• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown Royal dice bags

Do you have a Crown Royal dice bag?

• I have one

Votes: 84 57.5%
  • I don\'t have one.

Votes: 54 37.0%
  • What are dice?

Votes: 8 5.5%

TalonComics

First Post
Shadowdancer said
I have more than one, although I only use them now to store my older, excess dice which I never use anymore.

The funniest thing I ever saw was one year, when we went to a renaissance festival, there was a guy wearing a pair of pants made from Crown Royal bags all sewn together. He had them arranged so he could put things inside them, thus having pockets all over his pants. We talked to him, and he said he had drank the bourbon from every bottle from every sack in the pants. He was in the military, had been stationed overseas at a posting where they had little to do in their off duty time except play games and drink. He did both.

Now that's

Last edited:

TalonComics

First Post
Okay, it ate my post... How odd.

Here's what I was trying to say:
Now that's funny! Was that at TRF or at Scarborough?
I've started using more leather bags for holding dice but I have so much dice that CR bags work fine as well. I have a friend who makes dice bags but he's been so busy lately he doesn't have time to make them often. :/

~Derek

Last edited:

der_kluge

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure there is a StormTrooper in that Star Wars ad in Dragon as well. Someone look to verify that.

I don't have a CR bag. I've purchased Crown before, but as gifts for my Dad and Brother-in-law.

Our DM went to Mexico (his wife is Mexican) and they brought the whole group back these little leather bags that we are using right now. Before that, I had a multicolored cloth bag that my grandmother had made for me (not for D&D, but just for general use). I still have the latter, but use the former.

I'm surprised no one on here uses a fishing tackle box for dice. Either that, if you do, you're too ashamed to admit that. I've seen people that use those, though.

Skarp Hedin

First Post
I'm surprised no one on here uses a fishing tackle box for dice

I had a little tacklebox once, about the size of a hardcover novel. I used it to hold minatures and it would fit a small number of dice as well. It was pretty small, so when I had too many miniatures, it lost the Great Storage Battle.

Ace

Adventurer
I don't own enough dice to use a Crown Royal bag myself. Just to twist this thread a bit I tend to carry only what I expect to use in game

Don't get me wrong I do have the requesite dice collection, about four sets plus a brick of D6's from my GURPS days but I sure as heck don't want them mixed together

Just for the curious

I usually take to a DND meet, 1-2 d20 (I am superstitious if one isn't rolling well I like to switch) 2 d10, 1 d8, 1 d12, 1 d4 and 4 or 5d6.
Occasionally if I am playing a high level mage I will carry extra 6's or 8's or if there are infrequent gamers an extra set

For GURPS games I carry between 4 and 12 d6. Usually you won't use more than 3 but if its a high teh game 12 can be used for blast rifles and that sort of thing

For Witchcraft or AFMBE I will carry 2 d10, 1 d4, 1d8, and 1 or 2 d6

For Rolemaster 2 d10 sometimes 4 d10 (spares if someone forgets them) and occasionally a d6, just because

Shadowdancer

First Post
Talon: It was Scarborough.

LostSoul: Then why do so many upscale restaurants use Crown Royal as their house bourbon? If you order a bourbon and Coke, you get Crown and Coke.

pensiv

Explorer
either way it's whiskey, but here's the story.

First of all, Crown Royal is a Canadian whiskey. Often called rye whiskey because it is mostly rye, but it's not straight rye, for it is mixed.

Bourbon is mostly corn, but is mixed with rye, wheat, and or barley.

Many places in the US don't know the difference between the types of whiskey, be it corn-based (Bourbon and Tennessee), rye-based (Rye and Candadian), Irish (barley and malt), or Scotch (heated barley and malt, or heated malted barley).

The best thing to do would to just call it whiskey, so that no one gets confused that doesn't know the difference.

Last edited:

S

shurai

You know, something interesting came to mind when I read this thread.

I have a little CR bag . . . wait . . . CR, Crown Royal, Challenge Rating. Crown & Coke, C&C, D&D. What the hell? I'll just try to ignore the spooky music playing in my head.

As I was saying, I have a little CR bag. I've had it for years, since my stepfather gave it to me. He had a larger one that he kept the ammunition for his handgun in, it's probably still around somewhere. I used it for odds and ends until I started playing RPGs and using it for dice, but my pile of dice grew too large and I invested in a larger dice bag.

Anyway, my stepfather died just over a year ago, and I hadn't seen or thought about this Crown Royal bag for a months, but reading about where you all got yours got me to thinking about mine. I hadn't thought about where it came from for some time, so I was slightly surprised to remember that Gary gave it to me probably ten years ago. It's funny, how much a person's influence will survive after their death, especially in the small ways that we probably don't notice. This little Crown Royal bag will always remind me of him from now on, I think.

:]

-S

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Now if Midori came in a bag...

I have never had the good fortune to receive a Crown Royal bag, if I could get one without having to buy the booze that would be great. Or at least it could come wrapped around some liquor that I'd be more interested in buying. Hmm, so Captain Morgan's comes in a bag...
The first time I saw a CR bag was in Marching band. Our percussion section leader used one to keep his drill charts in. I asked him once about the possibility of taking it off his hands, no dice...

Remove ads