(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom II [IC]

pathfinderq1

First Post
For the moment, Tyrla held her ground- it was too risky to take a shot at the fish while it still held one of the group captive. Arcane energy sparkled around her hand, refracting oddly through the water, as she waited for an opening.

OOC: Ready action to invoke an eldritch blast if the fish either lets go or totally swallows Warren. I had thought to hand the spear off to Siobhan- and I thought she took it, but the summary says it went to Pender; did I miss something?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives
Tyrla
Larian
Pender
Warren
Avril
Siobhan
Fishstick

Tyrla holds her hands ready to to conjur another blast. Larian uses a barrage of magic missiles to inflict 15 more points of error-proof damage against the fish. Avril likewise strikes at the fish, beating into it's fleshy hide for 15 more points.

Pender tries to join the grapple, but his efforts have no effect. He does, however, manage to get tangled up with the fish.

Warren retaliates against his aggressor with an incredible attack. The strike ignites for a rediculous 41 points of damage. The fish explodes a horrible mess of meat and bone, revealing the very inards of this particularly large fish.

Slicing through the water at high speed as it's expelled, a massive sheet of metal nearly rips through Avril as it is jettisoned in the direction of the party. The large rectangular plate continues past Siobhan, Tyrla, and finally lands at Larian's feet, digging itself a good two feet into the soft mud and sand of the lakes floor.

After the spectacle of Warren's sudden revenge strike is over, the item appears to be the only thing of any note expelled from the fish. How it got there to begin with? That's quite a story.

The item looks to be an adamantine large shield, still untarnished from over a year in the creatures stomache. On the front of it, there is a clear depiction of a roaring lion's face. The words "To replace the one you broke..." are etched into the original finish on the back.

[sblock=OOC]What the hell 41 damage?[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Larian looks at the remains of the fish, then raises an eyebrow at Warren. Apparently he ate something that didn't agree with him, he offers. Are we all well? shall we continue on?
[sblock=spells]Spells Memorized
0--Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Lesser Acid Orb
1-- Color Spray, Shocking Grasp, Protection from Evil, Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Enlarge Person (trans.)
2-- See Invisibility, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray, Knock, Bull's Strength (trans.)
3--(with bonus) Mass Resist Energy, Fireball, Dispell Magic, Displacement, Haste (trans.)
4-- Greater Invisibility, Greater Invisibility, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer (trans.)

Spells In Effect
Mage Armor--14 hours from breaking camp
Enlarge Person (Avril)--7 minutes

Rod of Extend--2 uses left
Pearl of Power--Available

[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Dalamar said:
"That is one excellent-looking shield," Siobhan says, eyeing the adamantine shield. "Anybody mind if I claim it?"

Tyrla eyed the shield warily, as if perhaps it might launch itself further. "I have no objection- not many of us use shields anyway."

OOC: Detect Magic on the shield

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren the halfling

Warren blinks. 'Didn't expect that. Must've been a lotta dead-flesh gasses pent up inside or something... Was it even a zombie though?' he thinks.

The halfling waves his short sword towards the general direction of the belltower, indicating the group should start moving that way again. Then he sheathes the blade and grabs onto Pender's shoulder again before the tides or something send him drifting away.

[sblock=ooc]Cool, that'd be like an average of 4 on each d6. But then, short-term damage is what Warren does best; staying alive and useful after the first two rounds is not. Worried that it would be tougher and more damaging, like those green dragonspawn thingamabobs that freaked Warren the heck out.

Anyway, something I hadn't noticed until this past week or two is that the Water Breathing spell only says that it allows creatures to breathe water freely. It doesn't really specify if it allows them to talk normally underwater, which I had always assumed it did. So out of uncertainty, I've avoided having Warren say anything underwater.[/sblock]

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Pender, Male Human Fighter 7

Wiping fish guts off his armor the best he can, Pender continues on toward the bell tower, dragging the mighty halfling along behind him with a new respect.

Redclaw

First Post
The shield is yours, my friend, Larian says to Siobhan. May it serve us all by keeping you safe in the coming battle. He then follows Pender and Warren, only pausing to dismiss his enlarge spell if Avril wishes to return to her normal size.
[sblock=spells]Spells Memorized
0--Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Lesser Acid Orb
1-- Color Spray, Shocking Grasp, Protection from Evil, Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Enlarge Person (trans.)
2-- See Invisibility, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray, Knock, Bull's Strength (trans.)
3--(with bonus) Mass Resist Energy, Fireball, Dispell Magic, Displacement, Haste (trans.)
4-- Greater Invisibility, Greater Invisibility, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer (trans.)

Spells In Effect
Mage Armor--14 hours from breaking camp
Enlarge Person (Avril)--7 minutes

Rod of Extend--2 uses left
Pearl of Power--Available

[/sblock]

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid (Crocodile) - AC 16 - hp 42/49 - Spot +13 - Listen +13

The battle was won, and treasure had been found. Ordinarily she'd be pleased by that, but the thought of what lay ahead still bothered her. There was much to do, and much danger ahead. If there were still loads of these razorspawn ahead, then they had tough battles to fight.

She swam towards where Warren was indicating the path ahead to the bell tower, and joined her companion on the swim towards the tower, while Siobhan and Larian collected the shield.

[SBLOCK=OOC]OOC: Sorry, all, have been really busy this past week. Things should be normal now.

Spells and Abilities Active:

Wild Shape (Crocodile, 7 hours)
Extended Barkskin (140 minutes)
Enlarge Person (Larian, 7 minutes)

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

Wild Shape (1 Used)
Barkskin
Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend (1 Used)

Spells Prepared (Normal 6/4/3/2/1, Wis 0/1/1/1/0):

Level 0 (6): Cure Minor Wounds (3), Detect Magic (2), Guidance
Level 1 (5): Cure Light Wounds, Enrage Animal, Faerie Fire, Obscuring Mist, Produce Flame
Level 2 (4): Barkskin, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace
Level 3 (3): Call Lightning, Cure Moderate Wounds, Stone Shape
Level 4 (1): Flame Strike

Avril's Character Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads