CRT & Setting Update

W

WizO_Siani

Given the number of times someone has tried to release Tharizdun or how often the Scarlet Brotherhood has tried to cleanse other groups, I am not surprised at its presence. World-wise it happens enough in literature: the orcs try to exterminate the elves, the Drow try to exterminate the elves, the orcs try to exterminate Dwarves and vice versa. It's there often enough. However, it is game oriented and has nothing whatsoever to do with real life situations, past, present, or anything that might occur in the future. It is a good thing to keep the game and the real world separate as much as possible.

It's there mostly for completeness of a legal code: I have yet to see or hear of a campaign wherein this sort of thing was pursued by PCs, and I have been gaming for nearly 30 years.

Siani

W

WizO_Siani

Good eye, Dontella. In point of fact, there is no specific charge of abduction or kidnapping. These sorts of things would be handled by the Juge or Magistrate depending upon the circumstances behind them. Either Assault, the degree depending on the damage done, or Slavery, or both. It would probably also depend on the person being nabbed; noble or common, rich or poor, local or foreign. Of course, whether or not the victim is a person as defined by the law matters as well.

Siani

W

WizO_Siani

Calendar and Weather

Okay guys, for those of you interested, here are the remaining days for Ready'reat and the month of Sunsebb along with the weather and holiday or holy days (deity).

Ready'reat (late fall)
21 3rd Freeday 53/41 Drizzle for 4 hours
22 4th Starday 53/34 Cloudy
23 4th Sunday 55/41 Clear
24 4th Moonday 50/35 Cloudy
25 4th Godsday 50/41 Cloudy (Delleb)
26 4th Waterday 60/42 Clear
27 4th Earthday 50/35 Partly Cloudy
28 4th Freeday 57/34 Partly Cloudy

Sunsebb (winter)
01 1st Starday 29/19 Cloudy
02 1st Sunday 38/22 P. Cloudy (Pelor)
03 1st Moonday 41/13 P. Cloudy
04 1st Godsday 36/18 Cloudy (Beory, Cynder)
05 1st Waterday 34/17 Cloudy
06 1st Earthday 31/16 Cloudy
07 1st Freeday 36/28 Drizzle 4 hrs (Xan Yae)
08 2nd Starday 39/18 P. Cloudy
09 2nd Sunday 32/18 Cloudy
10 2nd Moonday 39/31 P. Cloudy
11 2nd Godsday 32/21 Cloudy Luna Pax (Boccob)
12 2nd Waterday 41/22 Clear
13 2nd Earthday 32/27 Cloudy (Raxivort)
14 2nd Freeday 35/20 P.Cloudy (Phaulkon)
15 3rd Starday 35/29 P. Cloudy
16 3rd Sunday 41/30 P. Cloudy
17 3rd Moonday 32/25 Cloudy
18 3rd Godsday 30/27 Cloudy (Olidammara)
19 3rd Waterday 33/29 Cloudy
20 3rd Earthday 35/16 Cloudy
21 3rd Freeday 38/24 P. Cloudy Winter Solstice (Telchur, Wee Jas, Old Faith) Feast of Telchur
22 4th Starday 31/19 Cloudy
23 4th Sunday 41/27 Cloudy (Marihwyd)
24 4th Moonday 40/16 P. Cloudy
25 4th Godsday 41/18 Clear (Rao) Days of Thought
26 4th Waterday 41/14 Clear (Rao) Days of Thought
27 4th Earthday 29/15 Clear (Rao) Days of Thought
28 4th Freeday 30/29 Cloudy (Rao, Tharizdun) Days of Thought.

The greater moon is Luna and the lesser aquamarine moon is Celene. They are known as the Mistress and Handmaiden respectively. Luna keeps the months and Celene the four festivals.

Enjoy!

Siani

Kathryn_aka_Kat

First Post
I'm enjoying the increase in emphasis on setting in the CRT, even though I'm having to learn it IC almost more than OOC. But I've seen stuff go by in the banner pages now that I'd like a chance to look at when I'm not running a char. Could you provide the links here? or do you not want them that accessible yet? I'm especially interested in the map.

