• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

okuth0r

First Post
list i said, my first game, have troubles playing a "dour" dwarf. my dwarves rarely speak. feel free to npc if needed. i dont trust the girl, several months alone, or with someone in the wood.... and we shouldent take the time to check her story.....

Corpseflower

First Post
The apple was given to her by Azog.

Even if you don't feel like your character would speak in a situation you can pose his facial expressions, or even what he is thinking about what's going on. If you want to post what he is thinking to himself don't use your dialog color, just put it in italics and note it like

Ordin snorts and thinks to himself, "She didn't even finish that apple."

Anyway don't let having a quiet pc hold back your depiction of him. There are lots of things you can do to make him part of the scene even when it wouldn't be in his nature to be chatty.

Corpseflower

First Post
I'm lagging behind today. Sorry. I had planned to jump ahead this evening, but it isn't going to happen. I'm post in the morning for me, so overnight for you guys. Thanks for your patience.

Also- I'm considering offering Ferrix's pc to someone who I know is looking for a pbp. If you guys think that isn't quite right or anything let it be known. If anyone knows that he might be back say so and I'll hold off and save his spot.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Your the DM. I don't think he told any of us where he was going, so maybe he either just faded out, or something happened. Either way, your call (at least to me).

WarShrike

First Post
Same thing here. He's been gone a long time. I fully expected to be booted out for my absence (glad i wasn't tho). You're the DM, so ask yourself if you want to drive that char around till he gets back.

WarShrike

Creamsteak

Explorer
I apparently missed that the warforged fighter substitution levels give a d12 hit die instead of a d10. Since the second die was rolled (and I got a 7 on the roll) I figure I won't re-roll that one, but I assume that for my first level I should get 2 more hit points (since it's maximized). That puts my max hit points at 25 instead of 23.

Just stating this so I can get it approved.

Corpseflower

First Post
Make it 26. Splits the difference on the d2 you were missing for the second HD. Don't have the book with the warforged sub levels so I missed that.

Remove ads