Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Rybaer

First Post
The Hightower Convention Center Ballroom, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:47

Lawrence, in his ravenous hunger, seems to not notice that one of the men he brushed past was trying to speak with him. A large man in a brown suit, however, is less deterred by Lawrence's focus on pizza.

"Detective Blake," the man says, flashing his badge. "I'll need to get a statement from you about this evening's events. You can bring your food and we'll sit at a table away from the crowd."

The guy's attitude is all business and he clearly expects people to do as he says. He clears a path through the crowd and pulls out a chair from an empty table for Lawrence to sit at.

"Let's start with your name, home address, and date of birth," he says. At the mention of date of birth, he raises one scrutinous eyebrow at Lawrence.

Steven returns to Maggie and Sandra, who again stop talking just before he arrives within earshot.

"Find everyone you were looking for?" Maggie asks by way of changing topics.

"Well, it was great to chat with you, Maggie," Sandra says. "I guess I'm still sorta in charge of seeing how much of this conference I can salvage for tomorrow. And I suppose the press will need some sort of statement. So I should really be getting some work done."

"The pleasure was all mine," Maggie replies. "Good luck with the rest of your conference."

Sandra turns to Steven. "Sorry I can't stay and chat. Just want to thank you again for everything."

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

"Thatsickness?Wellgreatofcourse,neverfeltbetterinmylife.
RemindmetoprobablythanktheguyonceIgetachance."

He lifts one hand and electricity flashes from one of his fingers to the other, showing exactly how much he likes Pestilence.
He continues with describing the sickness in all its disgusting details.

Velmont

First Post
Blake said:
"Let's start with your name, home address, and date of birth," he says. At the mention of date of birth, he raises one scrutinous eyebrow at Lawrence.

Nice, troubles!

Lawrence finish to chew his pizza before answering. "Lawrence Thorn, 653 Pine Street, Coast City. My birst date is August 17th, XXXX, and yes, it make 19 years old, that's why I'm drinking a Coke."

And he take a sip of Coke.

"Now where to start. Maybe last week, it will make things more clear why I am walking around here, in those raggy clothing, eating a mouthfull of pizza without my parents next to me... I'm talking if I had 12 years old, not surprising, my father still think I have 12 years old. All start that night, I was coming back from the movie theatre when..." [continue to talk, taking a bit of pizza here and there] "... and I took there guns. Oh, you should see if someone have taken care of these guys already, I wouldn't have them wandering and hurt my friend again..." [enter in the building] "...I know, I should have respected the perimeter, but we had to sneak if we wanted to help..." [start of the combat] "...and the guy just fall on the ground, kind of paralyze, when I will say that to Yannick, I'm not sure he will believe it. Oh, yeah, he must have seen it on TV..." [finish the combat] "... and so they surender. Only that insect girl have escape. That's all the detail I can tell you. You know why I am here, how I got the guns, what happen here, you even know I run from home, you can't say I am not helpfull. Anyway, with everything on TV, I was already. So, what you'll do now with me?"

OOC: Sorry, didin't remember the year.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
April 16
21:47

Sandra Poynter said:
Sandra turns to Steven. "Sorry I can't stay and chat. Just want to thank you again for everything."

"I'm glad I was able to help out," Steven replied, "Though . . . I would like to talk with you sometime soon, perhaps without as many people around . . . ."

Steven planned on relaxing in a chair next to Maggie and enjoying her company until the clearance was given that they would be allowed to leave. Once that was given, Steven planned on being out of there quickly. He needed some rest . . . and some time to think about perhaps setting up a group of like-minded heroes . . . a team of heroes.

Mimic

First Post
Ouch, crash and burn. Going to need a drink to put out the flames. Thomas mutters to himself as he orders another round for himself.

Rybaer

First Post
April 16
21:52

Detective Redmond continues to probe Jorgi for details, casually disregarding his suggestive comment. Her questions are succinct and she seems satisfied with his version of the story.

"Well, thank you for your statement," she says while closing her notepad. "I don't know how this will pan out legally, though I don't foresee any criminal charges coming against you for your actions. Enough of it was caught on video tape that the case should be pretty clear. I'll be in touch if we need any more information."

The detective takes her leave and Marie slides right into the vacated seat. She hands a tall soda with ice over. "Didn't want to interrupt while you were talking to the police," she says. "Brought you a Coke...hope that's alright."

Detective Blake listens to Lawrence's story, jotting down notes and listening for every detail. He asks a few directed questions and verifies spelling, but mostly just lets the story come out.

