• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curtains#2 - It Came From Below!

Rybaer

First Post
16th Street, Downtown, Coast City
Apr 17
22:52

One of the officers goes off in search of someone with a cell phone that could be borrowed. Meanwhile, Fate tries to telepathically make contact with the thrashing utility worker. He gets only the slightest flutter of a response, and certainly nothing intelligible. Fate had gotten a much stronger response when he tried his power on a cat once (out of curiosity, of course).

"Here you go," the officer says, handing him a cell phone. Fate thanks him and then dials his voicemail.

The first message is timestamped only a few minutes ago and goes something like this:

"Heythere,you'rethatfriendofthecapedguyaren'tyou?ThisisJorgiVadislav.
YouknowwemetduringthatPestilenceterroristthing.Nottahtitwasworthrememberingmindyou.
StillthenpeoplesaideverythingspossibleinAmericaIdi dn'thinkglowingmonstersfromthesewerscomeinthepackage.
Nothingdiscriminating'gainstmonstersfromthesewers, Iloveturtlesbutthisbuggerisjustabittoostrong.Itwouldbedamn greatifyourcapedbuddycouldhelpmeouthere."

HELP!

Fate immediately has to replay the message to figure out who it is from and what he's talking about.

The next message is again from Jorgi, this time apologizing for not including information about where he can be found. The address for the Keyhole apartments puts it about two miles away from where Fate and Lawrence currently are.

The third message is from Granite trying to get a message relayed to Professor Fate. He briefly recounts his own episode with a zombie-like utility worker in the sewers on 10th St. It dawns on Fate that he and Maggie had just come out of the restaurant probably within a block of where Granite was. Granite is hoping that Professor Fate could meet him or call him back so they can figure out what to do next. (Unlike Jorgi's call which was probably from an unlisted number, this call has a return number.)

The fourth message is from Sandra Poynter.

"Hey, uh, Steven. This is Sandra Poynter. Look, I just got a call from a guy by the name of Michael Linderman. He's a professor for CC State University. The guy wanted to know if I knew how to get in touch with, you know, Him. He sounded really desperate, saying that he might have information pertinent to what is going on in the city sewers right now. He said that the police lines are all blocked up, so he started looking for alternatives. Anyway, if you get this, he wants you to call him at ###-####.

"If you're getting involved with all this, please be careful. Gimme a call sometime, when you're not so busy. Bye!"

Keyhole Apartments, Riverside, Coast City
Apr 17
22:46

Ms. Larson decides that it might be more prudent to flee outside rather than back into her first floor apartment. When she sees the sparks start flying off Jorgi, she starts running and doesn't look back.

Jorgi steps back and floats up off the ground. His body crackles with a tangible aura of electricity.

The plumber finally crashes through the door, ripping the hinges out of the wood frame. The door tumbles awkwardly over the lobby bench that Jorgi had dragged in front of it and the plumber tries to navigate his way over it. Jorgi unleashes a bolt of lightning into his chest. The plumber twitches spasmodically and his shirt smoulders slightly, but it otherwise doesn't seem to faze him much. [attack roll 13+5=18, hit; Dmg save 25 vs. DC22, success]

The plumber tries to climb over the tilted door, but falls flat on his face for his efforts. [balance check = 7, fail]

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi Vadislav

Apr 17

"ThismyfriendIcandoallday."

Jorgi draws back his hand while he gathers more energy in it before he throws the sphere of electricity forward to hit the worker again.

ooc: same as last turn

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Professor Fate: Unhurt, Hero Pts 4

Apr 17

Fate shook his head sadly at the former utility worker, thinking that he was a mindless zombie (which he quite possibly was). After reviewing the phone calls, Professor Fate dialed the number for Granite.

"Granite, this is Professor Fate," Fate said, "I'm about six blocks away from you on 16th street downtown with your companion from last night's entertainment. Do you want to meet us here or for us to come to you? I also go a call from the lightning bug but he is two miles away."

Professor Fate looked around while he was talking for a media person - someone with a camera feed. Hopefully, Jorgi can see him and come to him. Otherwise there would be a lot of backtracking tonight.

Professor Fate tried to remember if Jorgi's location was between them and CC State University.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I suppose Fate told me what the message was talking about, at least the ones of Jorgi and Granite

"Didn't you say the electoman had some problem, he wanted help. If he is really in trouble, we shouldn't wait here. Two miles you say? That's mean about 10 to 15 minutes of run... Isn't there a way to get there sooner. I'll try to go with a policeman. Join us there. If we neutralize teh trouble there first, I'll call Fatarius, so he can give you the message, and we will meet at the university."

