Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Velmont

First Post
Arty Hagan said:
"So," he says with a tone that suggests he's wrapping the interview up. "Now that you have busted up one mutant-powered criminal act, do you think you might do so again? A career change, perhaps?"

"You must be kidding, right? I can't change carreer, I don't have one yet. Seriously, I don't have my majority yet, so, you see me asking my father if I can come back later because I have to fight some criminals? Or say to someone, 'Sorry, I can't come, my father have punish me, I can't get out after school.'? Anyway, look at them, they have some power that worth something, not me, just a bunch of scary power."

Lawrence pause for a moment.

"I think it will be all. I am starving, I need to eat and drink something, and I think you have two more to interview."

On that, Lawrence stand up and goes in direction of the bar to get some food and drink.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

Rybaer said:
Detective Redmond looks up at the Russian mafia comment, but relaxes when Jorgi says he's just kidding.

"So you were setting up the electronics?" she says. "Are you employed with a firm that does that, then?"

She is still scribbling some notes when she realizes that Jorgi just offered to give her a printed transcript. "Uh, what do you mean you can print this out? You recording this conversation or something?"

"SureIdo,wouldn'tdoitwithoutsomeonepayingmeforitwouldI?"

He supresses a smile at her expression. The cops allways say they want the truth but honestly they couldn't handle it most of the time.

"Sure,lookIsetupallthestufftorecordthisconverence.

He points at one at the cameras, zoomed right at them.

"Plusmicrophonesallaround.SojustspareyourselftheworkandletJorgithewizardhandleitforyou."

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
The Hightower Convention Center Ballroom, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:45

"May I have everyone's attention, please?"

The drone of chatting in the room slowly subsides as everyone's attention focuses on a man in a white lab coat and face mask. He's standing up on the stage near the podium.

"Thank you," he says. "My name is Dr. Richard Gull. I am the Chief of Epidemiology at Coast City Memorial Hospital. Due to the nature of a metahuman's disease attack, I was called here by the police to help determine the best course of action to take. I understand, however, that another metahuman has seemingly cured the disease already.

"Due to the potential risks posed to the city by an outbreak of a previously unknown disease, I'm afraid that we will have to keep you here for a little while longer. Hopefully not more than a couple hours. In the meantime, I understand that the Hightower's management has agreed to provide free drinks as long as things don't get out of hand. Also, I understand that something like fifty pizzas just arrived.

"Thank you for your patience and we'll try to keep this as painless as possible."

Detective Redmond pauses her interview while the doctor makes his announcement.

"Okay, back to our questions," she says. "And I think I'll pass on your kind offer to provide a transcript. I'll just stick to what I'm familiar with."

"Now, how well do you know the other metahumans who helped in breaking up this hostage situation? And had you ever met any of the hostage takers?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dr. Steven Faturius (Prof. Fate)

Lawrence said:
On that, Lawrence stand up and goes in direction of the bar to get some food and drink.

Just as Steven was about to leave the bar, he noticed Lawrence approach. By way of introduction, Steven said, "I wanted to take the time to give my thanks for your assistance tonight. I'm glad to see everything seemed to work out for the best. And, I don't think we were properly introduced earlier. I'm Dr. Steven Faturius."

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

"OhmyandthereIthoughtyou'rejustinterestedinme."

Jorgi dons his best fake of a hurt expression and looks around if he can see the other mutants.

"Don'tknowtheguys.Theyjustburstinlikehteydointhemovies.Haven'tseen theminherebeforethewholemessstarted.Didn'tseemuchlatereither.IwaskindabussyblastingatKingTutandit wasn'tmybestofdayswiththatsicknessandall."

Rybaer

First Post
April 16
21:46

When Jorgi looks around, he does spot the Granite fellow standing at the bar. He also spots Lawrence, the spider swarm kid, grabbing a couple slices of pizza. One of the evening's speakers seems to be chatting with him.

The detective doesn't seem to bite on Jorgi's feigned "hurt" routine. She's all business, while still being polite about it.

"Interesting," she says, still scribbling in her notebook. "Never met before. And you were affected by that mutant's sickness? What was that like?"

"Uh, excuse me, sir," a sweet voice says from Granite's elbow. He turns and finds an attractive woman, probably in her mid-thirties and dressed in an elegant evening gown.

"My nine year old son saw the broadcast of the fight here tonight on television," she says. "He asked me if I could get your autograph while I was stuck here. If it's not too much trouble?"

She offers up a cocktail napkin and a pen. To Granite's disappointment, the hand offering the pen is adorned with a wedding ring sporting a rather large diamond.

Mimic

First Post
Granite

April 16
21:46

Rybaer said:
"Uh, excuse me, sir," a sweet voice says from Granite's elbow. He turns and finds an attractive woman, probably in her mid-thirties and dressed in an elegant evening gown.

"My nine year old son saw the broadcast of the fight here tonight on television," she says. "He asked me if I could get your autograph while I was stuck here. If it's not too much trouble?"

She offers up a cocktail napkin and a pen. To Granite's disappointment, the hand offering the pen is adorned with a wedding ring sporting a rather large diamond.

Whoa, she's a looker. Granite thinks to himself although he frowns momentarily when he notices the wedding ring.

Sure thing doll, he says with a smile, just give me a second. These mitts aren't useful for much except for fighting. Granite allows his body to shift back to his human form.

Now these hands can do a whole lot more. He tells the woman, smirking a little as he takes the pen and napkin and proceeds to sign "Granite" on it.

Once he is done he will hand them both back to the woman. Care for a drink? We are going to be stuck here for a while and I can't see a better way to spend it then in the company of a beautiful woman.

Velmont

First Post
"Sorry!" says Lawrence, passing between two person to get to the table where the Pizza is.

"I'm starving. Didn't eat a good meal for a week." he takes half a pizza, put it on a plate and take a Coke with that.

"Now that will be good" he takes a mouthfull of his pizza, and eat it fast. "Could have put more topics on it, but still great!"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dr. Steven Faturius (Professsor Fate) HPs: 0/4

Steven watched the young man, obviously ravenously hungry, attack the pizza. Steven also notied that Granite was receiving some attention of his own - and Steven wanted to give him room to work.

He smiled politely to Lawrence and said, "Glad you like it, I'll look to talk with you another time perhaps."

With that said, Steven made his way back to Maggie and Sandra, to hopefully stop any conspiracies the two may have thought up while he was gone.

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Sure thing doll, he says with a smile, just give me a second. These mitts aren't useful for much except for fighting. Granite allows his body to shift back to his human form.

Now these hands can do a whole lot more. He tells the woman, smirking a little as he takes the pen and napkin and proceeds to sign "Granite" on it.

Once he is done he will hand them both back to the woman. Care for a drink? We are going to be stuck here for a while and I can't see a better way to spend it then in the company of a beautiful woman.

The woman watches in amazement as Granite's skin reverts from stone to mundane flesh. She takes the pen and napkin back with a polite "thanks."

At the offer of a drink, she starts to look a little uncomfortable. "Uh, I think I'll have to pass this time," she says. "Should really find out where my husband has gotten off to. But, uh, thanks again for the autograph. My son will be crazy about it."

She slinks off through the crowd.

(Charisma check roll 5+0=5...er...not so charming)

Remove ads