Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Velmont

First Post
Rybaer said:
When Lawrence and Thomas approach, one of the doormen steps forward, holding out his arm. "Sorry guys," he says. "Can't let you in. Some sort of hostage situation is developing. You'll have to wait until the police and management give the all clear."

"At which floor are the hostage?"

Mimic

First Post
Outside the Hightower Convention Center, Downtown, Coast City
April 16 21:18

"Make sure you keep those well hidden kid, we don't need a nervous cop taking pot shots at us because he sees them." Thomas says pointing at the guns as they walk towards the Convention Center. "The old man said there was more to you then meets the eye so I take it you are a metahuman, what can you do? If I am going to let you watch my back I need to know what to expect."

Rybaer said:
When Lawrence and Thomas approach, one of the doormen steps forward, holding out his arm. "Sorry guys," he says. "Can't let you in. Some sort of hostage situation is developing. You'll have to wait until the police and management give the all clear."

For a moment it looks like Thomas looks is going to just continue walking past the man but at the last minute he pauses looks around at the police and and the news crews. He stares at the doorman for a moment, snorts a little and then turns to leave. "Come on kid, these guys don't know nothing." <ooc Thomas may be direct, but he isn't stupid>

Thomas will walk around the building looking for an alternate way in, (side door entrance, delivery entrance, garage entrance etc.) If he can't locate anything like that he will transform into his rock form and leap up to the roof.

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

The Hightower Convention Center Ballroom, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:17

"Yeah,nothingto getoverabadmoodlikieagoodmeal. OrdoyouthinkwiththeirlooksthreyhaveaneasytimeatBurgerKing?"

Jorgi sits back as his new "eyes" show him everithing in the room and around.

Yelling, with an annoyed tone to his voice, he calls for attention. "You have until midnight to start producing your cash. When a person pays the fee, they will be released, and the rest of you will earn an additional minute of reprieve from my wrath. Anyone left when the payments fail to be made on time will be blessed with a plague the likes of which your darkest government agencies could only dream of."

"My aren't you evil."

Jack just hears a sigh then Jorgi realizes that there isn't much he can do right now. He lets the cameras wander to see if there are perhaps more mutants of the group that try to hide as guests.

"Sowhataboutpoorlittlepersonallikeus? Theycan'treallyexpecthosetohavefiftygrand.

Deciding that whoever Mr Plague there is doesn't deserve to get any more attention than he allready has Jorgi starts to connect with one camera after the other to shut out the TV coverage.

"NoegoboostforMrPsychomutanttodayIfear. If I let him he will just start blurting politacal messages that no one cares for. LikefreeYuGiOhcardsformutatnsorsomething."

Velmont

First Post
*Before reaching the tower*

"What I can do... well, it is not a power I like to use, it doesn't make me feel confortable, and could scare many people, but I can turn into a spider swarm. Yeah, my body fall apart. Strange feeling. And they are venomous, I know it can paralyze, but I am not sure if it can kill. I hope not. That's another reason why I prefer not to transform.

Oh! And even when I am not transform, I have inhuman reflexes. I have dodge a bullet, and I wasn't aware it was coming at me, just knew I had to move. Pretty weird."

Rybaer

First Post
Outside the Hightower Convention Center, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:18

"On which floor are the hostages?" Lawrence asks the doorman.

"Third floor ballroom," he replies, then assumes an expression of 'I probably shouldn't have told them that.'

Thomas leads Lawrence away from the doormen, not wanting to create a scene by forcing past them. Around the side of the building is a ramp descending into the parking levels underneath. It is an automated gate and the entire area appears unattended.

Squeezing around the gate, the two make it down into the first of several parking levels. It is full of cars, but otherwise pretty quiet. There are two visible stairwells.

While deciding which way to go, they hear voices from behind - coming down the ramp the same way they had.

"Sergeant wants us to make sure the parking level is secure. Guess we're supposed to look for a getaway driver or something. Said he didn't want these mutants to have any chance of getting away."

Footsteps approach, but they are not yet visible.

Rybaer

First Post
April 16

Jorgi shuts down the couple television cameras located in the back of the room, not far from where Jack is situated. He is mildly amused for a moment by the look of frustration on the crews' faces when their live "breaking news" feeds cut out.

He is brought back into the moment, however, when the mutant in heavy armor gets his attention.

"Hey, you there," the muffled voice calls out to him. "What are you doing hiding back there? Get out here with the rest of the sheep."

He's standing about twenty feet away, near the edge of the stage and the curtain dividers.

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

Rybaer said:
April 16

Jorgi shuts down the couple television cameras located in the back of the room, not far from where Jack is situated. He is mildly amused for a moment by the look of frustration on the crews' faces when their live "breaking news" feeds cut out.

He is brought back into the moment, however, when the mutant in heavy armor gets his attention.

"Hey, you there," the muffled voice calls out to him. "What are you doing hiding back there? Get out here with the rest of the sheep."

He's standing about twenty feet away, near the edge of the stage and the curtain dividers.

"Doyourustsucker?"
Jorgi whispers to himself but decides against raising the fire alarm. It could just cause enough confusion to get people hurt.
He lifts his arms innocently and stands up.
"Lookbudy,I'mnotoneofthem.Notevenfromthiscountry."
He still looks through the cameras to see what the other mutants are doing and now that they got an interest in him also to see what they do with the rest of the staff.
"Jackareyouallright?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
April 16
21:17

Rybaer said:
He pulls his cell and gets the limo driver on the line. The driver doesn't appear to be aware of the situation in the ballroom. "Heya. Yeah, I'm parked in the basement level 3, near the Southeast stairwell. Why, you need something? A quick getaway?"

“No, nothing like that,” Steven replied, “However, would it be possible to come up a couple of levels? I have need of my briefcase, I’ll come to you at the highest basement parking level, on the southeast stairwell side.”

Even though the conversation was over, Steven continued to pretend to talk, having a bad connection. Steven stood up while talking holding one hand over the ear not listening the cell. He looked at his cell phone, and shook his head disgustedly, then began walking toward the southeastern part of the room. As he walked he kept looking at the cell phone, and trying to talk. Finally, he leaned against the wall and again held the phone to his ear.

For several seconds he spoke on the phone, gathering money, though talking to no one, waiting for the interest in him to die down. When Steven felt the time was right, he got a shocked expression on his face and fell through the wall*, as though grabbed from behind through the wall.

* using Incorporeal as a free action

Mimic

First Post
Velmont said:
"Come on!" whispers Lawrence, moving to the nearest stairwell with stealth.

Three steps ahead of you kid. Thomas says as he heads towards the nearest stariwell as quitely as he can.

Remove ads