Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

The Hightower Convention Center Ballroom, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:21

Jorgi waits another three seconds to make sure that there are not too many dry spots on the floor.
"LadiesandGentlemen,pleasetightenyourseatbeltsandgetreadyforthenewandimprovedJorgiride."
There is no slow and spectacular built up of power, just a small flicker in his eyes before his full power races out of him. In one instant the power lifts him an inch into the air, his hair stands up like never before and a flash of lightning flashes through the room. It isn't even well aimed, it just splashes into the water and charges it up.
Afterwards he doesn't try to hold it back as normal. His eyes glow with power, his hair waves wildly and energy crackles across his skin.

actions: hero point to encrease energy control power by two. The a blast into the water (should be strength 9 then).
Jorgi will also activate his force and powerfields as fast as he can afterwards.

Velmont

First Post
"It seems we won't have the chance to wait That Dr Fate. Let's go before everyone panic."

Lawrence look at the stairs, and see it would take some time just to reach the 3rd floor. After a sigh and a little shake of the head as a sign of resignation, his body start to become darker. When a spot is black, it fal apart, just like a rotten body, but the pieces are not some rotten flesh, but spiders.

The swarm start to run on the walls and rush to the third floor. (OOC: Run at 120ft, which mean I can run 12 floor up in a round). When I reach the 3rd floor, I try to pass under the door if possible.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Professor Fate: Unhurt, Hero Pts 4

SE Stairwell - Parking level 1, Hightower Convention Center
April 16

Thomas said:
No, I'm good and there is always strength in numbers but I would be careful going into the garage, there are cops and they could take you for one of the bad guys. . . . Kid's right, we can stay here for a few minutes but then we have to move.

“I’ll make the call right now. Should only be a minute or two,” Steven replied. He closed the limo door and motioned for Leon to get in.

As he entered the limo, Steven spoke to Leon. “Leon, this is an odd request but I need some privacy and I cannot be disturbed. Drive back to level 3 and park the car. Don’t disturb me for at least an hour. Understood?”

After waiting for a response and thanking Leon, Steven raised the privacy screen on the limo and locked all the doors and windows. With a heavy exhale of anticipation and nervousness, Steven opened his case at set the fake covering aside (mostly papers, a pen or two and a tape recorder. He changed as quickly as he could, but tucked his own clothes neatly back in the case. Replacing the fake covering he placed the bag on the floor.

He looked at himself in the reflective privacy glass to make certain everything was in place. He was surprised when he found that he had powers after the curtain, but he had decided to make the best of them and use them to help others. The powers were odd to him and seemed to have no rhyme or reason, though he had only discovered a few of them so far. He could fly and project blasts of dark red energy, which is why his costume was of a similar color.

Burgundy with a silver trim and cape in the same style covered his body - the material was sturdy but comfortable. The helmet was a high density plastic and hooked under his chin. With the helm on the only visible part of his face was from the bottom of his nose down. The eye slits were lightly tinted, to slightly change the color of his eyes, nothing more. An hourglass symbol was embroidered onto his chest in silver – sand was sewn in each side of the hourglass.

At the thought of the one meta-human, Pestilence, Steven . . . now Professor Fate, invoked some helpful immunities*, then turned himself intangible and floated through the bottom of the car and the floor. Then he headed to where those two kids were.

* Immunity to Poison, Disease, Suffocation, Aging, Criticals, Pressure, and Heat.

Mimic

First Post
Thomas nods in agreement, as he shifts to his rock form.

If he can he will leap up to the third floor, if not he will run up the stairs.

Rybaer

First Post
SE Stairwell, Hightower Convention Center
April 16

Thomas watches as Lawrence dissolves into a swarm of spiders that climbs the stairs at an amazing speed. In spite of knowing the kid's power ahead of time, seeing it is still disturbing.

Thomas makes his own transformation and begins bounding up the stairs, one platform at a time, not quite keeping pace with the spider swarm. Tarentula, as he has begun to refer to himself when in this state, easily crawls under the door of the third floor. Granite slams through it moments later.

They run down a hallway and through a door identifying it as the kitchen. A few brave cooks who are still in the room cower behind counters when the two burst in. To the right is another door that has bits of shiny metal oozing from the cracks, effectively sealing it.

A loud boom rattles from beyond that door.

April 16

Jorgi waits a moment longer to be sure the carpeting is soaked in a path from the Pestilence guy to the armored ones. Digging deep within himself, he unleashes the strongest bolt of lightning possible, discharging it into the water path.

The ballroom reverberates with the concussion of the blast and white hot electricity courses across the floor. Pestilence takes a diving roll off the stage, but gets zapped in the process. The sword wielder seems largely unfazed, but his unarmed companion takes a good jolt and lays flat on his back for a moment. (Damage Saves vs 24: Pestilence 8, villain point to reroll 20 [hit]; Swordsman 26 [okay]; Unarmed 15 [hit, stunned])

Initiatives:
Jorgi 19
Pestilence 18
Centipede 17
Tarentula 14
Unarmed 11
Granite 10
Swordsman 9

(ooc - Jorgi is flying and has both energy and force fields activated.)

Parking structure, Hightower Convention Center
April 16

Leon drives back down to level three as instructed while Steven hurriedly transforms himself into his alter ego Professor Fate. By the time the limo pulls into its spot, he's already turned insubstantial and floated through the bottom of the car. He flies back up through the stairwell and finds the two others no longer where he left them on the first basement level.

A dull thud echoes through the concrete structure - something upstairs just made a lot of noise, enough to be heard over the buzzing of the fire alarm. Still insubstantial, he flies straight up through the stairs and arrives in an access hallway that feeds into the kitchen a short distance ahead in one direction and into the public area outside the ballroom in the other. The kitchen route seems like the most direct way back.

(ooc - the Professor will be only one round behind the others.)

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

April 16

Jorgi floats forwards, lightning cracking all over his body while his eyes now glow completely. His fear is completly gone now, replaced by the force flowing through him and he considers the best possible course strangely detached.
There are still two enemies in the water but pestilence has to be occupied, if he can do what he claims to all this is for naught.
He is lifted upward by a suddenly surge of power, getting distance between himself and the mutant with the sword. Energy gather around his finger before another lightning bolt shoots from them after Pestilence.
The electric flow on his skin increases and it even starts to look like a sphere of interlinking lightning bolts then his force field sorounds his body.

actions: flying out of reach for the close combat guys if possible and shooting at Pestilence (attackt +10/damage+7). Will spend a hero point if I have to roll a damage save and roll under 10.

Mimic

First Post
Relax everyone we are here to help. Although for your own safety you may want to get out of the building Thomas tells the remaining cooks as he enters the kitchen.

Thomas will approach the door and examine the shiny metal for a moment. Giving a shrug he will attempt to normally open the door, if that doesn't work he will pull his fist back.

I hope only the bad guys are behind this door.

Thomas will attempt to batter the door down.

Velmont

First Post
Mimic said:
Thomas will attempt to batter the door down.

Supposing Thomas is successfull, The spider swarm will ruch over the nearest bad guy he can see and bite him.

OOC: Attack +7, Fortitude save DC: 18 or drain Strenght/Super-Strenght by 8 points, another save 1 minute later. 1 point recover by minute. No HP will be use on that roll for now.

Remove ads