Curtains Ch.04 - Shell Games

Velmont

First Post
"I can trun into a swarm of spiders... yeah, it is creepy. But I'm poisonous and I have better reflex than you can hope to have, and not only in swarm. It's eems that carry out even in my human form." tells Lawrence, driving like a taxi driver of manhattan.

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
[sblock=OOC]

I'll get back to you on this after I can re-read the description in the book. I seem to remember feeling it was pretty potent for a 1pt feat. It might not be effective, or fully effective, unless you have a better grasp of the situation. And the quality of your intel at this moment is dubious at best.

That said, if you can provide some fluff as to something, team-wise, that might possibly be effective in a given sitation, I'll be far more likely to approve the use of it. I won't always expect it, though.
[/sblock]

Danko goes on to explain he has a savantism when it comes to combat scenarios. He goes over the floorplans with everyone, pointing out arcs of fire opportunities, possible blindspots due to structural layout etc. He suggests Fate use his telepathy to determine locations of the robbers and gather intel when we get there. He also suggests Spyder would be useful for drawing fire initially. Turning to spiders at the last possible second to become immune to thier attacks. After Spyder draws thier initial fire Soundtrack Dazzles them to add to confusion and prevent thier communication with eachother. Fate can initially engage the flyer at range. Kombat can piggyback on Granite as he leaps into the biggest concentration of baddies and we wipe them up HTH. Soundtrack then moves to provide coverfire for Fate and Spyder cleans up any ground troops Granite and Kombat have failed to take out.

Velmont

First Post
"Sorry to tell you that, but teh one who can take bullet without harm, it is Granite. I can dodge bullet but if I am hit, I can be hurt, just like you." correct Lawrence.

hero4hire

Explorer
Velmont said:
"Sorry to tell you that, but teh one who can take bullet without harm, it is Granite. I can dodge bullet but if I am hit, I can be hurt, just like you." correct Lawrence.

OOC: Doesnt his his Alt Form have insubstantial?

hero4hire

Explorer
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]
At rank 1, which doesn't give any immunity. Immunity to physical attack come at rank 2 and higher.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC] ooops I was going by the Swarm Alt Form in the book. I figured you would've gone for the recommended Insubstantial 2. Well scratch that part of the plan then. Ah well...[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
hero4hire said:
[SBLOCK=OOC] ooops I was going by the Swarm Alt Form in the book. I figured you would've gone for the recommended Insubstantial 2. Well scratch that part of the plan then. Ah well...[/sblock]

Nope, because it didn't made sense to have teh same ability as air, when you are a swarm of spider. The limites of the liquid insubstancial is pretty close to what I figure for a swarm of spider, so I didn't bought more.[/SBLOCK]

Rybaer

First Post
June 23, 21:03
Outside the Watchtower skyscraper, edge of downtown Coast City

Lawrence guides the team SUV up to a rough police perimeter that is trying to cut off traffic from the block immediately surrounding the Watchtower. There are at least a dozen squad cars already on the scene and it sounds like more are on the way. A police helicopter is circling overhead and a couple of local news vans are already getting set up. Apparently word of a meta-human involved in a diamond heist can spread rather quickly.

As the team unloads into the street, an officer comes jogs over to meet them. His name tag says SGT PERRY.

“Hey, I heard you guys were on your way,” he says. “Probably a good thing, too. Sounds like we’ve got at least one confirmed super in there.”

The officer hands over a blurry black and white photo on computer paper. It looks like a still from a security camera feed, showing three hooded men in a hallway.

“The building security manager just gave us this,” he says. “He said that one of these guys just pointed a bare hand at the camera and it suddenly stopped working…apparently right after this was taken. I heard something about another witness seeing someone flying, but I haven’t confirmed that yet. We do know for certain that they were on the 46th floor, which is entirely operated by the diamond exchange. I’m trying to position men in the stairwells near there while building security is working to clear out any civilians. Frankly, we don’t have enough men on the scene yet to properly secure the location.

“Any idea how you boys can best help us out?”

Velmont

First Post
"Fate, let me scout the place, I'll then report the situation. I better do it alone, you are all too noisy, and I'm not only talking about soundtrack. Officier, you have a map of the building and the sewers around, it wouldn't hurt."

Once Fate gives an ok, Lawrence will transform into a spiderswarm. He will pass by the sewer to approach the building and getting in, after that, he will get up by the leevator up to the 46th floor.

At all time, he will try to stay hidden. He'll take 10 on all Sneak, Escape Artist and Disable Device. Before tryin to enter a room, he'll use his Tremor Sense to make sure no one is near the door and/or windows.

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
"Fate, let me scout the place, I'll then report the situation. I better do it alone, you are all too noisy, and I'm not only talking about soundtrack. Officier, you have a map of the building and the sewers around, it wouldn't hurt."

"Sorry, but I don't have any of those maps," the officer says. "The building security office, located on the first basement level, probably has something like that...at least for the building itself. Not sure if even they would have sewer access maps. Maybe the building facilities guys?"

Remove ads