Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Rybaer

First Post
The reporter seems a bit taken aback when Lawrence abruptly gets up. "Uh, sure," he says. "I'll wait here for ya, but try to be quick."

Lawrence notes that the detectives are busy interviewing people at the moment, including the lightning-powered mutant. There are a couple uniformed officers stationed near the kitchen door, so he heads over there.

"No one's allowed out yet," one officer says when Lawrence approaches.

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Army, did a short stint with the marines but the higher ups and I never really saw eye to eye on things, so that didn't really work out too well. Thomas says with a grin finishing his beer.

Whiskey, neat. He tells the bartender before turning back to Werner. I had three months left before my enlistment ran out, when I discovered my "talents". I heard rumors that they were forming a meta-human division and at the time I was uncertain if I wanted to be part of that so I didn't re-enlist. I wanted some time to think things over before commiting to something like that.

"Hmmm...haven't heard anything about a military metahuman program yet, but I suppose it is inevitable," Werner says. "Think you might be more inclined to work freelance than under the umbrella of the military?"

Velmont

First Post
Rybaer said:
"No one's allowed out yet," one officer says when Lawrence approaches.

"I don't want to leave, I just have those for you." He gives all the gun he was carrying. "I know, it seems odd to have all these, but I'll explain everything with my deposition. I just don't want to have them on me now I don't need them anymore. Feel incomfortable with them. Now, back to the necrophage..."

He return back to the reporter.

"So, what do you want to know now?"

Radiant

First Post
Rybaer said:
She scribbles at a frantic pace, but seems to be able to keep up with the pertinent details. Probably used to taking notes.

"Are you a student in the U.S.? Working here? Immigrant?"

"ActuallyI'montherunfromtheRussianmafia."

He gives her his best innocent smile.

"Justkidding,Iworkhere.Setupalltheelectronics.Gotagreencardbeforeyou ask.OfcourseIdidn'tknowyouthen,inthatcaseI'dflewnovralotsooner."

Seeing her desperate attempt to write with his speed he almost feels pity.

"Youknow,Icouldnotethiswholeconversationandprintitalloutforyou. Thiscan'tbegoodforyourfingerandthat'satruewaste."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dr. Steven Faturius (Professsor Fate) HPs: 0/4

the cop said:
"Just remember," the cops says as he turns to leave, "they won't want you leaving until everyone is medically cleared."

“I understand, officer,” Steven answered, “Thank you for your time and assistance.”

Once inside again, Steven began looked for Maggie to make certain that she was still alright. He tried to keep a low profile – it wasn’t that he didn’t want to be seen, just that he didn’t want to be the focus at this time.

As he made he was through the crowd, Steven looked for the prisoners and for those that helped Professor Fate mere minutes ago.

Mimic

First Post
Rybaer said:
"Hmmm...haven't heard anything about a military metahuman program yet, but I suppose it is inevitable," Werner says. "Think you might be more inclined to work freelance than under the umbrella of the military?"

Yea, like I said it was just rumor but you never know really. At least on my own I can say yes or no without getting thrown into jail for refusing a direct order. Thomas says with a shrug.

He finishes his whiskey and orders another.

<ooc: with a constitution of 20 I figure this guy can drink like a fish with little chance of him getting drunk>

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
"I don't want to leave, I just have those for you." He gives all the gun he was carrying. "I know, it seems odd to have all these, but I'll explain everything with my deposition. I just don't want to have them on me now I don't need them anymore. Feel incomfortable with them. Now, back to the necrophage..."

The officer takes the guns with a bewildered look. He looks like he wants to say or ask something, but just doesn't know how to phrase it.

"In the deposition, right," he finally manages to get out.

Velmont said:
He return back to the reporter.

"So, what do you want to know now?"

Arty Hagan arches an eyebrow at Lawrence as he sits back down.

"Okay," he says, "let's go back to something you mentioned already. You said a friend of yours encouraged you to come here and help out after seeing this on tv. Tell me a little bit more about that. I find it remarkable that several people, acting independently of one another, all stood up against these mutants...and I'm just trying to understand the motivations."

Rybaer

First Post
Radiant said:
"ActuallyI'montherunfromtheRussianmafia."

He gives her his best innocent smile.

"Justkidding,Iworkhere.Setupalltheelectronics.Gotagreencardbeforeyou ask.OfcourseIdidn'tknowyouthen,inthatcaseI'dflewnovralotsooner."

Seeing her desperate attempt to write with his speed he almost feels pity.

"Youknow,Icouldnotethiswholeconversationandprintitalloutforyou. Thiscan'tbegoodforyourfingerandthat'satruewaste."

Detective Redmond looks up at the Russian mafia comment, but relaxes when Jorgi says he's just kidding.

"So you were setting up the electronics?" she says. "Are you employed with a firm that does that, then?"

She is still scribbling some notes when she realizes that Jorgi just offered to give her a printed transcript. "Uh, what do you mean you can print this out? You recording this conversation or something?"

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
Once inside again, Steven began looked for Maggie to make certain that she was still alright. He tried to keep a low profile – it wasn’t that he didn’t want to be seen, just that he didn’t want to be the focus at this time.

As he made he was through the crowd, Steven looked for the prisoners and for those that helped Professor Fate mere minutes ago.

Faturius scans the room and is relieved to find that no one is paying him much heed. Most of the convention guests are busy chatting on cell phones to pass the time until they get directions from the authorities. He spots Maggie among them...chatting with Sandra, oddly enough.

A couple cops are still monitoring the motionless bodies of Pestilence and the unarmed man near the stage. A detective is interviewing the swordsman a short distance from them. Near the center of the room, the lightning-slinger is sitting at a table chatting with a woman...likely a detective. The spider swarm boy is talking with a man in his middle ages...another detective, possibly? And Granite can be seen in the far corner of the room, standing at a relatively crowded bar. It clicks in the back of Faturius' mind that Granite is chatting with Werner Schwartzeit.

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Yea, like I said it was just rumor but you never know really. At least on my own I can say yes or no without getting thrown into jail for refusing a direct order. Thomas says with a shrug.

He finishes his whiskey and orders another.

<ooc: with a constitution of 20 I figure this guy can drink like a fish with little chance of him getting drunk>

"Indeed," Werner says, nodding. "Well, it was an honor to meet you and again, my personal thanks for what you did tonight. Don't hesitate to call me if you're interested in some help."

Werner again shakes Granite's hand, then threads his way through and out of the crowd around the bar. Most of the others seem curious about Granite, but few seem willing to engage him in conversation.

(ooc - yes, I'm sure Granite can hold his alcohol just fine...)

Remove ads