• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Velmont

First Post
Oh, please. The last thing I need, it is some necrophage, as Tom say...

He quickly shut down all the application on the computer and log off. He stand up and see it is too late to get rid of the shark.

OOC: Tom is a police that work with Lawrence's father. He call necrophage all the reporter, as they eat story about dead people, it seel more.

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

Rybaer said:
"Marie Chase," she says. "And my fee for fetching you a drink is your name."

"JorgiVadislav," he replies.

"Russian? Seems to fit with what accent I can make out through your fast-talking." She seems to be teasing him.

"I'll be right back with a drink," she says. "Then you'll have to excuse me for a few minutes while I fetch pitchers of water and other stuff for the people stuck here. I am still at work, after all."

Even though it is not him talking fast but other people being so slow Jorgi decides to let her get away with that because everything is just turning out so well.

"Hey,aftereverybody'sclaimingwhatabigheroIamcan'tIatleast
getmypersonalwaitress?Nomannersinthiscountry."

He improvises a shoked expression but somehow it doesn't work with his smile still intatct.

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
"Leon, let's drive up and see what's going on," Steven said. "If it's alright. I'll head out and get Ms. Summers."

Leon looks back at Dr. Faturius in the rearview mirror.

"Right away, sir," he says. He starts the car and drives up a couple levels. As he reaches the upper garage level, a number of policemen descend upon the limo. On taps his nightstick on the driver's window.

"What is it, officer?" Leon asks after rolling down his window. Faturius can hear the conversation with the privacy screen down.

"Sorry, but this level is being blocked off due to an incident taking place upstairs," the officer says. "I can't let you leave the garage until the all-clear is given. Probably best if you just return to your parking spot."

Leon gives Faturius an inquiring look in the rearview mirror.

Rybaer

First Post
An officer intercepts Granite while he's en route to the recently re-opened bar in the back corner of the ballroom. Granite answers the officer with simple and straightforward answers regarding his role and recollection of events. The officer is quick about his work and asks Granite to remain available in the ballroom should follow up questions be required.

A number of people are crowding the bar, eager for a drink after the harrowing incident of the evening. They all make way for Granite, however, mostly with awed and respectful looks.

When Granite places an order, a man slides in beside him and hands the barkeep a crisp $100 bill. "His drinks are on me," he says in a deep, confident voice. The bartender nods and pockets the bill.

"Werner Schwartzeit," he says, extending a hand to Granite. The guy is a fit man in his 50's, dressed in a sharp suit and exuding confidence. "I want to thank you personally for your role in stepping up and taking on these thugs tonight. It could have gone much worse, and I think that you and your fellows' decisive actions were the right call. Demonstrates real character."

He withdraws a business card from his jacket pocket and hands it to Granite. "I've got considerable connections, both in business and politics. Should anyone try to come after you for 'vigilantism' or some such nonsense, let me know. I can leverage some common sense with some highly placed individuals. Might even be able to sponsor you and the others if you're thinking of taking up this gig full-time."

Granite glaces at the card - 'Werner Schwartzeit, CEO Aztechnologies'. He's heard of Aztechnologies through the military; even used some of their gear. If this guy's the CEO of that company, he could easily be worth hundreds of millions.

Rybaer

First Post
The reporter vectors in on Lawrence, cutting him off from any easy escape.

"Take care of that business?" he says, more as a statement than a question.

"Look, I don't want to waste your time, but I would like to just ask a few quick questions. You see, I'm reporting on tonight's happenings regardless of whether I get a single interview. Personally, I'd like to get my facts straight. That way, you won't have to read my story tomorrow and curse my name for casting you in the wrong light.

"Cool?"

Rybaer

First Post
Radiant said:
"Hey,aftereverybody'sclaimingwhatabigheroIamcan'tIatleast
getmypersonalwaitress?Nomannersinthiscountry."

He improvises a shoked expression but somehow it doesn't work with his smile still intatct.

Marie hesitates for a moment, then sighs. "I'll show you manners another time," she says. "Unfortunately, this is still paying my school bills, so manners are cast aside by orders from above."

She starts to walk toward the kitchen, then turns her head back toward Jorgi. "I will get you the first drink, though."

While Jorgi awaits her return, a plain clothes detective seats herself next to him. "Detective Redmond," she says by way of introduction. She is a weary but fairly attractive thirty-something brunette in a dark women's suit.

"I'd like to ask you a few questions, starting with your name and the reason for your presence in the ballroom tonight."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Leon said:
Leon gives Faturius an inquiring look in the rearview mirror.

Steven sighed, and opened the door, stepping out. Before closing the door, Steven said, "Thank you Leon, better do what the officer said. I'll call you when Ms. Summers and I are ready to leave."

Steven closed the door and smiled at the officer, "Good evening, officer. I believe I might be able to be of some assistance in that regard. My name is Dr. Steven Faturius, I was one of the speakers tonight. I had heard that the danger had passed and people needed my assistance. If you would be so kind as to check with someone upstairs, I would be grateful."

. . . though still tired as all get out. Steven finished in thought

Radiant

First Post
Rybaer said:
Marie hesitates for a moment, then sighs. "I'll show you manners another time," she says. "Unfortunately, this is still paying my school bills, so manners are cast aside by orders from above."

She starts to walk toward the kitchen, then turns her head back toward Jorgi. "I will get you the first drink, though."

While Jorgi awaits her return, a plain clothes detective seats herself next to him. "Detective Redmond," she says by way of introduction. She is a weary but fairly attractive thirty-something brunette in a dark women's suit.

"I'd like to ask you a few questions, starting with your name and the reason for your presence in the ballroom tonight."

Jorgi lets his head fall back to watch Marie on her way. Now he is starting to hate work.
But his attention is brought back to more pleasant thoughts then the detective interupts him.
He smiles at her and it even broadens then he notices her looks.

"Why,mynameisJorgiVadislavandI'mhereforthelovelychance of meetingyouofcourseDetectiveRedmond.Theywouldn'tletmeinwiththatreasonthoughsoIhiredas atechnicianofallthings."

Mimic

First Post
Granite nods his thanks towards the man as he takes a swig of his beer, of course his next drink will be something more expensive, considering he doesn't have to pay for it.

Thanks. He says shaking the man's hand, being carefull not to squeeze too hard. There was some property damage, so I may need a lawyer or something. Aztechnologies... good company... I used some of your gear in the military.

Remove ads