• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of the Azure Bonds chapter 1: Tilverton

Voadam

Legend
xi-Selorn unclenches his jaw and speaks slowly at first then relaxing a bit more and speaking at a normal pace "They burned like molten metal during the touch of your magic. It passed and I seem unharmed now though. Is there not a priesthood to a god of runes and runecasters? Ogham, Omega, something like that? They might know through obscure esoteric lore what cannot be revealed through magic and thorough knowledge of the common rune spells."

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Oghma, yes, is the god of all knowledge. However, the ones I would consult if I were in your position would be the clergy of Deneir, Lord of Glyphs. A typical Deneirrath's knowledge of runes would no doubt exceed my own, and they may even know full-well the properties of these symbols. Best off, there's a shrine to Deneir in Arabel, which is less than a day from here: half on foot, half on boat.

[sblock=Everyone except Dominic]knowledge (religion) checks[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
Ferrik of Rasheman

"Why would some peoples go to such a great length to put these on us? We are not famous warrriors.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Knowledge religion results:

[sblock=dawn]Duh, Deneir, who dat? check[/sblock]

[sblock=sidra]Deneir's temples and sites have lots of obscure books on hand. check[/sblock]

[sblock=xi-selorn]I slept through religion class in school. check[/sblock]

[sblock=ferrik]The Deneirrath often share information for free, or at least at reduced rates than most sages. check[/sblock]

[sblock=maesnir]Duh, Deneir, who dat? (hey you're a verrik, you can say duh and still look intellectual). check[/sblock]

[sblock=charum]Where's your sheet?[/sblock]

bluegodjanus

Explorer
"I have not heard of this Deneir. He must be potent indeed."

Maesnir rubs her arm over the tattoos. Why would they react painfully to divination magics? Such a thing couldn't be good.

Thanee

First Post
Dawn

“I havn't heard of this deity before, but when you say they are versed in glyph lore, than it is good advice to go to them. Thank you!”

Turning to Maesnir, Dawn then adds: “Well, apparantly, whoever put those on our arms, didn't want to make it too simple for us to find out their purpose... and they surely have a purpose. And I agree, that it most likely isn't good.”

“Of course, whoever did this would also expect us to try and find out as much about them as we could. Maybe this is the wrong course to follow, but what else can we do?”

Voadam

Legend
Thanee said:
“I havn't heard of this deity before, but when you say they are versed in glyph lore, than it is good advice to go to them. Thank you!”

Turning to Maesnir, Dawn then adds: “Well, apparantly, whoever put those on our arms, didn't want to make it too simple for us to find out their purpose... and they surely have a purpose. And I agree, that it most likely isn't good.”

“Of course, whoever did this would also expect us to try and find out as much about them as we could. Maybe this is the wrong course to follow, but what else can we do?”

"Regardless of whether they expect it or not, it is the right thing for us to do." Xi turns to the priestess "Thank you for your aid and efforts."

Raylis

First Post
Ferrik of Rasheman

"If the princess is safe and the way to this priest is not far, we should go and see what he can find out. The Witches always said that Denier's priests do not often charge so much to read things like this. Perhaps they are able to read them without any magic." Ferrik shifts his weight, edging closer to the door, "The wedding is not for three days, that should be plenty of time to see what these tatoos say about who's butts to kick, yes?"

Remove ads