Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Mimic

First Post
Thomas respect for the older man increases when he learns that he is a vet, he quickens his step when he sees the gun shot wound as he goes he will attempt to keep pressure on it.

Moving him isn't the best thing but better this then let those guys come back with friends. He thinks to himself.

Velmont said:
But before thinking about all these, we must check that wound. Oh! looking at the rocky guy. And thank you sir. Your help was appreciated. It could have turned worst than that without your help.

No problem kid. Glad to help and the name is Thomas, not sir.

Velmont said:
"I am not use to take care of such wound. Do you know what to do with it?"

The army taught me two things about first aid, kid and that is Jack and Squat. I work close by though, once we get there you can phone for an ambulance.

Once they get back to the bar, Thomas will revert back to his human form. He will point out a phone as well as find a flat surface to put the old man.

"Hey boss, we got some trouble back here." Once the boss comes back to him, he will give him an abridged version of what happened.

<ooc: I would assume that the owner/staff know about his abilities, probably some of the regulars too. He doesn't hide it, in fact he doesn't really care who knows and who doesn't.>

Rybaer

First Post
Hightower Convention Center, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:14

Jorgi chats with his boss throughout the speeches. He's distracted, trying to get another peek of the nice girl. He realizes that he never even got her name. The conference, meanwhile, is going off without a hitch, leaving Jorgi with nothing much to do.

Jack's crackly walkie-talkie voice comes through into his tuned mind. "Hey man, take a look at what just walked through the door from the kitchen."

Maggie just shrugs when Steven mentions what Sandra said to him. Her hand eventually slips off his leg as she settles back to listen to the next speech.

The next speaker is an older woman, apparently from a local law firm, who drones on and on about certain legal implications for dealing with metahumans. It seems like it would have been something more appropriate for one of the break-out meetings tomorrow, but that's little consolation now.

Mid-sentence, the flexible metal shaft of the microphone on the podium stretches out and wraps itself around the shocked woman's neck. She graps at it in futility, though it does not appear that she is choking.

The crowd starts to mutter in confusion and a couple people stand to come to her aid. A voice calls out loudly from the direction of the kitchen door. "Please everyone, take your seats now. Your speaker's health is in our hands."

A man dressed in layers of tattered robes is striding toward the stage. His face and hands are covered in layers of filthy rags, leaving only his fingertips and eyes exposed. He has the appearance of a leper from an 18th century sketch.

Behind him come a pair of men. The first appears to be wearing some manner of metal armor - a cross between medieval knight's gear and something from a bad sci-fi film. He carries a large sword as well. The other man has a metal plate of armor over his chest, but the rest of him is attired in jeans and sweatshirt. Both wear full helms covering their heads.

Yet another individual walks, or skitters, in behind them. It may have once been a woman, but now it is something quite disturbing - a hybrid human and centipede. The torso is vaguely humanoid, covered in chitinous plates and sprouting large mandibles on either side of its mouth. It's lower body stretches nearly ten feet long, with dozens of insectile legs on each side. It skitters across the room with startling speed, taking a position on the opposite side of the stage and scanning the crowd with jeweled eyes.

The man with the metal chest plate turns to the kitchen door and points at the floor. A mass of metal spontaneously appears, filling in the entire doorway.

The man in rags takes the stage. "Don't bother trying to run," he says loudly, so all may hear him. "My comrades have already sealed all the doors." He gestures off-handedly at the two guys in armor, who take up positions near the end of the stage.

"You may wonder why we're here and what we want," he continues. "Well, I'm not one for drama or beating around the bush. Quite simply, we've all been wronged by the likes of you and feel we are owed reparations. Fifty thousand a head, if you wish to be let out. Being the wealthy, influential types that you are, I'm sure that won't be a problem.

"Other negotiations are not an option. Should any of you think to resist or escape, I can only assure you of a quick and very painful death." He waves his hand in the direction of the entangled lady and instantly dozens of large, vile pustules erupt from her face. She cries out in genuine pain and horror. The man in rags gives a short laugh, then waives his hand and the pustules disappear. "You see, I am Pestilence - I giveth disease and I can taketh it away. I can unleash a plague throughout this room that will spread so quickly and be so infectious that few will survive more than a minute. Don't test me.

