(Cydra Rogues' Gallery-My Players STAY OUT)

the Jester

Legend
A Few of Orbius' Other Spells...

Some high-level divinations that Orbius has in his spellbook now...

PERFECT IDENTIFICATION
Divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: Close (25’+5’/2 levels)
Target: One object/3 levels
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: Object (harmless)

You learn the full properties of magical items in a very short time. You may make a caster level check or a Spellcraft check (whichever is better) (DC equal to the item’s caster level); if you succeed, you learn all the item’s properties, including whether it is cursed, how many charges it has, etc. If your check fails you may try again the next round or you may attempt to identify a different item, but if you return to an item once you’ve moved on to another it counts as another target object.

Perfect identification has no affect on artifacts, and the caster has no way of knowing whether the item is an artifact or is simply of too high a caster level to identify.

Material component: a large pearl of extraordinary value and quality (worth no less than 1000 gp.)

PIERCING CLARITY
Divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 8, Clr 8
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 10 minutes/level

This spell gives you an extraordinary mental clarity. You become immune to charm, confusion, domination and stunning effects, and you gain an insight bonus equal to your caster level to Decipher Script, Knowledge, Listen, Search, Sense Motive and Spot checks. (This does not allow you to use a trained-only skill without ranks in it.)

Material components: a clear crystal lens.

Last edited:

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Orbius uses Contact Other Plane heavily, right?
Has he considered making a higher level version of that?

I like the Bile Template, by the way.

John

Greybar

No Trouble at All
I was just noticing that he gets more than yes/no answers most of the time. Is that a special power of the Divine Oracle? (being at work and not having DoF with me)

John

the Jester

Legend
I've always figured that the higher level you are, the more brief answers instead of yes or no you will get. The party is among the highest-level groups out there in my campaign world; several of them have legends, songs or whathaveyou about them.

the Jester

Legend
Heh..! Yeah, there's a heck of a story in that one...

If it wasn't for Lester and Thimbleton (who's only been mentioned in passing in the story hour) the rest of the party at the time prolly would've stopped Boccob et. al. from making it to Cydra. Several of the pcs were all about to attack them when the party realized they'd been used for cross-campaign transportation, and since the deities involved were without any worshipers in the new place and were weakened from the transit to boot, the party could have prevented them from getting the kind of foothold they ended up with.

I love it when pcs have a major influence on the shaping of the campaign..... :D

Talix

Explorer
Interesting stuff! I've always thought about being a Diviner, but I was worried that I wouldn't know what questions to ask! ;)

the Jester

Legend
Mass Spell

One of Orbius' feats is Mass Spell:

MASS SPELL (Metamagic)

You can cast a spell that normally targets one creature and give it multiple targets instead.

Prerequisites: Any metamagic feat

Benefit: A mass spell affects one creature per level; all must be within 30’ of each other. Only spells that normally target one creature can be metamagicked into mass spells. This feat does not change the spell’s range, so if it has a range of touch there is a limit to how many creatures can be affected at one time. Also note that it cannot be used on spells with a range of Personal. A mass spell takes up a slot three levels higher than normal.

Remove ads