• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crowdsource Funding Questions

KaneBunce

First Post
That one was on Kickstarter. We will be using Indiegogo, which as you said, doesn't tend to raise as much.

Anyway, what I was asking is if it is a better idea than what I said earlier about going for much more money and doing a lot more products at launch.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Anyway, what I was asking is if it is a better idea than what I said earlier about going for much more money and doing a lot more products at launch.

Like I said, not enough information. Impossible to say; only you know your production costs, your distribution plans, your expected customer base, and so on.

Depending on the answers to those and many other things, $5000 could be a vast overkill, or it could be a mere drop in an ocean. How did you arrive at that figure? It seems very low for anything that involves a print run, and pretty high for anything that doesn't!

Last edited:

KaneBunce

First Post
I was not asking if $5k is a good number. I was only asking for comparison on what i said before and now. You only need what was said then to compare the two things. But it is not too big a deal. I was asking mainly out of mild curiousity.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I was not asking if $5k is a goof number. I was only asking for comparison on what i said before and now. You only need what was said then to compare the two things. But it is not too big a deal. I was asking mainly out of mild curiousity.

Sorry, man - there's just no simple answer to the question. I'm inclined to say start small; but that's based on no information at all.

KaneBunce

First Post
Sorry, man - there's just no simple answer to the question. I'm inclined to say start small; but that's based on no information at all.
Well, that is what the second idea is. We are starting small with just a single rulebook and a website. The campaign setting stuff will be free on the website to all people that buy the rulebook. We will do any further rulebooks and my campaign setting at a latter date if the initial stuff sells well.

Remove ads