(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom II [IC]

Redclaw

First Post
Out in this wasteland? Larian points out. I doubt word spreads from here faster enough for anyone to know about it before it crumbles. And that's if any visitors survive long enough to recount their descriptions. He continues to study the leonine edifice, hoping someone else will have better luck devising a plan to gain entry.

[sblock=ooc]Spells Prepared: 4/5+1/4+1/4+1/3+1
0- Mage Hand, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Detect Magic
1st- Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, Silent Image, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Magic Weapon (Trans.)
2nd- See Invisibility, Hypnotic Pattern, Scorching Ray, Knock, Bull's Strenght (Trans.)
3rd- Dispell Magic, Fireball, Fly, Mass Resist Energy, Haste (Trans)
4th- Greater Invisibility, Evard's Black Tentacles, Dimension Door, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer(Trans.)

Spells In Effect:
Mage Armor--16 hours since waking

Pearl of Power--1/1
Dispelling Chord--5/5
LM Rod of Extend--2/3
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
"I might need ya t' magic up my club later, Larian.....stabbin' those ghoulies didn't do much good, though I'm not so great with a club so I'm not sure it'll help much.....still, might be a good idea t' try the next time we fight some undead," Warren says after the battle. He cleans off his blade and waits to see if any more trouble shows up, then follows along when the group resumes traveling.

Finally, as they spot the giant lion statue, Warren comments "That's pretty damn big.....and pretty damn intimidating. Keep yer eyes an' ears peeled when we get close to it. I'm gonna take a very, very careful look around there t'be sure we don't spring nothin'. Be ready t' blast some ghoulies if I get jumped by 'em outta the blue. I'll jes' bet that thing's the Ghost Lord's den or somethin'......he was s'posed t' live out here in the Thornwaste, right?"

[sblock=OOC]In case we move ahead without any further discussion beforehand, I'll just add now that Warren's plan is to sneak over to the lion-statue after the group gets within 100 feet or so, telling the others to hang back until he's scouted out the area. Then he'll sneak over, taking 10 on Hide and Move Silently for a 28 each, and start a careful search of the area once he gets within 20 feet, taking 10 on Search checks for a 23 each as he checks around the paws and the ground near them and between them, making his way towards whatever gap lies between the paws but not entering whatever cave, pit, door, or other gap is there.

Once he's checked that much, he'll sneak back to the group and bring them along, but will resume his Searching once they get to the entrance, if he finds one by the paws. Any Search checks he makes immediately around and in the entrance area will be taking 20 for a 33 total. He doesn't care if the others get bored or antsy waiting for him to take that extra-careful measure around the entrance, he doesn't wanna spring any deadly traps there, especially not with the whole group nearby and the possibility of necromantic or otherwise magical traps that he expects the Ghost Lord to have around here.[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tyrla rose up into the air once more, maintaining an airborne watch to support Warren's scouting.

OOC: For his first scouting, Tyrla will stay back at the limit of Eldritch Spear range (About 150 feet up and roughly 100 feet back). Once the group begins to move in, she will close to within 60 feet). Can we figure our healers took care of the damage from the preceding fight? Also, I am rather sick, and don't expect to posting a lot until this weekend- give or take.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Siobhan gazes up in awe at the monolithic structure before them. The work it must have taken to craft such a thing is almost unbelievable. As they approach, it begins to exert its ominous presence on her. See the dark hints of a cave entrance at both the mouth and feet, she says to her companions.

"There seems to be two ways in. Tyrla, can you see anything from your vantage above? Entering from above might mean fewer dangers."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Closer inspection reveals little more to note. The lion's maw extends into a tunnel leading into the creature, as does the gap between the front paws. Occationally the growl of distant beasts can be heard in the air while you wait nearby. It shouldn't be too difficult to access either entrance.

While the structure is in a state of disrepair, there are still many signs of recent foot-traffic in the area, but there are no outward signs of activity visible on the surface.

Redclaw

First Post
So, we have no real information about what awaits us, and we have two entrances to choose from? I can't say I like the dilemma this poses, Larian muses aloud. I suppose the simplest answer is to start at ground level and see where that gets us. While I agree that it's possible that we'll avoid some trouble entering above, I also worry about that trouble coming up to find us, and potentially catching us from behind.
[sblock=Spells]Spells Prepared: 4/5+1/4+1/4+1/3+1
0- Mage Hand, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Detect Magic
1st- Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, Silent Image, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Magic Weapon (Trans.)
2nd- See Invisibility, Hypnotic Pattern, Scorching Ray, Knock, Bull's Strenght (Trans.)
3rd- Dispell Magic, Fireball, Fly, Mass Resist Energy, Haste (Trans)
4th- Greater Invisibility, Evard's Black Tentacles, Dimension Door, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer(Trans.)

Spells In Effect:
Mage Armor--16 hours since waking

Pearl of Power--1/1
Dispelling Chord--5/5
LM Rod of Extend--2/3
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
"Sure I could try," the halfling responds, " 'cept for one li'l problem. I can't see in the dark. Once I get a little ways inside, the moon don't shine down there an' I'm helpless. I used up my only lights back when we were traipsin' 'bout the countryside, fighitn' lizzies an' gobbos."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"I could create a light for you, however you would not be able to sneak so well carrying around a glowing stone. I suppose we should all proceed together and hope that we spot any dangers before we blunder into them.

Remove ads