• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curbing Multi-classing

Quip

First Post
I set aside the initial +2 save bonuses and weapon and armor proficiencies to only apply if its your first class, the same way you only get the x4 skill points at first level.

The way I see it, those things represent everything learned from their youth until they became a fully fledged member of their class. It doesn't make much sense to learn all of that just because they decided to change focus.

Fighter1

Explorer
Cabral said:
Fighter1 ... very different than Fighter20 ... at Fighter1 you're so full of promise ... so many classes to multiclass into. ;)

Well you know - new campaign and all... :)

If I chose Fighter20 as a user name people might pigeonhole me as "oh; one of THOSE people! Oh your so special now; Mr. I'm going epic..."

There is so much hatred in this world...

:)

Cabral said:
Exactly. Fighters are a just-add-flavor class. No inherent flavor whatsoever :)

Exactly - You got it - sort like [insert extended family member name] (you all got one!) Sunday dinner; just add 3 pounds of salt, couple pounds of pepper and anything else to cover up the taste of that...well call it a caserole. :)

Remove ads