• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cthulhu vs. the Tarrasque

Allensh

Explorer
Has anyone ever staged a battle between the d20 version of Great Cthulhu as given in the D20 CoC book and the Tarrasque?

Allen

EditorBFG

Explorer
No, but my money's on Cthulhu.

That shot of Cthulhu destroying the iconic characters, by the way, is my favorite illustration in any WotC product since A Paladin in Hell.

Crothian

First Post
Strictly rules speaking, from what I recall of the Cthulhu stat block he doesn't have wish (I'm not sure its even in that game) so he couldn't actually kill the big T. Aside from that, I agree with everyone else.

snikle

First Post
Before the Tarrasque could begin his wish, he would freeze in sheer fright at the sight of the mighty god Cthulhu, enabling Cthulhu to easily squish the Tarrasque's feeble head with a mighty stomp of his feet.
End of story, no contest.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My guess is that even if C'thulhu doesn't have a Wish, he'd still be able to consume the Tarrasque, essentially making the great beast into a supernatural equivalent to an Everlasting Gobstopper.

The battle could even be made into a variant of the Taco Bell "I'm full!" commercials!

"New at Taco Bell- the Super Tarrasqurito! Only $1.99!"

("Yo Quiero Tarrasquirito!")

Simm

First Post
My money is on the tarrasque, C isn't all he's cracked up to be. If C doesen't have wish he can't destroy the tarrasque. I doubt it can consume anything of colossal size. Tarrasque has frightful pressence at 48hd so it's more likely to cause fear that be sticken by it. The Tarrasque has SR 32, regeneration 40 and immunity to most major affects. Also 30% chance to reflect rays, lines, cones and other effects is nasty.

Can cuthlu penetrate DR/epic?

jonathan swift

First Post
snikle said:
Before the Tarrasque could begin his wish, he would freeze in sheer fright at the sight of the mighty god Cthulhu, enabling Cthulhu to easily squish the Tarrasque's feeble head with a mighty stomp of his feet.
End of story, no contest.

Eh, the Big C looks more disgusting than scary. Tarrarasque all the way for actually being able to do things other than get rammed by a ship.

Nadaka

First Post
Yes. Big C murderizes bigT, but it would likely take more than one round to subdue the bigT. But why would he? Big T is already powerful instrument of chaos, would it not be better to rend its childlike mind to a thousand pieces and then blasphemously corrupt him to the will of the great god Cthulhu?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads