• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Corpseflower

First Post
I did offer Turndar up to the guy I mentioned, but he passed. Picking up someone else's character is never a popular option and he had decided to run his own game since I last saw him looking to join one. So I'll start using Turndar as an active npc as of today. However- you guys decide where you want him generally. Just ask him to do whatever- scouting, checking for traps, etc.

Also you'll want to think about who is in front. Ordin raised the point before that it takes him longer to get into a fight if he is all the way in the back, but I think both Ordin and Luger have 20' movement rates. Up to you guys to work that out.

Oh and Azog- Could you post your sheet in the RG so I have them all in one place?

Corpseflower

First Post
An update-

Sorry to be lagging right now.
Three reasons
1) My final for Greek is on Monday
2) I've been trying to set up our wireless network and simple as that should be I have a talent for encountering all possible problems. (It's working fully now, yay!)
and 3) to be honest (and perhaps give you more behind the scenes info than you really need) in the published product there is no upstairs. In my opinion that was an error b/c you can plainly see from the illustration I initially showed of the monastery that there is both an upstairs and an attic. Also from a realism point of view they should be there. I had sketched out the area and decided how it would work before we started, but never got around to making the jpg map for it. So when Warshrike decided to go upstairs for the next segment my first thought was 'damn, I really need to get on that.' Then the upcoming test and network stuff slowed me down. So... apologies for the lag. Totally my fault for being such a procrastinator.

Just in case you should get worried during such lags- I'm fully committed to running this story from beginning to end. I will not leave you hanging and vanish. I know that is a fairly common end for pbp and it sucks for everyone. If for any reason I had to put it on hold, I will let you know. I chose a relatively short story since this was my first time to run one and knew I would make mistakes and learn from them. That said- we are still in the precursor area to the published scenario! Haha! I thought we would breeze through all this much faster, but live and learn I guess.

That brings me to... a what-do-you-think segment. Other than lags like the current one, how is this game treating you? Do you have any suggestions or advice that would make it more enjoyable for you or faster paced? I have a feeling that you guys on a scale of Action vs RP as a group would be more appreciative of something like 85% action, 15% RP. Does that sound right? We can definitely work with that. Let me know what you think, what you would like to see etc. If that is the case we might come up with a standard operating procedure so that allows us to move through the precautionary exploration in leaps and bounds jumping to action scenes and slowing for scenes that require a little more investigation.

For example:
Closed door-
-These guys (whoever- highest Listen score or whatnot) make Listen checks.
-Turn searches for traps
-If locked Turn tries to pick.
-If he can't get the lock or it's stuck Azog and Luger try to kick or shoulder it in.
-Turn and a melee type enter first Trap checking and defense.
-Everyone follows.
-Search checks.

Then we assume that as a template and I make rolls for you and describe in chunks as we go stopping when you encounter something that requires your skills and attention. This, however, has the drawback of taking yet more action out of your hands and I don't want it to be boring for you. I'm just throwing that out there as an idea based on an assumption. I want to make sure this is a game you enjoy so let me know how it's going for you.

I'll advance things to upstairs on Sunday (tomorrow).

WarShrike

First Post
I'm good both ways, i like action, and character development as well. I'm particularily overjoyed at Aidan's worrying about all those SBLOCKs :lol:

Take the time you need, it's all good. Real life has to take precedence over a game. Or so people keep telling me. ;)

Remove ads