• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
Steven closed the door and smiled at the officer, "Good evening, officer. I believe I might be able to be of some assistance in that regard. My name is Dr. Steven Faturius, I was one of the speakers tonight. I had heard that the danger had passed and people needed my assistance. If you would be so kind as to check with someone upstairs, I would be grateful."

The officer looks Faturius over and seems to conclude from his manner of dress that his story is likely true.

"I can radio one of the officers up there," he says. "I don't think you'd be wanting to go back up to the ballroom, though. Someone said something about a nasty disease threat. They're not letting anyone back out of the room."

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
"Yeah... seems ok. So what do you want to know?"

He sit down back on the chair and waits for his questions.

"Much appreciated," Arty says and takes a seat nearby. "Let's just start with a short summary of events from your perspective...and perhaps a bit about your metahuman abilities and how you got involved."

(ooc - I'm not looking for a full response...just a summary of what Lawrence would mention and what he might intentionally gloss over.)

Rybaer

First Post
Radiant said:
"Why,mynameisJorgiVadislavandI'mhereforthelovelychance of meetingyouofcourseDetectiveRedmond.Theywouldn'tletmeinwiththatreasonthoughsoIhiredas atechnicianofallthings."

About halfway through Jorgi's reply, the detective realizes that he is actually speaking English.

"Whoa," she says. "Slow down just a bit. I have to write the important bits down. You said your name was Jorg...something? And what is that accent? Russian, perhaps?"

She seems to take his fast talking in moderately good humor, rather than as an attempt to be difficult...so far, anyway.

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Thanks. He says shaking the man's hand, being carefull not to squeeze too hard. There was some property damage, so I may need a lawyer or something. Aztechnologies... good company... I used some of your gear in the military.

Werner nods in understanding at the mention of property damage.

"A military man, eh?" he says. "Builds character. I served in the Navy, myself, back when I was still a young man. What branch were you in...and did they let you out before or after your nifty new talent became known?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dr. Steven Faturius (Prof. Fate)

Officer said:
"I can radio one of the officers up there," he says. "I don't think you'd be wanting to go back up to the ballroom, though. Someone said something about a nasty disease threat. They're not letting anyone back out of the room."

"Well, considering that I was in that very room, not so long ago perhaps it would be best if I were examined as well, yes?" Dr. Faturius asked. He began to move, walking casually and beckoning the officer to come along so that he could continue the conversation.

"Would hate for them to go through all that trouble upstairs and miss me, just because I went to the restroom at the right time," Steven continued.

Radiant

First Post
Rybaer said:
About halfway through Jorgi's reply, the detective realizes that he is actually speaking English.

"Whoa," she says. "Slow down just a bit. I have to write the important bits down. You said your name was Jorg...something? And what is that accent? Russian, perhaps?"

She seems to take his fast talking in moderately good humor, rather than as an attempt to be difficult...so far, anyway.

"SureI'lltellyoumynameasoftenasyoulike.J.O.R.G.I.V.A.D.I.S.L.A.V."

His spelling is so fast that it almost sounds like someone spealing normaly just said the name.

"Russianisright."

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, where to start... Myself. As you may have heard, I can turn into a swarm of spider, not really interesting power, but it is what I got. Fr how I get in that, well, I was watching the news when it all start. I was near here, and a friend of mine knew I could do something good out of that. He convince me. Not sure if it was the good thing to do, but I run here. That guy", pointing Jorgi, "was alreday here, and him" pointing Thomas, "I met him in the stair" and for the last one "Dr Fate I think, he came a bit later. The big guy open the door so we could enter, and so the fight start. If you want to see what happen from there, ask that cameraman, he have evrything on image. Myself, I am not even sure what really happen, it happen so fast.

That make me think of something, will you excuse me. I need to talk to the police, if you wait here, I'll come back in a few minutes."

He leaves the reporter and try to find a policeman.

Mimic

First Post
Rybaer said:
"A military man, eh?" he says. "Builds character. I served in the Navy, myself, back when I was still a young man. What branch were you in...and did they let you out before or after your nifty new talent became known?"

Army, did a short stint with the marines but the higher ups and I never really saw eye to eye on things, so that didn't really work out too well. Thomas says with a grin finishing his beer.

Whiskey, neat. He tells the bartender before turning back to Werner. I had three months left before my enlistment ran out, when I discovered my "talents". I heard rumors that they were forming a meta-human division and at the time I was uncertain if I wanted to be part of that so I didn't re-enlist. I wanted some time to think things over before commiting to something like that.

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
"Well, considering that I was in that very room, not so long ago perhaps it would be best if I were examined as well, yes?" Dr. Faturius asked. He began to move, walking casually and beckoning the officer to come along so that he could continue the conversation.

"Would hate for them to go through all that trouble upstairs and miss me, just because I went to the restroom at the right time," Steven continued.

The officer seems to pale slightly.

"You...you were up there?" the officer says. "Yeah, perhaps it would be best if you were examined."

He follows Faturius upstairs and to the kitchen entrance to the ballroom. Several more cops are guarding the door now, but after a quick explanation they allow Faturius to enter.

"Just remember," the cops says as he turns to leave, "they won't want you leaving until everyone is medically cleared."

Rybaer

First Post
Radiant said:
"SureI'lltellyoumynameasoftenasyoulike.J.O.R.G.I.V.A.D.I.S.L.A.V."

His spelling is so fast that it almost sounds like someone spealing normaly just said the name.

"Russianisright."

She scribbles at a frantic pace, but seems to be able to keep up with the pertinent details. Probably used to taking notes.

"Are you a student in the U.S.? Working here? Immigrant?"

Remove ads