• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I'm not sure 'Politeness is the best policy' is always applicable, my companion Farshid."

Mr. Aldershot's comment is not meant as criticism, as he struggles to see in the diminished light.

(Is there any illumination for his wee halfling eyes?)

[section]Girri watched Mr. Aldershot struggle to see in the dim light. Realizing she, too, couldn't see as well as she might like, she decided to risk a little light. She stooped and picked up an errant pinecone. A muttered Vistari word or two later and a deft finger gesture, and the pinecone shed a bright nimbus of light. She offered the cone to the Halfling. "You can put it in your pocket if you don't want to hold it aloft. Though, the light won't last long. An hour, maybe." [/section]

[sblock=Stats]Variant Human Bard 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 13
Initiative: +2
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Halfling (race), Vistari (background)
Passive Perception: +4

STR: 8 DEX: 15 CON: 10 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHA: 15

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell attack modifier: +4
Cantrips (2): light, prestidigitation
1st level (2/2): cure wounds, dissonant whispers, faerie fire, sleep

Bardic Inspiration: (2/2), long rest. Bonus action, choose one creature other than yourself within 60' who can hear you. d6 to an ability check, attack roll, or save w/i 10 min.

Bladed Scarf +4, 1d4+2, finesse, 10 ft reach
Dagger +4, 1d4+2, thrown, finesse, light, 20'

Acrobatics 4
Arcana 3
Insight 4
Investigation 3
Perception 4
Performance 4
Persuasion 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 4[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr. Aldershot receives the pinecone from the tall woman before him, amazed by its glow. He takes it from her hand, and holds the pinecone up to his nose, breathing deeply to see if the light gives a particular scent. He holds it in the same hand as his small club, raising it high (almost to the height of the woman herself) to ensure that others can see as well.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Presumably, the path continues through the close-set trees. If so, Kasimir stares off down it. Eventually he grunts noncommittally and turns back to the others. He watches as they chatter on about camels and pinecones and other such things. He looks at the light generated by pinecone and dagger.

"I could use a bit o' that." He holds out the handaxe in his right hand to accept the light magics if Farshid is willing to provide.

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir pointed at the trail that continues on through the close-set trees and took a few steps down it before turning back towards the others.

"That leads somewhere. I expect there will be answers of one sort or another there."

He turned away and began moving down the trail though his gait was slow and cautious enough that Mr Aldershot would have no trouble keeping up.

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
In the new light, it's not hard for Girri to follow the foul scent to a human corpse half-buried in the underbrush about fifteen feet from the road. The young man appears to be a commoner. His muddy clothes are torn and raked with claw marks. Crows have been at the body, which is surrounded by paw prints. The man has obviously been dead for several days. He holds a crumpled envelope in one hand.

Remove ads