"You have three hours to procure your money. Cash in $100's only. Might want to get on those cell phones of yours...being after banking hours, it might take some extra effort on your parts. Call the police or the media if you like, I don't really care about them. You, in the back," he points at a local news network that had set up it camera in the back corner to get footage for the evening news. "Feel free to keep the film running - I think it's only fair for the good people of Coast City to see the repurcussions of mistreating mutants."

Rybaer

First Post
Moose's Pub, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:12

Granite returns to his normal form as he brings the injured man into the bar area. It's a quiet enough night that he can find an empty table to lay him upon. The boss takes in the story without comment and produces a first aid kit from behind the bar while one of the regulars offers to call the ambulance. Gauss and bandages are applied to staunch the bleeding.

"Probably mafia thugs," the barkeep says. "Pretty brave of you to go walking up to them." He looks at Lawrence pointedly. "At least Thomas here doesn't have to worry too much about their guns."

"There's a lot more to Lawrence than meets the eye," Gus says with a bit of a smile.

One of the patrons calls out from another corner of the bar. "Hey, you guys gotta check this out!" He points to the television, where the image appears to be a shot from the inside of a large conference room of some sort. "They're saying that a handful of metahumans have taken over three hundred people hostage at the Hightower. Geez, that's like only two blocks from here."

Gus glances at Thomas, then turns his gaze to Lawrence. "Metahuman criminals," he says. "Was only a matter of time, I guess. The police may not be equipped to handle this. At least some metahumans have demonstrated a willingness and ability to help others." He smiles and closes his eyes.

Velmont

First Post
Gus said:
"Metahuman criminals," he says. "Was only a matter of time, I guess. The police may not be equipped to handle this. At least some metahumans have demonstrated a willingness and ability to help others." He smiles and closes his eyes.

"You are not serious Gus... aren't you? You want me to go help them? It is one thing to fight against some thugs, but them... I can dodge bullet, but who knows what they will be able to do... and... who tell me that the police wouldn't take me for one of those criminals."

Lawrence looks at Thomas trying to see some kind of approbation about what he just told.

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi just looks disgusted at the intruders while answers Jack.

"Nowcombiningabadattitudewiththoselooks.
Thoseguysmustreallybeafavouriteamongthegirls."

He watches what's going on surprised for a while, zooming in from every direction as his powers connect him with the cameras.
Jack only hears a curse and a sound like swallowing then the mutant uses his plague power on the women on the stage.
He considers to flee for a second, but he really likes Jack, not to mention that there is still the name of a certain girl to get.
After accesing the phone line for a second he speaks to Jack again.

"Okaywhatdowedonow? I allready called 911, the fire department and half a dozen pizza delivery services. Ijusthopethatplaguefellalikes extracheese."

Just for good measure Jorgi cuts the juice from the microphones. If that mutant wants a show he might as well scream himself hoarse to get it.
Afterwards he scans the room for any autamated equipment, TV-cameras on remote controlled wheels or whatever else that looks like he can move it if he has to.
For a moment he considers to shut down the light but that would just cause panick. Afterall those rich guys really can afford to pay and there is no sense in risking Jack's or the girl's health by being brave.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Velmont said:
Lawrence looks at Thomas trying to see some kind of approbation about what he just told.

Thomas stares off into space thinking for a few moments, he looks towards the old man, then to the television and lastly to the nervous looking kid.

Damn it, I thought I gave up playing the hero when I quit the army, but he's right, someone has to try and stop them. Plus if they actually pull off this bone headed plan every government agent is going to stick it to every other metahuman out there and I don't need that aggrivation.

Thomas looks over to the owner "Looks like I am going to be taking a long lunch boss, I'll make up the time tomorrow. If I'm still alive that is."

"Come on lets go kick some ass," he tells the boy as he start heading for the front door. "This day started out so well too, what can you do anyways?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Hightower Convention Center, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:14

Steven was stunned by the appearance of the meta-humans onto the stage . . . not so much that someone had interrupted, more that there were four of them. He wasn’t certain that he could handle four meta-humans . . . but he would have to try.

First, Steven wanted to try and salvage his secret identity. He had read comics books in his youth . . . heck he even read a few every now and again. Within those, villains always targeted those close to the hero if they knew who he was . . . he couldn’t do that to Maggie, to his folks back in Laketown, to anyone.

Steven smiled at Maggie and said to her with quiet chagrin, “Looks like you picked the wrong appearance to attend with me, even though you look lovely. Would you make the call to check on my funds – for both you and myself, I should be able to handle that. Somehow I don’t think that money is what they’re after however . . . .”

He looked over to Sandra to gauge her reaction. To Steven, she had expected something to happen (frankly so did he, but he was surprised that she did). Steven got on his cell phone as well, looking at the business card in his pocket, and called the limo driver. When he answered, “Jeffrey, this is Steven Faturius . . . there is a situation here in which I have need of my briefcase. Where are you located, currently?”

Steven made plans to get his briefcase as close as possible. If others were walking around, milling about, he would as well - moving to a wall if possible. Now, all he needed was a distraction and a chance to slip intangibly through the wall while no one was looking.

Steven waited, hoping he would not have to reveal himself as Professor Fate just yet . . . .

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
*sigh* "Ok, but before, let's go back in the alley. I want to pick up the guns. I won't fight against those without a weapon in my hands."

He leads the way to the alley, and pick up all the guns that are still lying there.

"Let's go now!"

Rybaer

First Post
Outside the Hightower Convention Center, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:18

After stopping to pick up a selection of pistols (four of them), Lawrence and Thomas make their way a couple blocks north to the Hightower. There are a couple police cruisers parked out front with their lights flashing, though not as many cops as might be expected. From the sound of sirens in the distance, a lot more support is on the way.

A growing crowd of curious on-lookers has also gathered on the sidewalk, though from here there is nothing much to see. A trio of uniformed doormen are keeping the unaware from entering the building and there is a stead stream of people being ushered out of the lobby.

When Lawrence and Thomas approach, one of the doormen steps forward, holding out his arm. "Sorry guys," he says. "Can't let you in. Some sort of hostage situation is developing. You'll have to wait until the police and management give the all clear."

Rybaer

First Post
The Hightower Convention Center Ballroom, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:17

"You ordered them a bunch of pizzas!?" Jack's voice cuts through with equal parts incredulity and amusement. "Nice. Not sure it'll help, but probably can't hurt. See anything useful from your angle?"

Jorgi has little trouble patching himself into the camera system, both the ones in the ballroom (one in each of the four corners) as well as the rest of the cameras for the entire building. They're analog video and thus very easy for him to interpret the visual images.

As for electronics, there really isn't much aside from the lighting and the A/V gear. He would also be able to control the fire suppression system.

At Steven's request, Maggie starts to make some phone calls to try to arrange for an emergency cash delivery on their behalf. It seems that it's not an easy task at this time of night.

Steven then looks over Sandra's way and finds that she seems to be in something of a state of shock. Like many of the others here, she looks nervous and uncertain of what to do.

He pulls his cell and gets the limo driver on the line. The driver doesn't appear to be aware of the situation in the ballroom. "Heya. Yeah, I'm parked in the basement level 3, near the Southeast stairwell. Why, you need something? A quick getaway?"

Meanwhile, the self-stylized Pestilence motions to one of his armor-clad thugs. The guy with the full suit of armor motions toward the podium and the microphone releases its grip from the lawyer. Pestilence waives her away, allowing her to return to sit with the rest of the hostages. He then steps up to the mic, to address the ballroom over the growing din of people talking urgently on their cell phones. When his voice fails to carry over it, he curses loudly.

Yelling, with an annoyed tone to his voice, he calls for attention. "You have until midnight to start producing your cash. When a person pays the fee, they will be released, and the rest of you will earn an additional minute of reprieve from my wrath. Anyone left when the payments fail to be made on time will be blessed with a plague the likes of which your darkest government agencies could only dream of."

Remove ads