus points East to the tiled portion when they enter, presumably pointing to the teleportation pad, but the party continues south. By the light of the lantern, they do notice that the two dozen gnoll corpses seem to have disapeared.

Heading south, they enter a hallway that stinks. As they progress, they realize why. They enter a 20' by 30' room that is covered in garbage, much of it seems ancient. The top layer is mostly gnoll offal and discarded food remains. Underneath are glimpses of all sorts of pottery shards, bones, scraps of wood, metal, rusting tools...

An open door stands in the SE corner. Peeking through, by lantern light you see a similar room, covered with trash, though not nearly as much. There are also several cots and a closed door.

Attachments

• level2c.JPG
    level2c.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Marcus sighs as they decend the stairs and the stench of guano begins to clog his nose. Otherwise, he is silent for the journey.

As they pass the pile of refuse, Marcus lets his gaze rove over it seeking anything interesting or useful. But not really hopeful of seeing anything.

Manzanita

First Post
bump

bump - I edited my last post. I had been interupted & it was incomplete.

Nothing of use is immediately evident amidst the garbage, but there are large piles that could be dug through by those so inclined.

Also, who now is providing light? Marcus is carrying a lantern. Mendicus
&/or Grassus could carry torches if you wish. Is Ehldannis carrying his lantern again?

Also, I've received 5th level stats from everyone except Octar.

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius snorts. "Ah yes, the adventurers life ... digging through trash. No thanks, anyone else wanna have a dig through the trash piles? Didn't think so, let's move on." Shaking his head Tullius throws a pottery shard into one of the trash piles.

Jarval

Explorer
"I looks like we're not out of the gnoll's teritory yet..." Brioc says as he looks through the open door. "Anyhow, let's keep moving. I'd rather not sort through that lot just at the moment."

Moving quietly, he makes his way into the next room and over to the door. He listens for a moment, hoping to catch some hint as to what might lie on the other side.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis shines his lantern over the piles of rubbish, his curiousity wrestling with the need to remain focused on the task at hand. Who knows what archeological finds might be unearthed from underneath this refuse.

Manzanita

First Post
October 23, 9:30 am

The party moves through the second door, exiting the empty gnoll guard post. It leads to a 60 foot hallway going south, which then turns West and heads downstairs for another 60 feet or so before turning South for another 60 feet. Here an open door leads into a natural cavern. The door is solidly made, of heavy oak, reinforced with bronze, but now covered with moss.

The party can now see the underground river, of which G'ruk referred. It curves through this passageway, widening to the Northeast where it becomes rapid, passing through rocks. As the party pauses, and shines the lantern about, a lizardman emerges from the water, his crocodile harness and gold armband clearly distinguishing him as G'ruk. His crocodile then splashes out and plops itself in the sand of the shore.

Attachments

• level2c.JPG
    level2c.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 64

Jarval

Explorer
"Greeting G'ruk, we managed to make it without any mishaps." Brioc greets his fellow druid in their common language. He cautiously makes his way towards the lizardman and crocodile, not wishing to startle G'ruk's mount.

"So, from here where do we go? I am a little uncertain of the geography of this place."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads