• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curtains#2 - It Came From Below!

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Prof. Fate HP's: 0, Unharmed, Exhausted

Narrator said:
From the thrashing figure, between the agonizing screams, comes a faint call for help...in a voice different from the fungal man's.
’A call for help . . . must help,’ Fate thought almost automatically. He stood shaking and made his way toward the cloud of powder.
Lawrence said:
"It's Paul! Fate can't you help him?"
Counting on his immunities to keep himself and his friends from harm, Fate called out to his friends, “If it’s just Paul left we need to get him out of the cloud, and I’ll heal him. But I’m too weak to carry him out . . . could use a hand or three.”

Once he can see it’s Paul, whether in or out of the cloud, Fate will invoke Healing upon him.

Velmont

First Post
"Damn!" says Lawrence, as he starts to rush on fungal man.

OOC: Bullrush the fungal man to push him in a watery area, or at least, out of the sodium pile.

Mimic

First Post
Granite 1hp remaining 1 hit

Granite sighs to himself, first they want him in the pile, now they want him out.

"Can you do me the favor and make up my mind." He grumbles to himself and he takes a few steps towards the fungal man.

Putting up his hand to stop Lawrence's rush, "Don't bother kid, I got him." He will reach into the pile, lifting him out and moving over to Fate.

"Now what?"

Rybaer

First Post
By the time Lawrence reaches the now settling cloud, Granite has already dragged the ragged remains of the fungal man clear. The thick fungal hide has split, bubbled, and cracked away in many spots, exposing ordinary human flesh underneath. All of it is badly scarred with chemical burns. The man, presumably the missing grad student Paul Link judging by what's left of his face, has lapsed into unconsciousness.

Fate lays his hands on the man and utters words of healing. Paul's wounds immediately begin to close and the redness of the burns subsides. Troubling, however, is the fact that the fungal tissue seems to have become completely fused with Paul's own skin in spots.

Paul's eyes flicker open and he looks up at Fate and then the others. "I'm...I'm so sorry," he says weakly. "What happened? Were you able to stop me in time?"

Even as you watch, the fungal portions of Pauls tissue begin to spread back outward...millimeter by millimeter.

Velmont

First Post
"Look, the fungus, it's still trying to get over Paul. Isn't any way to stop it?" say Lawrence showing the fungus that is growing.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Prof. Fate Unharmed, Exhausted HP's: 0

Paul said:
"I'm...I'm so sorry," he says weakly. "What happened? Were you able to stop me in time?"

"That still . . .seems in doubt," Fate replied. "As Lawrence has stated, the fungus still grows on you . . . I cannot protect you from the base. Is there a root stem or brain cluster that can be attacked with the base?"

Mimic

First Post
Granite 1hp remaining 1 hit

Granite shifted from foot to foot, standing around never suited him well. He was a 'push it till it moved sort of guy' and it seemed pretty obvious what they should do with this guy but he somehow doubted that the rest of the group would be ok with it so he didn't say anything. For now he would let Fate lead, he was the brains in this outfit anyways might as well let him do his job.

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

"NotthatImindsenselessandlargescaledestruction.Seemstobethethemeofthiscityanyway. Butlet'sgoforprecisionforachange."
Jorgi searches for a long object to smear with the base and tries to just touch the fungus parts of the man with it.
"Maybeadoctorcoulddothisright.Youkow,blastawythecorruptedstuff."

Rybaer

First Post
Paul looks pained, both physically and emotionally.

"Destroying the fungal tissue on my body only seems to slow it for a few minutes," he says, laying his head back against the concrete in exhaustion. "The growth you see is only the outer extension of the fungus - the mushroom, if you will. Most of the fungus, the hyphae or filaments, are intermingled with my body's tissue now. Worse, as I just recently learned, I think the fungus is somehow intermingling its DNA into my own.

"I'm not entirely human any longer. I don't know what I am...and I have trouble controlling my own thoughts.

"I was hoping to find some way to save myself, but I clearly couldn't work fast enough. Maybe the fungus can be slowed enough to give me or someone else a chance to study the process. I fear fungicides or similar tacts will only kill me rather than slow it. Perhaps that would be for the best, anyway..."

Velmont

First Post
Lawrence stare a moment at Paul. "I... I can't stand that anymore" On that, he just leave the room to go back to where the zombies was, waiting for the others.

Remove ads