Cubicle 7 Wants You To Speak, Friend, Then Enter

Cubicle 7 has teased a deluxe boxed Moria set for its The One Ring RPG. There's not much to know, yet - just a short teaser video showing the title. "A deluxe boxed set for The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth.Written Gareth Ryder Hanrahan with Francesco Nepitello." Anyone feel like crossing the Bridge of Khazad-dûm?

Cubicle 7 has teased a deluxe boxed Moria set for its The One Ring RPG. There's not much to know, yet - just a short teaser video showing the title. "A deluxe boxed set for The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth.Written Gareth Ryder Hanrahan with Francesco Nepitello." Anyone feel like crossing the Bridge of Khazad-dûm?

[video=youtube;Yj7H8JQwvVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj7H8JQwvVw[/video]​

As a matter of fact, it will be indeed dual- statted: the first product done this way. The reason for this is that it won't be a "simple" book, but a deluxe boxed set. And we all know how much of a money-sink boxed sets could be for publishers!

Excellent! I'm sold (not that I wasn't anyway).

We must now face the long dark of Moria ...

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
They can dual stat to their hearts content. I really like their work and their books are beautiful. That said, I don't have TOR, I do have AiME. And I want this one. I've passed on products just produced for TOR, and waiting for them to work their way back through their TOR releases for AiME is... annoying. I think dual statting releases would alleviate this problem (for me anyway) even if it means paying more for the products. I first read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings in the early 70s just before I started D&D in '74. Moria was my ideal dungeon back in the day. I want to see what they do with it.

Annoying? I've got the impression that the release schedule for AiME is anything but slow, actually! The TOR lineup is beginning to be quite large and they're catching up on it quite fast... too much fast and people simply won't be able to keep on buying at an equal rate.

On the other hand, the TOR schedule has proven time and again to be a bit... glacial... but that burden is on C7 only relatively **coughcough**TheSaulZaentzCompany**coughcough**

Annoying? I've got the impression that the release schedule for AiME is anything but slow, actually! The TOR lineup is beginning to be quite large and they're catching up on it quite fast... too much fast and people simply won't be able to keep on buying at an equal rate.

On the other hand, the TOR schedule has proven time and again to be a bit... glacial... but that burden is on C7 only relatively **coughcough**TheSaulZaentzCompany**coughcough**

AiME is moving faster mainly because, up til this set, all they have had to do was update the TOR books for the new rules.

And even with everything needing outside approval before going to print, C7 is still putting out more content for TOR than WotC puts out for 5E.

Dynel

First Post
I didn't get the impression that we'll be seeing a dual-stat product. If this was the case, why haven't all the new TOR releases been dual-stat? They certainly could be doing that already with new releases such as Bree or Rohan, but they haven't. I think we'll see simultaneous releases for both systems, but as separate products.

darjr

I crit!
Hmmm, yea it could be that the product isn't dual stat but comes in two skews. If that's the case I do hope that the separate rules content is available stand alone, at least in PDF so that I can have both sets of stats without having to buy two sets of boxes.

I didn't get the impression that we'll be seeing a dual-stat product. If this was the case, why haven't all the new TOR releases been dual-stat? They certainly could be doing that already with new releases such as Bree or Rohan, but they haven't. I think we'll see simultaneous releases for both systems, but as separate products.

That would be fine with me. AiME version. It would be a pain for anyone who wants both rules sets. Then the issue becomes their release schedule and the development times for two different product lines. Still, dual stats would take more development time than one system... and dual stats would increase sales for the single product. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
The dual-stats thing isn't really a problem. They have a different team dedicated to the conversion of the game statistics from TOR to AiME: that's how they are able to keep the pace so fast. The process is much slimmer: conversion, layout, table of contents, index, new cover, licensor approval. And as the true-to-the-source nature of the content has already passed a quality check, even the approval is probably smoother.

AiME is catching up on TOR, it makes sense to start reasoning on new products for both lines at the same time (they always has to program TOR products much ahead).

It remains to be seen how does this particular case end to be.

Dynel

First Post
Jon with C7 alluded in a post, in repsonse to someone not happy about the prospect of a dual-stat product, that the company was not going to go that route (dual-stat). At least that's what I gathered. <shrug>

I collect both, so I'll buy both. Hasn't bothered me so far. ;)

HorusZA

Explorer
As a matter of fact, it will be indeed dual- statted: the first product done this way. The reason for this is that it won't be a "simple" book, but a deluxe boxed set. And we all know how much of a money-sink boxed sets could be for publishers!

I haven't seen any evidence other than fan-speculation that this product will be dual-statted.
Personally I hope they don't go down that road... I don't want any AiME in my TOR book thank-you-very-much :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads