• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

Obly99

Hero
So, I mentioned an idea for this on the previous page, and thought I would post it here

Divine Ability: Divine Telepathy (su)
Prerequisites: divine aura, 40 Cha
Benefit: You can use telepathy with a range equal to the radius of your divine aura.

I know Beefermatic pointed out gods can cast sending at will, but that doesn't seem as good as actual telepathy to me since you can only send up to 25 words per casting.
I would say instead of divine aura, I would do it equal to the divine aura OR to the senses, whichever comes farther (to exploit cosmic conscience). And regardless anywhere in the divine realm.

Last edited:

So, I mentioned an idea for this on the previous page, and thought I would post it here

Divine Ability: Divine Telepathy (su)
Prerequisites: divine aura, 40 Cha
Benefit: You can use telepathy with a range equal to the radius of your divine aura, or the limits of your sight/perception, whichever is further. When in your godly realm, your telepathy range is always at least equal to the radius of the realm

I know Beefermatic pointed out gods can cast sending at will, but that doesn't seem as good as actual telepathy to me since you can only send up to 25 words per casting.
I always just allow sending to be a conversation, especially when it's at will, it seems pedantic and annoying to limit it at that point in such a way.

Regardless though I like this ability. I'd make it larger than their div aura though. Maybe at size of div aura, or a long range, whichever is larger. (Long range being 400 ft+ 40 ft per level)

Obly99

Hero
I always just allow sending to be a conversation, especially when it's at will, it seems pedantic and annoying to limit it at that point in such a way.

Regardless though I like this ability. I'd make it larger than their div aura though. Maybe at size of div aura, or a long range, whichever is larger. (Long range being 400 ft+ 40 ft per level)
In my setting I already do a similar thing: all demi-deities and above have telepathy equal to the range of their senses (which also extends to other places that they can see even remotely like with scrying) + automatically everywhere in their divine realm

Bootlebat

Explorer
In my setting I already do a similar thing: all demi-deities and above have telepathy equal to the range of their senses (which also extends to other places that they can see even remotely like with scrying) + automatically everywhere in their divine realm
I'm honestly kind of surprised they don't get such ability just as part of their template. Hence why I made one

Bootlebat

Explorer
Ok, here is my rough draft:

Extra Godly Realm (cosmic)
prerequisites: you must have a godly realm
benefit: You create another godly realm on any plane you desire, although immortal and sidereals are limited to the lower dimensions. Said godly realm starts out with the same radius as your divine aura, and grows at the rate listed on page 23 of Ascension, depending on what dimension it's in.
extra: You can take this ability multiple times, each time it creates another godly realm.

Ok, here is my rough draft:

Extra Godly Realm (cosmic)
prerequisites: you must have a godly realm
benefit: You create another godly realm on any plane you desire, although immortal and sidereals are limited to the lower dimensions. Said godly realm starts out with the same radius as your divine aura, and grows at the rate listed on page 23 of Ascension, depending on what dimension it's in.
extra: You can take this ability multiple times, each time it creates another godly realm.
This looks good to me, I think at Cosmic level is fine, overall a well made and useful ability. 👌

Bootlebat

Explorer
Here's a variation on one I made a long time ago. I was gonna make it its own [effect} but decided to make it a "meta" effect like Quantum Effect

Merciful Effect (divine)
benefit: Any and all of your [effect] powers that do hit point damage can be made to do non-lethal damage instead of lethal.

Remove ads