• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Current Plan?

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
Tormal spends much of his spare time assisting with the preperations whenever and whereever possible. To him this also means spending several hours a day getting assistance from one of the smith's apprentices in creating a couple bags of 'homemade' caltrops. He also takes a day to try and find out, for both him and anyone else in the group, if there is any opportunity to have items created or purchased in preperation for this battle.

In the mornings, just after dawn, you catch him leave town for a bit of time and return. It could be he leaves to assist clear the surrounding area, or for other reasons. The apparent thing is that you'd have to ask if you truely wanted to know.

On top of everything else Tormal will take an hour or two and let Josefus know the group is planning on staying to assist in the defense of Mt. Ternell. Afterwards SOL will make preperations to retrieve the sword and other missing artifacts.

BSF

Explorer
Fists.o.Fury said:
Tormal spends much of his spare time assisting with the preperations whenever and whereever possible. To him this also means spending several hours a day getting assistance from one of the smith's apprentices in creating a couple bags of 'homemade' caltrops. He also takes a day to try and find out, for both him and anyone else in the group, if there is any opportunity to have items created or purchased in preperation for this battle.
At the point where SOL returns to Mt Ternell, the resources of the Complex are being dedicated almost exclusively to the upcoming battles.

On top of everything else Tormal will take an hour or two and let Josefus know the group is planning on staying to assist in the defense of Mt. Ternell. Afterwards SOL will make preperations to retrieve the sword and other missing artifacts.

Josefus looks a bit disappointed.
"If you were able to recover the Sword and return it here before the upcoming assault, we would surely be able to withstand any attack. Are you sure you won't depart now?"

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
Josefus looks a bit disappointed.
"If you were able to recover the Sword and return it here before the upcoming assault, we would surely be able to withstand any attack. Are you sure you won't depart now?"

Tormal replies grimly

"As much as I feel this group is capable of retrieving these artifacts I do not believe 2 weeks would be sufficient time to find, aquire and return with these items. It pains me to see your dissapointment but I assure you we'll do everything in our power to assist you until these artifacts are found. For better or worse that means we will be staying to assist against this stone giant scum's invasion."

Tormal looks back to the bustling fort before continuing.

"I understand you may not need our assistance here but in my experience I've found any extra hands are generally welcome."

BSF

Explorer
Josefus nods with reluctant acceptance.

"Your assistance will be well received. But my anxiety stems from not knowing what else is afoot in the world right now. Let us hope that we have not grossly underestimated the enemy."

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
Josefus nods with reluctant acceptance.

"Your assistance will be well received. But my anxiety stems from not knowing what else is afoot in the world right now...."

"I have a feeling there is far more to this then what you or I can imagine. Yet we cannot do more then we are capable. Our place is here and now - we will assist others when we can be sure your homes are safe."

BardStephenFox said:
Let us hope that we have not grossly underestimated the enemy."
"We can only hope..."

Meowzebub

First Post
Luvaine is good with an axe. He will be out with the clearing crews. He will specifically see if he can get the fallen trees stacked in tangled linear piles that will funnel an approaching force into numerous choke points.

He will also seek to pick up a mundane longbow for his time up on the wall.

Macbeth

First Post
OOOoooooh, Longbow sounds like a good idea. Deigh will happily pay for a longbow so he can help out from the wall. He should actually be pretty good with it... heck, depending on price, he might even be willing to pay for a Masterwork Composite (+2) Longbow, so he can take advantage of his +2 strength modifier.

BSF

Explorer
Meowzebub said:
Luvaine is good with an axe. He will be out with the clearing crews. He will specifically see if he can get the fallen trees stacked in tangled linear piles that will funnel an approaching force into numerous choke points.

He will also seek to pick up a mundane longbow for his time up on the wall.

The plan is to move trees inside the Complex. Those resources are valuable both during and after the seige. While funneling resources into chokepoints is a viable defensive measure, it does not necessarily play to the strengths of the Complex. In a best case scenario, the entire army would swarm to surround the Complex and be very close to the walls before the defenses are activated. Even though the enemy is largely chaotic and evil, there is little hope that their commanders would be that naive.

Remove ads