When Lawrence finishes, the detective ponders for a minunte. "Well, it's possible there could be a little trouble for you, but probably not from your actions here at the convention center. The stuff here, while not the sort of thing civilians are encouraged to do, will probably be looked upon as a good samaritan sort of act.

"The matter in the alley, however, might lead to trouble for you. We'll have to investigate that a little more thoroughly. If it was the mob that you tangled with, they might seek to retaliate or otherwise pressure you."

He hands Lawrence a business card. "If anything like that happens, I need you to let me know right away. So don't lose this."

The detective takes his leave with a polite nod.

Dr. Faturius said:
"I'm glad I was able to help out," Steven replied, "Though . . . I would like to talk with you sometime soon, perhaps without as many people around . . . ."

Sandra smiles. "Yeah, I'd like that. I'm sure Maggie can hook you up with my number."

"Sweet girl, isn't she?" Maggie says with a wry grin as Sandra walks off in search of her other associates. "It's a shame she's so much younger than you."

Steven, in casting the occasional glance around the room, notices that the detectives questioning the other two metahumans both seem to have wrapped up. The spider swarm boy is eating pizza alone at a nearby table and the lightning flinger is also sitting nearby...though a girl (employee?) has just joined him.

The bartender, a guy of probably about the same age as Thomas, is already sliding him another drink. He gives him a knowing look.

"Looks like you're going to stretch that dude's hundred tonight," he says. "You know, if you're hard up, I could set you up with my cousin. She's halfway cute and might be into your type. Last guy she dated thought he was a vampire or something like that. Don't think she's seeing anyone right now."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dr. Steven Faturius (Prof. Fate) HP's: 0/4

April 16

Maggie said:
"Sweet girl, isn't she?" Maggie says with a wry grin as Sandra walks off in search of her other associates. "It's a shame she's so much younger than you."

“Now Maggie, you know I only have eyes for you,” Steven replied with all sincerity. “No need to worry about her in that way . . . in other ways perhaps . . . Something is going on there that I can’t put a finger on.”

Steven leaned closer to Maggie and said quietly, “You know, she cautioned me before I went on stage to speak . . . and there was worry on her face. I wonder if she had some idea that something was going to happen . . .”

Steven tried to stay anonymous in the crowd, not avoiding people, but not drawing attention to himself. He wanted to rest and think over what had happened. Steven wondered if Sandra’s brief illness (paleness) earlier was tied to Pestilence in any way.

Velmont

First Post
Lawrence finish his last pizza, and then put the card of the detective in his pocket. At that moment, he smells something funny. He smell is jacket.

"Oh damn! I really need a bath and to wash that clothes. Well, nothing I can do for now, except turn into a swarm, but that would only scare more the people..."

Lawrence stand up and walks up to Jorgi's friends who let him use his computer.

"Sorry to disturb you again. You work here, so you may help me I suppose. It has been like a whole week I hadn't taken some bath. I know, I stink, but when you live in the street for a week, bath is luxury. Do you know a place where I could get a bath, or maybe just some perfum, to get rid of my smell. And maybe some gum too, suppose my mouth would smell bad too."

Rybaer

First Post
April 16

Dr. Faturius said:
“Now Maggie, you know I only have eyes for you,” Steven replied with all sincerity. “No need to worry about her in that way . . . in other ways perhaps . . . Something is going on there that I can’t put a finger on.”

Steven leaned closer to Maggie and said quietly, “You know, she cautioned me before I went on stage to speak . . . and there was worry on her face. I wonder if she had some idea that something was going to happen . . .”

Maggie gives Steven a curious look. "What? Do you think someone had threatened her ahead of time or something? Wonder if she's ever had contact with one of these metahumans before through her organization."

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
"Sorry to disturb you again. You work here, so you may help me I suppose. It has been like a whole week I hadn't taken some bath. I know, I stink, but when you live in the street for a week, bath is luxury. Do you know a place where I could get a bath, or maybe just some perfum, to get rid of my smell. And maybe some gum too, suppose my mouth would smell bad too."

When Lawrence gets to the back corner of the room, Jack is already busy packing up some of his electronics gear.

"Well, I don't really work here," he says. "I mean, I am working here now, but just for this gig tonight and tomorrow.

"The Hightower here does have an attached hotel. They might be able to set you up with a room to get cleaned up in. I doubt anyone will be getting out for a while, though...not from the sounds of it."

He pulls a backpack out from a small wood crate and digs through one of the smaller pockets. He triumphantly pulls out a pack of spearmint gum. "The gum, however, I can help you with." He tosses over the entire pack. "You can keep the change."

Remove ads