• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cute little LotR figures

Enchantress

First Post
The Whiner Knight said:

At the risk of sounding totally clueless, what's a chibi?

TWK

Actually, I'm not 100% on that one either. But from what I've gathered, it's just a name for a little, mini person on a computer.:D

Zander

Explorer
The Whiner Knight said:

At the risk of sounding totally clueless, what's a chibi?

TWK

It means a small person in Japanese. It's neutral, being neither kind nor nasty. An unkind way of calling someone small is kobito which literally means someone with a medical condition such as dwarfism. The Japanese aren't too PC.

Enchantress

First Post
Thank you for enlightening me in that aspect, even though I am not the one who originally posed the question. You'd think I woulda known too, as of the fact that I am half-Japanese.

Gumby

First Post
Zander said:

It means a small person in Japanese. It's neutral, being neither kind nor nasty. An unkind way of calling someone small is kobito which literally means someone with a medical condition such as dwarfism. The Japanese aren't too PC.
And in anime-fan parlance, it means "cuter, tinier version of someone." Dr. Evil's Mini-me would likely be called "Chibi-Me" in Japan.

Remove ads