• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom title length

What I'd really like to have as my custom title is "Last of the Famous International Playboys" but I recognize that's a bit on the lengthy side. So I've tried "Famous International Playboy" and it always is abbreviated to "Famous International Play" which, while interesting, is not what I had in mind.

So, I accepted this and moved on, playing around with various other custom titles, none of which seems to stick for some reason. Looked there was a 25 character limit, or somesuch.

But today, I noticed a custom title that is longer than my 28-character title. Is there something I'm missing? Something I'm doing wrong? More money I need to donate? How do I get a longer title too?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
That's okay... When I got my moderator privileges I think my custom tile was like 35 characters long... :)

Avatar of Hruggek/Play By Post Moderator

Though it might only had been 31... :\

So, I have to be a moderator to get a few more characters? :uhoh: That doesn't explain his title, though.

I'm not really trying to gripe about it; just, if there's something simple I can do, that'd be cool.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Joshua Dyal said:
So, I have to be a moderator to get a few more characters? :uhoh:

No not really... cause,

Joshua Dyal said:
That doesn't explain his title, though.

I'm assuming on this so I could very much be wrong, but the admin panel gives you access to the whole account just like the user has, but since it's the admin side it probaly avoids the size limits and such.

Anyhow, if he's never changed his custom title then the admin panel was used to add it. (Remember the email you sent included your first custom title.)

The only other possibilities I can think of are....

a] They recently changed the amount of characters you could have... :)

And the least likely one...

b] user error, you might have made a simple honest mistake when you tried... :)

Joshua Dyal said:
I'm not really trying to gripe about it; just, if there's something simple I can do, that'd be cool.

There not a whole lot I can do cause:

a] I'm not sure if they imposed this limit for a reason and one simply slipped through the cracks

b] I only have "read" access in the admin panel so there’s not a whole lot I can do...

Josh, try again and if it doesn’t work post back here and I’ll drop a note in the moderator forum and hopefully one of the more “godlike” moderators can help you out. :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Joshua, it's an admin override thingy. I'd be pleased to do it for you, though. What do you want? I vote for "Last of the International Playboys, but "Famous International Playboy" is okay, too."

The title itself comes from a Morrissey song, "Last of the Famous International Playboys" that I'm trying to echo. I guess your solution is a bit closer to that, but I was pushing the other one because I thought it would fit better.

But y'know what? It doesn't really work unless it's the whole title. Howz about I just put it in my sig file instead and leave you hard working mods alone, eh?

Thanks

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
I dunno, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a famous international play.

Hong "has dibs on Richard III" Ooi

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
No prob. The best kind of solution is one where I don't have to navigate the admin panel with my crappy Win98 backup computer! :)

Remove ads