• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of the crimson thrones to easy?

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Oh. I didnt know they assumed 15 point buy. I thought it was 25 :p. Well I guess that would change it a bit at least. When I went from rolling stas to 25 point buy it was a huge power difference. I cant imagine a 15 point buy honestly. Almost seems like you be barely above common npc stats.

Wycen

Explorer
Oh. I didnt know they assumed 15 point buy. I thought it was 25 :p. Well I guess that would change it a bit at least. When I went from rolling stas to 25 point buy it was a huge power difference. I cant imagine a 15 point buy honestly. Almost seems like you be barely above common npc stats.

I don't like 15 point buy, but I can make it work. Essentially you have 3 dump stats, though I'm sure people buy points back by lowering their CHA and choose races which boost stats. Personally I don't like having any stat below 10, partly because I never remember the negative modifier.

25 point buy you can do a LOT with, but I find 20 works great. Honestly I've thought several times that 21 points would be perfect because that 1 extra point often bumps something to an even number to get the positive modifier.

And I remembered we stopped the game for dinner so the battle wasn't a solid 3 hour block.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads