D&D Movie/TV D&D 2 is possibility still

mamba

Legend
You again cut the most relevant part of my post. OK man, you don't want to have a conversation that's fine.
I cut the irrelevant part, in this case the part where I am not even sure what you are referring to... and yes, I am not interested in this discussion about how I quoted

mamba

Legend
Let me try phrasing it this way: what source says Hasbro only has 5%? I didn't see that in the article, so I don't know if I missed it, or if it is from a different source.
I don't think it was from this article, Google found it here

"The Dungeons & Dragons movie is being co-produced and co-financed by Hasbro, eOne, and Paramount Pictures. eOne handles distribution in the UK and Canada, while Paramount distributes everywhere else."

Ferrousbones

Artificer
I don't think it was from this article, Google found it here

"The Dungeons & Dragons movie is being co-produced and co-financed by Hasbro, eOne, and Paramount Pictures. eOne handles distribution in the UK and Canada, while Paramount distributes everywhere else."
Thanks for the source.

bedir than, where was 5% from? Is that the typical percent that the UK and Canada occupy?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Thanks for the source.

bedir than, where was 5% from? Is that the typical percent that the UK and Canada occupy?
5% may have been low. I had done the likely math a few weeks ago.

UK box office was 17m. Canada is reported as domestic, but we know that the USA dominates domestic because of the size of the nation, the size of the economy, etc.

12-15% is a more reasonable number

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Chris Pine did great, but he didn't draw in 9 million dollars worth of people who won't watch the movie otherwise.

The sequal should cut the big name actors. Maybe focus more on Doric, Simon, and Xenk and maybe Edgin's daughter who should be an adult by then. Make her a Bard like her dad, but one that casts spells, but make her different from her Dad by making it Divine Spells, instead of the Arcane Spells he can allegedly cast, but never does.

Maybe add in an Aasimar or a new Goliath lineage.

And focus it more on one region, say Cormyr that you can film in a more affordible location like Canada. Or Mulhand, which you could shot in Egypt.

And no Corona virus should help.
I get the notion to lower the cost but cutting Pine would be a mistake. Rodrigues too. The characters Doric and Simon are super weak and couldn’t carry a film.

zedturtle

Jacob Rodgers
I get the notion to lower the cost but cutting Pine would be a mistake. Rodrigues too. The characters Doric and Simon are super weak and couldn’t carry a film.

Justice Smith (Simon's actor) has shone in his roles so far, and I wouldn't discount him as not being able to carry a sequel. Of course, the absolute best-case is that everyone decides they had enough fun that the big names (Pine, Grant, Rodriguez) take industry standard for a 5-minute cameo that makes it into all the trailers, and Smith and Lillis get 90% of the screen time. And Jarnathan comes back. And has a speaking role this time.

Remove ads