W

WizO_Siani

Maps & Things

Hiya Kat

There has always been emphasis on the setting, the difference now is that it isn't just the staff doing it: the whole gang is getting involved and it is very nice and gratifying to see.

I will post a link to the maps here for you. However, keep this in mind: They are *not* up to date. The Tavern looks *very* different now from what is on the site there. I have a new layout and additional maps under construction, but they aren't done yet.

The area maps for the Tavern setting are okay, it's the floor plans that are different. Siani had the place severely rennovated late last year. I have rewritten the descriptions for the various levels and rooms, but those have not been posted as of yet. I'm working on it as fast as I can. That being said, if any of you guys out there are good at maps, preferably with CC2 or similar, let me know. Help is a very good thing.

Pursuant to a question that was put to me last night, *yes*, patrons may have cottages/businesses etc. in the town. Castles are problematic due to setting requirements, but talk to me anyway. Some of the newer maps will show the locations of businesses, patron homes, NPC places, etc.

The link:

http://wizopages.wizards.com/isrp/maps/maps.asp

One last bit: Watching you guys play in the setting is great, I love it. But here are some things to keep in mind:

1) No, you aren't going to get to sack Greyhawk City
2) Gods are not allowed to run around on the material plane here
3) Faerunian gods have no power on Oerth. Neither do their offspring. (In other words, no, FR isn't going to seep into Oerth.)
4) Tech is prohibited by the gods of Oerth. Actively so.
5) No, the Tavern can't be destroyed. Aside from the irritation that would cause in Silk, Raven, and Siani, there is a garrisoned Fortress right across the road from the place, and it's in the center of a town just a short way from Greyhawk City itself and its Academy of Magic and the Circle of Eight. That should provide enough deterence.

With that, have fun guys!

WizO Siani
Greyhawk Setting Coordinator

J

Jardel_Karabella

Re: Maps & Things

Just a couple of questions and comments...

WizO Siani said:
One last bit: Watching you guys play in the setting is great, I love it. But here are some things to keep in mind:

1) No, you aren't going to get to sack Greyhawk City
Awww.... :(

2) Gods are not allowed to run around on the material plane here
Yay!

3) Faerunian gods have no power on Oerth. Neither do their offspring. (In other words, no, FR isn't going to seep into Oerth.)
Hastily presuming that this ruling applies to all settings other than Greyhawk (Dragonlance, Birthright, etc) does that mean only priests from Greyhawk can cast spells there or does the magic still get through just not the diety?

4) Tech is prohibited by the gods of Oerth. Actively so.

Tech includes clockwork I presume?

5) No, the Tavern can't be destroyed. Aside from the irritation that would cause in Silk, Raven, and Siani, there is a garrisoned Fortress right across the road from the place, and it's in the center of a town just a short way from Greyhawk City itself and its Academy of Magic and the Circle of Eight. That should provide enough deterence.

Well there go my plans for the weekend.... err... I mean yay!!!

Thankyou for clearing up the setting some more Siani, it's great to know where my characters really are when they're in the tavern. :)

W

WizO_Siani

Hastily presuming that this ruling applies to all settings other than Greyhawk (Dragonlance, Birthright, etc) does that mean only priests from Greyhawk can cast spells there or does the magic still get through just not the diety?

Almost. In fact, the common type spells from low and mid levels can get through fine. World shattering or altering spells won't. Use a bit of common sense: if the spell would do something out of line with the setting then no, the gods of Oerth probably wouldn't allow it to work.

Tech includes clockwork I presume?

Only really complex clockwork, the sort that is indistinguishable from electronics and so on. Really this is meant to curtain things like firearms, cell phones, wristwatches, communicators, or any other sort of more modern sort of thing. One of our hosts uses a clockwork wheelchair sort of thingy and that's fine. Again, a touch of common sense works wonders.

Enjoy guys!

WizO Siani
Greyhawk Setting Coordinator.

Remove ads