Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Mimic

First Post
Velmont said:
"And if you put a bullet in his head, you can forget your bag completly. Looks at him, he is a poor old man who have no clue of what you are talking about. Release him, it is me who have what you seek."

What the hell? No wonder sarge never put me on sentry duty. Thomas thinks to himself when the other person starts talking

Thomas quickly pulls his head back hoping that he hasn't been spotted yet. Well this guy either has a pair of brass ones or he knows he can't be hurt by small arms fire, so maybe I can get around them while he has them distracted.

Thomas will look up and estimate how far the top of the building is, he will them leap up to the top of the building

<powers: leap or superleap -which ever is approriate>

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Thomas will look up and estimate how far the top of the building is, he will them leap up to the top of the building

<powers: leap or superleap -which ever is approriate>

The buildings on this block are 4-5 stories high. (ooc - don't have my book handy, but I'm quite certain that's no problem with your Leap/super leap +8)

Thomas steps back to get an angle, crouches, and lauches himself straight up, landing gently on the roof. He moves quickly along the edge to get around behind the suited thugs. Peeking over, it seems that their attention is still focused on the new-comer.

-----------

(ooc - will update the others later tonight. I may be updating Velmont/Mimic's encounter a bit more frequently to get the story timelines matched better. Not to imply that something might happen at the conference or anything. *cough*)

Velmont

First Post
Rybaer said:
Three guns turn Lawrence's direction and the man holding his pistol to Gus's head looks his way. "Who the hell are you? If you got something to contribute, get over here where we can see you."

"I am the thorn you have in your feet right now. First, I want to see him. I want to be sure he is alive. Simple business rules, a trade needs to interest both side. You want your things back, I don't want that poor man to pay for what I have done. Show me his face and we will discuss."

OOC: If they show me Gus, I will slowly start to walk in there direction.

Note for Thomas leaping. A floor is about 10 feet high, so you can leap 1 floor high per 2 point in a half action and 1 floor per point per action. If you are super-leaping, that make 512 floors. Do you know any building with 512 florrs?

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Thomas will continue to watch the men, as soon as the man stops pointing the gun at the man on the car (or if he shoots him), Thomas will leap off the roof into their midst, (hopefully surprising them.) He will then attack.

<ooc: tactician he is not :p >

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
The dark alley behind Moose's Pub, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
21:09

Velmont said:
"I am the thorn you have in your feet right now. First, I want to see him. I want to be sure he is alive. Simple business rules, a trade needs to interest both side. You want your things back, I don't want that poor man to pay for what I have done. Show me his face and we will discuss."

"This ain't exactly business, kid," the guy nearest Gus says. "Stealing from us isn't too bright, and it leaves only one side with any 'trade' rights."

He grabs Gus by the shirt and roughly drags him off the hood of the car. Gus crumples on the ground with a cry of pain. It appears that he may have already been shot in the leg. He glances up at Lawrence, agony written across his face, and briefly nods his head as if to tell him to back off.

"Got a good look at his face yet?" the guy says, waiving his pistol about lazily. "Our trade - give me back my bag, with all its contents, right now or I put a bullet in the back of his head. No negotiations."

Thomas/Granite is watching the events transpire from above. The thugs are keeping watch along the alley, but not up at the roof. With the old man on the ground, the leader of the group doesn't seem to keep his pistol facing any particular direction.

Taking it as an opening, Granite leaps down, landing directly behind the leader. The pavement cruches loudly under his weight and stone-hardened flesh. He hurls his fist at the leader, but it fails to connect when the intended target spins around in shock. (Roll 3+7+1=11, miss flat-footed)

Lawrence is caught somewhat by surprise - that the mysterious metahuman appears to be on his side - but not nearly as shocked by the attack as the thugs are.

Initiatives:
Granite (15)
Lawrence (11)
Thugs (10)

You'll both still have you opponents flat-footed, so Granite will get his Suprise Strike if he connects. Lawrence is about 30' from the leader, 40' or so to the others.

Rybaer

First Post
Hightower Convention Center, Downtown, Coast City
April 16
18:44

Radiant said:
"SoshowmethewholefromwhichIcanseetheshow.Saywhat`sthiswholethingabout?"
He isn`t really interested in what they set all this up for as long as it works. He would never get why people would want such usefull technicall support for their totalyl uselss speeches and parties. But hey, here got paid and it was fun.

Jack is still getting the hang of deciphering Jorgi's speed talking and it takes a moment to respond.

