• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom races

Ethral

First Post
Angel (variant)
6'0-6'2
120-190lb
skill bonus:+3 religion +3 Heal
Ability scores +2 wis +2cha
Size: medium
speed:6sq. and fly 3
Vision: low light
Radiant resistance: radiant resistance 5+ one half your level
languages: supernal,Angelic, common
Channel divinity bonus: You gain channel divinity and may pick channel divinity feats you may use these power's twice per encounter you also may ignore worshiping that god prequest.
Play an angel if you want
to be a member of a race that favors the divine classes
To be respected by most religious
Physical qualities
His appearance is humanoid with feather like wings that are ether white, black, ect and the hair is usually a plain solid hue.
I have this race add it's paragon/epic and feats and also

Paragon's For angel
Angelic warrior
"Give up now your don't know what your messing with."
Prequest: must be an Angel and level 11
Angelic presence (11th level):Attacks against you take a -2 penalty until you are bloodied.
Angelic shield(11th level):aura 5: enemies treat the area within the aura as difficult terrain as long as your bloodied.
Flamming weapon(16th level): Any weapon you use can become flamming and deal an extra 1d6+ wisdom mod fire and radient damage as a minor action.
Angelic fury (level 11)
encounter/divine,weapon,radiant,fear
standard action melee: weapon
target one creature
Attack:Str vs Fort
Hit:3W+ str mod radiant and push the target equal to your charisma mod.

Double wings (level 12)
utility, Encounter,minor action
Effect you may move double your fly speed until the end of your turn.

Holy section (level 20)
daily,divine,Implement(for classes that use),Radiant
Target: one creature range 10sq.
wis vs will
Hit: 2d8 + wis mod radiant damage and the creature is considered weakened for 1d4+cha mod turns

Homunculus
Average Height: 3'0-7'0
Average Weight: 20-200lb
Bonus to defences +2ref 2 Ac
Abiliy scores: based on size
Vision: lowlight
shape change: you gain shape change as an encouter power.
Languages: common
Made size: at first level you can ether pick small or meduim and can't change. Medum speed 6 +2 con or cha and +2 str or dex.Small size: speed 7 +3dex and +1 to one other.
Future alchamist: you gain a +2 in alchamy cheaks.
shape change: encounter,poloymoarph standard action, you may change your racial look and clothes to look like any humanoid of your size.
Play a Homunculus if you want....
to be a creation of alchemy
Phisical qualities:
Same as human or halfling

Demon
Average height: 5'3-6'4
Average Weight: 130lb-220lb
Bonus Defenses:+2 Will
Ability scores: +2str and +2 dex
size: medium
speed" 6 sq and fly 3
Vision: dark vision
Necrotic Resistance: you have resistance equal to 5+ one-half your level to necrotic.
Languages:Supernal,Demonic,Common
Demonic hunter: you gain demonic hunter as an at will power
Demonic hunter
Racial power
triggered when attacking a bloodied enemy.
adds an additional 1d6 to damage.
Play a demon if you want...
To be a member of a race that favors the fighter or rouge class
To have a different option then the Tiefling.
Physical appearance: there appearance is humanoid, usually diamond like eyes, there hair usually has bright coloration and wings are red or black sometimes they have horns or a tail or both.
Cyborg
Average Height: 6'5-7'0
Average weight: 200-350lb

Middle walker
Average Height: 5'0-6'5
Average Weight 145-238lb
skill bonuses +2 intimidation +2 stealth
Ability scores +2 str, +1wis, +1 dex
size: Medium
speed: 6squares and fly 2
Vision: Normal
Angelic/Demonic Body: 2+half level resestance to necrotic and radiant damage.
Languages: common, Supernal
Half Blooded: You can take feats from the Angel/demon.
Play an Middle walker if you want...
To be a member of a race that favors the fighter, rouge or avenger classes
To be an outcast.
Phisical qualities
Have demonic/angelic features

and there paragon/epic's and feats please comment and tell me what you think if you like it i'll post the rest.
Made by:Ethral incorpal@0

Last edited:

DMINGW00TISAWSOME

First Post
Seems cool. There'll be a lot of controversy about the fly speed, but I've played in a campaign with a PC that had a fly speed and there weren't any problems. My only issue is the fact that you gave it +3 to its racial skills instead of +2. Was this a typo, or do you have a reason?

One request; if you post your other races, can you make a devil race as well.

Last edited:

Kingreaper

Adventurer
IMO:

You should make the "use channel divinity twice" only happen IF you gain Channel Divinity from another source. Oh, and throw in one free Channel Divinity Feat.
A channel divinity power is a reasonable replacement for a racial power, but two uses isn't so much, and with two uses regardless of class, there's less incentive to go Divine.

Ignoring the worship pre-req seems okay, but perhaps this might be better: "At character creation pick a god you are attuned to. You may use feats, powers, items and paragon paths as though you worshipped that god, even if you worship another."; two gods is a lot less open than all the gods.

Last edited:

Ethral

First Post
Seems cool. There'll be a lot of controversy about the fly speed, but I've played in a campaign with a PC that had a fly speed and there weren't any problems. My only issue is the fact that you gave it +3 to its racial skills instead of +2. Was this a typo, or do you have a reason?

One request; if you post your other races, can you make a devil race as well.
I was thinking about creating the devil along with some hybrids of the demons and angle similar to the middlewalker i have created but the case with the devil is that it's ranking in the nine hells and how to convert that to 4th edition playable.

Ethral

First Post
IMO:

You should make the "use channel divinity twice" only happen IF you gain Channel Divinity from another source. Oh, and throw in one free Channel Divinity Feat.
A channel divinity power is a reasonable replacement for a racial power, but two uses isn't so much, and with two uses regardless of class, there's less incentive to go Divine.

Ignoring the worship pre-req seems okay, but perhaps this might be better: "At character creation pick a god you are attuned to. You may use feats, powers, items and paragon paths as though you worshipped that god, even if you worship another."; two gods is a lot less open than all the gods.

True but getting a class with channel divinity like the cleric with it's divine fortune they would be able to use it three times instead of one so the angel in my thoughts make a formidable race.

Kingreaper

Adventurer
True but getting a class with channel divinity like the cleric with it's divine fortune they would be able to use it three times instead of one so the angel in my thoughts make a formidable race.

Divine classes don't give an additional use, they give a use. Unless you specify, the angel's uses won't stack with that granted by divine classes.

Ethral

First Post
Yes that's true they don't stack but you can use powers like divine fortune and turn undaead one more time then makking it worth it for a cleric and that goes for the invoker to for his channel divinity.

Ethral

First Post
At-will flying is way overpowered in 4e, at least at heroic levels.

to overpowering? first of all it's a fly of 3 second of all you would take falling damage if your high enough if your foced down and third of all regular angel get a fly of 8 so I think this is more dm freindly and I have feats to increase the flight so they will eventually (if taking the right feats) get a fly of 8 (almost same for demon)

Remove ads