Display: Visual
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: 1 wielded weapon
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: none
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 3
You form a link between yourself and elemental forces of water, allowing you to chill enemies with your weapon. Your next attack with this weapon deals 4d6 additional cold damage. The cold aura wears off at the end of your next turn.
Augment: For six power points, this power affects all your attacks until the end of you next turn.

Auric's Brainfreezer
Psychokinesis [Cold]
Level: Psychic warrior 2
Display: Visual
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Fortitude half; Will negates
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 3
You form a brief link between yourself and elemental forces of water, allowing you to stun your enemies with a frigid blade. Make one attack as part of manifesting this power. It deals 2d6 cold damage (Fort save for half). If the target takes cold damage and fails the Fortitude save, it must make a Will save or be stunned for 1 round.

Augment: For every 2 more power points spent the blow deals 1d6 more damage and the DC increases by 1.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Good luck with that. Doubt it'll happen, for a few reasons -

1) Swift actions are not, to my knowledge, OGL. Which means it's unlikely they'll be added.

2) Brainfreezer has a lot of potential for abuse, especially the elongation of the stun (stun can really knock out BBEGs).

3) The first is alright, I suppose, if you can find a way around the "swift" action bit. I'd say either standard action, and deals 1d6 cold damage for a number of rounds equal to your caster level (and you can make an attack with it the round you manifest it), or something similar to that.

Good luck with it. Reminds me that I should write up something unique for Galwynn. Maybe a feat or something. I dunno.

EternalSword

First Post
Swift actions, or at least powers with 1 swift action casting time, are in the SRD anyway, see prevenom weapon or dissolving weapon. Good point about the augument increasing the stun time, although as a dm I'd be more worried about vampiric blade, which shows up at the same time as the potential multiturn stun. I'll change that.

Patlin

Explorer
What if the psychic warrior wields multiple weapons? The rules text seems to allow for this, but the flavor text reads "your weapon" singular.

Should the latter one effect "your next attack" only, and have no effect if the attack misses?

EternalSword

First Post
The first one is supposed to be only for the target weapon. Thanks for catching that, i'll reword the power.

Well, the wording for the second one is based off of a power from complete psionic, stygian weapon in regards to what attack it activates on. The way the power reads, it can activate on any one sucsessful hit during the duration with the subject weapon.

EternalSword

First Post
Actually would it make more sense for Bladeblizzard to deal 4d6 and have an augment that adds full attack capability for something like 4 to 6 more pp?

Bront

The man with the probe
Auric's Bladeblizzard:
I'd be ok if you allowed for 6 PP you could add an extra attack, and was 4d6. 2d6 isn't to bad, given that under full attack, you usually only get 2-3 attacks as a psi-war anyway, but it's odd. It's less powerfull on average than 4d6 unless you are getting an extra attack with haste, flurry of blows, or something along those lines, where it could be abusive, but not till higher levels. I don't mind adding the 6 points to allow an extra attack with it.

Auric's Brainfreezer:
A little more problematic. Scaling damage and stun are particularly nasty, but beyond the stun it's on par with the other one you suggest. I would suggest this: Damage, save for half, if fail, make will save vs stun. There are a few chained save powers out there, and I think that adds some balance to it without realy taking much away. Also, is it a weapon attack? Touch attack? What?

Erekose13

Explorer
Swift and Immediate action types are covered under the Psionic Power Descriptions in the SRD ~ Link

Bladeblizzard - I'd be okay with either 2d6 1 full round with no augmentation or 4d6 1 attack with a 6 point augmentation for a full round attacks. I'm a little more concerned with the swift action though. Both dissolving weapon and prevenom weapon are standard actions to manifest.

Brainfreezer - I'm leary again on the swift action. With scaling damage and stun its pretty powerful on its own. Not having to spend a standard action on it makes it incredibly more powerful.

Remove ads