Curtains#2 - It Came From Below!

Rybaer

First Post
ooc- Arty's attention doesn't stray far from Fate or Lawrence, so it would be difficult to cast a Telepathy spell without his notice. To cast without words and gestures would require extra effort, which at this point would knock Fate unconscious. But yes, he does seem to be a little suspect. ;)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Prof. Fate Unharmed, Exhausted HP's: 0

OOC: Then Fate does it anyway.

"Lawrence," Fate said calmly in response to Lawrence's words, "we need to deal with this . . . and perhaps not in the way that you think."

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

With a gesture of his hand Jorgi switches on all the lights in the restaurant and leads on.
"Comeon,stonehead.CoolingeatsalotofelectricityIcanalmostfeeltheplace."
He turns his head sideways and blinks, all it takes to set the freezer to it's highest setting.
"Hereyougo,let'sfreezethesucker.Whydon'twehavesomeonewithicepowersonthe teamanyway?Everygoodteamneedsthat.Maybesomehotchicinleather.Allright,maybethatwouldn'tgosowellwiththeicepowersbutI'mwillingtooverlookthat."

Rybaer

First Post
Fate casts his spell, heedless of what Arty may think about it. The spell links Fate's mind with Arty's conscious thoughts, but not with his memories. Arty's mind instinctively tries to reject the intrusion, but fails.

Arty gives Fate a very suspicious look. "What are you doing?"

Fate:
What's he up to? He's using a power, but what? Is he reading my mind or something? Shoot...if he is, I wonder if he can tell how I found them...no, wait, don't think about that in case he is reading my mind...

Fate can read Arty's thoughts bouncing all over the place. Just under the sub-vocalized level thoughts, however, he can see what Arty doesn't want revealed. Arty has powers of his own. He can sense the use of metahuman powers, and he's trying very hard to keep that fact hidden.

Jorgi lights the place up, quenching the tastefully subdued ambiance of the restaurant. He can feel the power drain of the walk-in freezer and leads Granite through the maze of tables. The few remaining guests look quite startled, but remain in their seats.

"Look, really, this is private property," the maitre d' says, following closely. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave, now...or I'll, er, call the police."

Jorgi lead the entourage through the kitchens where a dozen startled employees look up from the dishes. They seem disinclined to help the maitre d' at all. Jorgi finds the freezer in the back, kicking the chillers to their max with a mere thought. He manages to open the door without dropping the sodium hydroxide.

The freezer is crowded, but there is still plenty of room for the fungal-infected man. His regeneration has continued slowly, but it is still a long way away from where it was at his peak. Paul remains unconscious.

Mimic

First Post
Granite 1 hp remaining

"Yea, sure why don't you do that, I'm sure that they will come running." Granite responds dumping the fungal man onto the freezer floor.

Closing the door he will approach the maitre d', "Say do you have anything to drink in this place? Beating the tar out of people always makes me thristy. What about you Electro-boy, you old enough to kick back a few?"

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi

You could call it a lightning fast movement but the Jorgi uses real lightning too often to make it possible to think that. Regardles his hands snap forward with remarkable speed and he grabs a pack of steacks that vanishes into his jacket. He turns to Granite in a mock boy and waves to the freezer.
"YourroomisreadynowSir,asyouseetheinteriordecorationisjustperfect."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Professor Fate HPs: 0/4, Exhausted

Arty said:
"What are you doing?"
"Arty, my friend . . . we all have secrets," Professor Fate commented, pausing for a few seconds to see if anything else popped into the reporter's head. "I'm certain you know that as well as anyone. What isn't a secret is that it is not safe for you down here. You should leave . . . we are leaving. Lawrence, let's go."

Rybaer

First Post
Jorgi clears the way and Granite dumps the unconscious body in a clear area of the freezer.

Granite said:
Closing the door he will approach the maitre d', "Say do you have anything to drink in this place? Beating the tar out of people always makes me thristy. What about you Electro-boy, you old enough to kick back a few?"

"I think not," the maitre d' says with indignation. "I'll be fetching the police now. There seem to be plenty of them out on the street tonight."

He turns on his heel and starts stalking out of the kitchen toward the front of the restaurant. He pulls up abruptly, however, when the lights in the place flicker and the door to the freezer buckles in a scream of twisting metal. There is a dull thumping sound, followed by a hiss, emanating from the freezer. The door hangs limply in its frame and the latch is clearly broken. Water vapor condenses in wisps around the frame.

Professor Fate said:
"Arty, my friend . . . we all have secrets," Professor Fate commented, pausing for a few seconds to see if anything else popped into the reporter's head.

Arty gives Fate a very suspicious look, but says nothing.

Fate:
Probably reading my mind, or sensing something. If you're reading my mind, Fate, I'd suggest you stop...not very ethical of you. Besides, I'm not worth getting suspicious at...just trying to do my job better than the next guy. And if you're not reading my mind...then I'm just exercising my own personal paranoia. Yeah, just keep telling yourself that.

Arty abruptly turns his head and looks down the hall in the general direction that Granite and Jorgi left, his eyes narrowing as if looking for something.

Fate:
What the heck was that!?! Fate hears Arty think.

"Yeah," he says, "I think I've seen enough here. I'm sure you'll want to give me your side of what went on down here, though. It'll start to look funny in the news if you guys keep popping up in the middle of these 'incidents' but aren't forthcoming with information. Makes you look...suspect."

He starts heading off in the direction he was looking, away from the nearby manhole from which he came. There seems to be some purpose in his stride. Moments after he does so, the fungal zombies all collapse to the ground, now no more animate than corpses.

Last edited:

Remove ads