"Well, the conference is called Metahumans@Work," he says. "Kinda cheesy, if you ask me. Anyway, I guess it's a bunch of business and government types getting together to discuss the new issues presented by metahumans, mostly in terms of how it impacts the workplace. Tonight is just a kick-off dinner with some speeches. Tomorrow, throughout the day, there's a number of smaller workshops and other speakers."

Jack indicates that Jorgi should take his spot now that dinner is getting underway. Jorgi's seat is behind the stage and behind some free-standing curtain dividers. He can see little bits and pieces of the ballroom, but much of it is obscured.

The waitstaff finally gets around to bringing out dinner. Jorgi, meanwhile, fiddles with the hands-free walkie talkie long enough to figure out what frequency Jack will use...so he can chat back to his new boss through his own body's internal radio reception and broadcasting ability.

A young woman, short with black hair, slips behind the curtain near Jorgi. She looks like a goth girl who's suffering her wait staff uniform. "Hey there," she says with a demure smile. "You working this gig? Must be a drag stuck back here. Can I get'cha anything to eat or drink?"

Rybaer

First Post
April 16
19:48

The dinner, typical banquet fare, is winding down. Steven has spent much of it listening to the lady sitting on his left - wife of a mayoral staffer - who happens to have attended one of Steven's seminars in the recent past. She is enamoured with him and seems intent on sharing every intimate detail of how his words of wisdom have changed her life. Her husband winces in sympathy and Maggie conceals her amusement by chatting with the banking VP sitting on her right.

During the meal, Steven had noted that Sandra Poynter was sitting one table over from his own. Echoes of her tale still resonated with him. Every now and then, Sandra would look up and catch him staring at her. She always just smiled and returned to her food or her table conversation.

Now, as the waitstaff busies themselves removing dirty plates, Steven again glaces her way. She is holding her head, sweat breaking out upon her brow. By his estimation, she looks ill. One of the other guests sitting by her side leans over to see if she is okay. She opens her eyes, and Faturius can read her lips: "I'm fine. Just a bit warm."

The lady sitting beside Steven gets to a particularly important part of her story and grabs him by the wrist, snapping his attention away from Sandra. When he gets a polite moment to look back at her, he finds that she is across the room chatting with one of her staffers.

The staffer nods and leaves the ballroom. Sandra turns and walks up to Steven, looking much better now. "Dr. Faturius," she says, "you'll be on in about fifteen minutes. I'll give a short introduction and then the stage is yours. Don't run too long or I'll have to get one of those long, hooked canes to pull you off." This last she says with a wry smile.

Velmont

First Post
Rybaer said:
"Got a good look at his face yet?" the guy says, waiving his pistol about lazily. "Our trade - give me back my bag, with all its contents, right now or I put a bullet in the back of his head. No negotiations."

"You won't have time to shoot..." say Lawrence while he starts to rush on the leader.

OOC: Lawrence charge the leader and try to take his gun before he can shoot at Gus. (Dodge on everyone, All-Out Attack: 5 points -> Defence: 22, Attack: +13) I'll spend a HP if the disarm roll is less than 10.

If Granite put out the leader before my action, simply change the target for a goon and I won't spend a HP against one of them.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
April 16
18:44

Jack is still getting the hang of deciphering Jorgi's speed talking and it takes a moment to respond.

"Well, the conference is called Metahumans@Work," he says. "Kinda cheesy, if you ask me. Anyway, I guess it's a bunch of business and government types getting together to discuss the new issues presented by metahumans, mostly in terms of how it impacts the workplace. Tonight is just a kick-off dinner with some speeches. Tomorrow, throughout the day, there's a number of smaller workshops and other speakers."

"HeyI'mametahumanatwork. TheyshouldletMEspeak."
He takes his place and and links into the frequency of Jack's headset.
"Don'tworry,Icanhandlethiscrap."

A young woman, short with black hair, slips behind the curtain near Jorgi. She looks like a goth girl who's suffering her wait staff uniform. "Hey there," she says with a demure smile. "You working this gig? Must be a drag stuck back here. Can I get'cha anything to eat or drink?"

A surprised and very happy smile crosses Jorgi's face.
"Youhavnoideasweetheart."
Again electricity runs through is eyes like lightning then he connects with the system. Then he realizes that she probably hasn't understood him he takes a moment to decide if she's worth the bother of slowing down.
"Became a lot better back here about five seconds ago. I'd take a coke but that would probably mean you will go away to get it. Don't like that idea."
He looks at her understanding at her uniform. He isn't big for appearances but for a goth this must be as close to hell as you can get.

Remove ads