Crossed Paths, Part IV

Despaxas

First Post
"Hmm, so magic is radiating from the south wall? But there is no door. Let's search the south wall, maybe there's a secret door? Unless you think that it's some kind of trap, Ehldannis?"

Inez Hull

First Post
"No, I think we have been quite thorough, I'm sure if we follow the passages back we will find another way there."

Octar: "Let's go then, there's no point looking around here any longer. This other door is as good a place as any."

Krilith

First Post
ooc: it seems that i have suffered from a slight mental brain fart and totally forget who coeus was for a moment. I now have a great big welt on the place that frequently got smashed into my desk, after i figured it out.

~Dhorium sets off at Octars words but suddenly stops dead in his tracks, he stands motionless for a moment and turns~
"You know what, Eldhannis is completely right, slaying his followers is a lot worse. Marcus, lets get those medalions. They are not really doing anything there now anyway.
Brioc could you wait a moment?"

//as brioc
~Brioc scratches behind his ear a moment after the dwarf shows his sudden change of heart and shrugs~
"Go ahead master dwarf, i think we can wait a moment longer"
//

Manzanita

First Post
So the party gathers all the Coeus necklaces. And perhaps a map would help your next step. The red/black X is where elhdannis detected the magic. The Big X is where you descended from the Sphinx

Attachments

• level3.JPG
    level3.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 70

Inez Hull

First Post
"let me investigate for a secret door in the south wall of that chute we descended. If I am unable to locate anything we can move through the western door and hopefully there will be a route to the south from there."

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

ooc: Marcus only intended to remove the skulls from the skeletons, not to keep them. Don't know what Dhormium intends to do. But if the dwarf looks like he intends to keep them, Marcus will suggest that they are just dumped in the circular room. He's not keen on the idea of carrying the ugly things around.

Marcus considers Ehldannis's suggestion. Unless Ehldannis has something up his sleave, Marcus is not sure how he intends toi get back to the shute.

"The entrance to the shute is 20 feet up, and the sphinx has the rope. Somehow, I don't think that she will be all that keen on lowing it again this soon.

"Lets try the other doors first. Although I would suggest the that one," he says, indication the one opposite the doors leading to the room full of skeletons. When there are no more options, we can return to the shute."

Marcus looks to Brioc, who looks around to see what the others think.

If the decision is to keep trying the doors, Marcus begins checking the second door at the north end of the tunnel to the east of the chamber. When he's done, and everyone is ready, he opens them up.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
The party retraces its steps to the large circular room. Ehldannis leads the way towards the south wall. In an uncanny display of vision, he senses a hollow space and walks directly towards it. By walking slowly, by the time he reaches the spot, he has already sensed the loose stone required to open the concealed door.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis reveals his discovery to the party and announces, "I suspect that the magicks we are seeking will lie beyond this portal." He quickly intones the words of a spell before continuing, "and I have a suspicion that they will be guarded in some form."

[ooc: casts Mage Armour]

Remove ads