Lawrence go see a policeman.

"Sorry sir, but it seems there was another sigthing of those things. Someone in trouble. It is 2 miles from here, we should go now before there is new victims. I'll show you the way."

Mimic

First Post
Keia said:
"Granite, this is Professor Fate," Fate said, "I'm about six blocks away from you on 16th street downtown with your companion from last night's entertainment. Do you want to meet us here or for us to come to you? I also go a call from the lightning bug but he is two miles away."

The other kid is in trouble? Give me his address and I can meet you there, shouldn't take me very long to get there.

Once Fate has given him the address, Granite will hand up the phone and return it to the police man. Something has come up and I have to go, don't send anyone else down there, better yet see if you can block off any access and if someone comes up stay as far away from them as possible.

He will motion everyone away from him, he will proceed to crouch down and then leap into the air.

<ooc: Superleap at +8, should only take one (two) leaps to get there>

Rybaer

First Post
Apr 17

Jorgi unleashes another bolt of electricity at the prone plumber. It literally blows a hole in the guy's chest...something Jorgi didn't think his power could do. (Attack roll 16+5=21, hit; dmg save 9 vs 22, failure)

The plumber's torso tears open and exposes flesh and bone and a whole lot of greenish gray fibrous material. The fibrous material seems to be taking over the man's innards and moves slowly under its own power. The guy's arms and legs continue to twitch a bit, but he is no longer trying to rise.

Apr 17

(ooc for Fate - Jorgi's apartment is about 2 miles to the East. CC State's campus begins about a mile north from there. Also, there is a news crew nearby...busy interviewing some of the witnesses. Do you still want to try to get a message through the Jorgi by television after Lawrence announces his intent to go help Jorgi?)

Lawrence gets the attention of one of the cops and tells him about the appearance of another of the "things". The cop politely declines to drive Lawrence over there, but does offer to have the dispatcher send over the nearest unit to that location.

"Hey, I'll drive ya over if you think it's that important," Andrew says from behind him. Lawrence had almost completely forgotten that his brother was still hanging around, unsure of what else to do with himself.

(ooc for Granite - yikes...two jumps? Okay, that'll get you just a little too far ahead in the timeline. Or is it behind? Either way, you don't have that power. ;) With Jorgi wiping out the plumber, he'll be dropping out of "combat time" and I'll be able to get you back into the story in a post or so.)

Mimic

First Post
The way I calculated it out, Granite should cover about a mile per super leap of course I don't have the book with me and I could be wrong. Also it never stated how long it takes for each leap so just insert him as you please :D

Velmont

First Post
"Thanks, Andrew. Yes, officier, dispatch somone please." He start to run to Andrew's car. "Let's go, it is that way, and do it fast, seem the lectric man have some trouble with one of those things."

Radiant

First Post
Rybaer said:
Apr 17

Jorgi unleashes another bolt of electricity at the prone plumber. It literally blows a hole in the guy's chest...something Jorgi didn't think his power could do. (Attack roll 16+5=21, hit; dmg save 9 vs 22, failure)

The plumber's torso tears open and exposes flesh and bone and a whole lot of greenish gray fibrous material. The fibrous material seems to be taking over the man's innards and moves slowly under its own power. The guy's arms and legs continue to twitch a bit, but he is no longer trying to rise.

Jorgi looks surprised at his finger somehow expecting them to smoke like some western heros gun.

"Damn,I'msogoodIevensurprisemyself."

He calmly gets back to his room, and with a half a thought leaves another message for Prof. Fate.

"Thanks,allfineagainnoneedtogetoutofyourpijama.Killedthething."

This time he even leaves a phone number just in case.
Then he's back p he will chek through the local phone lines to see why it's even possible that 911 is busy.

Rybaer

First Post
Apr 17
22:48

Jorgi finishes leaving his message on Faturius' voicemail. He then plugs his mind into the phone system and starts probing around. It seems that Ms. Larson was quite accurate in that the 911 lines were busy. The volume of phone traffic trying to reach the system city-wide is just astounding.

On a whim, he tunes his senses to pick up one of the police radio bands. There is a considerable amount of chatter going back and forth between officers regarding zombie-like people that seem to be very difficult to restrain or put down. There are also comments about sewer back ups that are causing all manner of problems.

(ooc - Fate gets another page and will get the message from Jorgi if he checks his voicemail again. Lawrence hops in his brother's car and they start driving across town. Granite leaps into the air, then learns that he can't steer very well on the way down... Don't have time to post much more this morning. Will update later today or by tomorrow morning.)

Remove ads