Cubicle 7 Wants You To Speak, Friend, Then Enter

Cubicle 7 has teased a deluxe boxed Moria set for its The One Ring RPG. There's not much to know, yet - just a short teaser video showing the title. "A deluxe boxed set for The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth.Written Gareth Ryder Hanrahan with Francesco Nepitello." Anyone feel like crossing the Bridge of Khazad-dûm?

Cubicle 7 has teased a deluxe boxed Moria set for its The One Ring RPG. There's not much to know, yet - just a short teaser video showing the title. "A deluxe boxed set for The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth.Written Gareth Ryder Hanrahan with Francesco Nepitello." Anyone feel like crossing the Bridge of Khazad-dûm?

[video=youtube;Yj7H8JQwvVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj7H8JQwvVw[/video]​

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
Some people asked Dominic McDowall-Thomas about that at Dragonmeet and the answer, as far as it was reported, is that it will be just one box, as the cost for them to do two would be prohibitive.
But it still isn't clear how they'll resolve the dual-stat thing. Moreover, from what I glimpsed, probably thanks to the economy of scale of producing a Moria officialy licensed product for D&D 5e too, they're aiming to keep the cost (for the final customer) in line for a single-line product - or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

HorusZA

Explorer
Some people asked Dominic McDowall-Thomas about that at Dragonmeet and the answer, as far as it was reported, is that it will be just one box, as the cost for them to do two would be prohibitive.
But it still isn't clear how they'll resolve the dual-stat thing. Moreover, from what I glimpsed, probably thanks to the economy of scale of producing a Moria officialy licensed product for D&D 5e too, they're aiming to keep the cost (for the final customer) in line for a single-line product - or something like that.

Interesting... I didn't pick up on that over at the C7 forums.
Anyways, while the economy of scale is certainly a valid point, there may be a licensing limitation that could prevent the publication of a dual-statted product.
Two product identities on the same SKU could be seen as "diluting the brand" or confuse customers.

My best-case scenario for a dual-statted product is for two separate books with the rulesy bits: one for TOR and one for AiME.

I'll guess we'll find out soon enough.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
To put an end to fan's speculation, this is Jon Hogdson officially speaking (writing?) on the C7 forum:

"Good morning!
To clear up some confusion:

We're taking a modular approach to the rules sections and soaking the accompanying cost ourselves. So you will get rules for both systems, and you'll be able to remove the rules section you don't require, and rest easy knowing you paid no more for it.

So let's say (for example) Moria is a box with 4 manuals in it. One will be the rules for TOR and one will be the rules for AME. You'll be able to throw one away/give it to a friend who has different tastes in rules. The price will be for a box with 3 manuals. Because as I said, we have your back. But we also want to make a Moria boxed set.

We have no plans to convert any other forthcoming title to "dual stat", and we've never used that term officially. I have personally made it clear I dislike "dual statted" products. AME and TOR remain seperate lines as we have always said".

http://forums.cubicle7.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=71794#p71794

Dynel

First Post
To put an end to fan's speculation, this is Jon Hogdson officially speaking (writing?) on the C7 forum:

"Good morning!
To clear up some confusion:

We're taking a modular approach to the rules sections and soaking the accompanying cost ourselves. So you will get rules for both systems, and you'll be able to remove the rules section you don't require, and rest easy knowing you paid no more for it.

So let's say (for example) Moria is a box with 4 manuals in it. One will be the rules for TOR and one will be the rules for AME. You'll be able to throw one away/give it to a friend who has different tastes in rules. The price will be for a box with 3 manuals. Because as I said, we have your back. But we also want to make a Moria boxed set.

We have no plans to convert any other forthcoming title to "dual stat", and we've never used that term officially. I have personally made it clear I dislike "dual statted" products. AME and TOR remain seperate lines as we have always said".

http://forums.cubicle7.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=71794#p71794

Thank goodness it won't be dual-stat! Having a seperate book for each system is far, far removed from a dual-stat approach, and I'm glad that Jon confirmed that we'll never see (at least for the forseeable future) a dual-statted book. Too much clutter. I'm also glad I don't have to buy two seperate products to get them both (since I collect both).

Awesome! Glad to hear how they are doing the Moria Deluxe box and more so on not doing dual stats for upcoming titles. I love chocolate and peanut butter but not together!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads