Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Radiant

First Post
Rybaer said:
Hightower Convention Center, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
19:35

She giggles. "I'll be right back with your drink," she says and runs off.

True to her word, she returns a few minutes later with a coke. She hands it to Jorgi and snaps her hand back as a jolt passes through the beads of sweat on the glass. Jorgi is quick enough to catch the drink before it falls to the floor. She looks a little nervous, particularly once she looks into Jorgi's eyes up close.

"Whoa," she says. "Didn't expect that. You're one of those...affected by that energy thing?"

"Thanks"
He smiles after catching the falling glass, everything was so slow since the day of the changes.
"I'mtheenergything."
With an effort he tries to keep the power under control but as usual it doesn't work a bit. In fact this is the closest to control he has. If he let it go whe would change into that charged up energy being again. That was fun but just too dangerous. There was no holding back then even is someone just brushed at him.
"I was there then one of those, howdoyacall'emhere?Curtains? Yeah then one of those curtains passed."
He grins then he thinks about it.
"Didn'tchangemuch.JustmademebetteratwhatIdo. But hey I've been the best aniway so who's gona notice. Sowhat'chadoinghere? Don't get me wrong but you don't exactly look like you're having fun."

Velmont

First Post
Lawrence drops his gun and rush on Gus.

"Gus, how you correct? What have they done to you? Are you wonded?" Lawrence starts to look at Gus and try to find any bruise or wound.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
April 16
20:12

Sandra Poynter said:
"To get this conference off to a inspirational start, it is my great privilege to introduce Dr. Steven Faturius." The audience applauds politely. Sandra steps down from the stage, pausing to shake Steven's hand as he walks up to the podium. She frowns for just a moment, hesitating as if she wishes to say something. Then she puts a somewhat forced smile back in place. "Knock 'em dead," she says with a wink.

Seeing the change in emotions, Steven leaned in close to her and said quietly, “You can tell me.”

After the exchange with Sandra, Steven smiled and strode confidently up the stage and to the podium. He looked over the crowd before speaking, using the adjusting of the microphone to cover his placement of the crowd. He adjusted his opening joke and comments based on the reaction of the crowd to his introduction.

“Ladies and Gentleman . . . for those of you new to the area, welcome to Coast City. I hope your visit has been pleasant thus far . . . and if so, I’ll try my best to keep that trend going,” Steven added with a wry grin. “For the rest of you in the crowd, all of you are aware of what Coast City has to offer . . business, pleasure, sports, finance . . . the list goes one and on. The City also has . . . .”

Steven continued his speech, adjusting his opening joke to the amount of locals or visitors in the crowd based on his opening comments. From there, he took the moral of the joke and rolled into the central theme of his speech, teamwork and cooperation – regardless of color, race, or current genetic makeup. Emphasizing growth as individuals in our acceptation of each other as a means to work, and play, better together, the speech consistently fell back on the initial joke. As most good comedians did, Steven hit the joke again and again, making the situation funnier each time . . . or so he hoped. Constantly, Steven altered the speech based on the audience response. All the while he blended the theme of growth of the individual through acceptance and teamwork, and the possible synergies and developments that could come about as a result.

Steven wound up his speech, glancing at his watch and winking in Sandra’s direction. He mentioned that he hoped everyone enjoyed the rest of the conference and said he looked forward to the rest o the speakers. He thanked everyone for their attention and finished up.

Steven then walked off of the stage and waved to the audience in acceptance of their applause, heading back either to Sandra, if she was intercepting him, or back to his seat by Maggie.

Mimic

First Post
Rybaer said:
The dark alley behind Moose's Pub, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:09

Only two of the thugs remain standing, and only one of those still has his gun. Both decide to flee, running in opposite directions.

Thomas gives a quick look around to make sure no one else is watching, once he figures the area is clear he will walk up the the young boy and the old man.

Come on, lets get him out of here. Thomas will gently pick up the older man and head back towards the pub. Once they are all in he will close the back door and head upwards.

Rybaer

First Post
April 16
19:37

Radiant said:
"Didn'tchangemuch.JustmademebetteratwhatIdo. But hey I've been the best aniway so who's gona notice. Sowhat'chadoinghere? Don't get me wrong but you don't exactly look like you're having fun."

"Just working," she says, glumly. "Gotta do something to pay for school. I've had worse jobs."

She steps a little closer, her apprehension fading. "Would you mind if I touched you? You know, just to see what it's like?"

Jorgi nods and she touches the back of his hand lightly with her fingers. There is an audible snap as a static charge bridges their flesh, but she doesn't pull back. Instead, she gently passes her fingers back and forth across his hand.

"It tingles," she says with a smile. "That first zap stings a bit, but it isn't so bad after you get past that. I bet when a girl kisses you and says she sees sparks, she really means it."

She finally pulls her fingers back. "Sorry, I really gotta run," she says. "It's time to start clearing tables. If I get caught back here, I'll probably get fired, and I can't afford that right now. It was really nice to meet you, though. Maybe I'll see ya around?"

Rybaer

First Post
The dark alley behind Moose's Pub, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:10

Lawrence immediately sees blood on Gus's pant leg. He appears to have lost a lot, though he is still conscious.

"The guys shot me in the leg," Gus says. "Have to say that they were pretty persistent in trying to get me to tell them what they wanted to hear. Luckily, they didn't hit bone or a major artery. I had worse in 'Nam and pulled through. Somehow, I don't think this'll be the end of me."

Granite picks him up and carries him down the alley.

"It was the strangest thing," Gus continues. "I was standing around, waiting for you Lawrence. This really beautiful woman in a nice dress walked past me and into a dark alley. I remember it vividly because I thought it so odd - you never see someone like her in this part of town at night - especially going down an alley like that. She even smiled and nodded at me.

"Well, not a minute later, a guy came running down the alley, carrying something that looked like an oversized briefcase. This is the strange bit - the guy was me! He even looked at me and waved as he ran past and down the street. I was so shocked I didn't know what to say or do. Then these suits show up a moment later and grab me, drag me down this street, and start roughing me up.

"I tried to tell them what I saw, but they figured I was just messing with them. Can't blame em, honestly. I'm still not sure I believe what I saw."

Granite opens the Pub's backdoor and leads everyone into the dark narrow hallway.

(ooc - Mimic, will Thomas change back to normal form before going back up to the bar? For that matter, does anyone he works with know about his alternate form?)

Rybaer

First Post
April 16

Keia said:
Seeing the change in emotions, Steven leaned in close to her and said quietly, “You can tell me.”

Sandra turns to Steven when he says this and gives him a quizzical look for a split second. She says nothing, however, and takes her seat to listen to his speech.

Throughout his speech, Steven occasionally glances at Sandra and each time her face is a mask of concern. She seems to be looking back at him very hard. He tries to keep his eyes out on the rest of the audience, so as not to lose focus too much.

The speech ends to warm applause. As Steven steps down from the stage, Sandra walks up to him and shakes his hand. She leans forward to speak in confidence.

"Great job with the speech," she says. "There's something...I...just, be careful, okay. I don't know what else to say."

Before he can reply, she moves around him and takes the podium.

Sandra again thanks Steven, this time into the mic, and then begins to introduce the next speaker. Steven takes his seat next to Maggie. She leans over to whisper in his ear.

"Good job," she says. "I think you actually managed to put just a little bit of life into this bunch."

Maggie places a casual hand on his leg and leans in closer to his ear. "Is it just me, or does that young Miss Poynter seem to be a little bit taken with you? It's a shame she's almost young enough to be your daughter."

Velmont

First Post
"After what you told me, I have only one easy explanation, that girl was a mutant than can transform into someone else. If someone can tranform into rock, why not into another person...

But before thinking about all these, we must check that wound. Oh!
looking at the rocky guy. And thank you sir. Your help was appreciated. It could have turned worst than that without your help."

Lawrence start to look at the wound. "I am not use to take care of such wound. Do you know what to do with it?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
April 16

Steven smiled, enjoying the applause and the impact he has had on the people in the audience. He enjoyed helping people and he hoped that he had helped some of those in the room, or at least helped them to understand the issues at large.

Maggie said:
Maggie places a casual hand on his leg and leans in closer to his ear. "Is it just me, or does that young Miss Poynter seem to be a little bit taken with you? It's a shame she's almost young enough to be your daughter."

Steven smiled inwardly, thinking to tease about her jealousy, but passed on the chance. Instead, he placed his hand on hers, covering it in a warm embrace, then leaned close to respond . . .

“She seemed concerned for my . . . welfare,” Steven said quietly in Maggie’s ear. “As though there was a danger to me. Not the usual response to one of my speeches, eh?”

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

April 16
19:37

Despite the fact that he is the one generating the elecricity Jorgi is quite stunned for a moment.
"Aeh,yeah,sure,Iguesso."
He tries to thow himself into his work to concentrate but then realizes that he's got nothing to unless something goes wrong. At least he's fast at everything, even catching himself.
"Thatwouldbecool. I'm new in town but I'm allready startingto likeit.

Remove ads