• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

[section]Girri shook her head no at Wergil. "You can ask about the parents if you like, but I sense these two have had enough questions for one day. Perhaps when we finish searching the house?" She followed after Mr. Aldershot, to whom she said, "The light on your pinecone's gone out. May I?" Girri held her hand out, palm upward, a clear offer to cast light once again.[/section]

[sblock=Stats]Variant Human Bard 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 13
Initiative: +2
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Halfling (race), Vistari (background)
Passive Perception: +4

STR: 8 DEX: 15 CON: 10 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHA: 15

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell attack modifier: +4
Cantrips (2): light, prestidigitation
1st level (2/2): cure wounds, dissonant whispers, faerie fire, sleep

Bardic Inspiration: (2/2), long rest. Bonus action, choose one creature other than yourself within 60' who can hear you. d6 to an ability check, attack roll, or save w/i 10 min.

Bladed Scarf +4, 1d4+2, finesse, 10 ft reach
Dagger +4, 1d4+2, thrown, finesse, light, 20'

Acrobatics 4
Arcana 3
Insight 4
Investigation 3
Perception 4
Performance 4
Persuasion 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 4[/sblock]

Wrex

First Post
Rufus snapped out his reverie. He was grateful the woman and half long were here...he had a hard time talking to children.

"Take heart, child. It is the monster's turn to be fearful."

He nodded to Wergil, ready to enter when he was.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr. Aldershot reaches up and places his hand with the pinecone from his pocket in Girri's hand. He feels her fingers, which are warm, but do not get hotter as the cone begins to glow.

"My thanks to you," he says, with his hand lingering, before he takes it away.

He swaps hands, placing the pinecone in his shield hand (ready to drop, if they should face trouble), and taking the club back into his right hand. "Be with me," he prays under his breath, and suddenly, the club lightens as he swings it around his wrist, a small, showy display that is well-praacticed.

Mr. Aldershot is heartened by Wergil's encouragement of the children, and proceeds into the house.

(cast shilelagh, keeping it active).

Yavathol

Explorer

Wergil considers his whip, deciding that the confines of the house might be a problem and drawing his rapier before marching into the house without hesitation.

[sblock=status]Wergil hp 15/15
Str +0(+2 Saves) Dex +3, Con +3(+5 Saves), Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +0
Athletics +2, History +1, Perception +2, Persuasion +2, Survival +2
AC 18
Inspiration yes
Rages 2/2
HD: 1/1[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=For Archival Purposes]There was a database crash in September of 2016 causing several months of data to be lost. During that time, we've lost two players out of game due to real-life issues. Hopefully [MENTION=44144]CB[/MENTION]2 and [MENTION=6829052]Wrex[/MENTION] will rejoin us when the time is right for them.

In game, the characters have continued to explore the house. They found a secret room with a skeleton clutching a sealed (which has yet to be read), and the deed to the house and an old windmill. They encountered a suit of animated armor that cause minimal damage, and a specter guarding a nursery. As we pick up the game, the specter has downed Mr. Aldershot, who has since been stabilized by Farshid.[/SBLOCK]

OOC: I don't remember where we were in the initiative order, so unless anyone has a better idea, I'll upload the map and the current status report, and we'll just start this round over.

DH-0018.jpg
Initiative Order:

13 Mr. Aldershot
7 Wergil
7 Farshid
4 Spectre
3 Kasimir

Status
Kasimir 10/14
Wergil 13/15
Farshid 10/10
Mr. Aldershot 0/10 (Stable, Unconscious)

Spectre -6/??

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Kasimir had advanced into melee range and attacked and we were ready to move to the next round. I don't know if you have notes on damage taken by the monster, IG, but K did 16 (pretty close to his max) before whatever modifiers you have to apply. He hadn't hit any other time.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: I'll add Kasimir's damage to the specter. I also need a new location for Kasimir, since he's now in melee range. Wergil and Farshid can act, and then it's the specter's turn. Mr. Aldershot is still unconscious this round.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads