D&D 3.5 -- The Lost Kingdom -- Seeking Players

WeaveWarden

First Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is an advertisement for an online game over at Myth-Weavers.com. If you're interested in what you see, check out the main recruitment thread for the game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stare through the window of the local tavern. The weather outside is rainy and windy. As you nurse that tankard of your favorite libation, BAM, you are so startled by the sound you nearly spill your drink as you sit bolt upright in your seat. Looking to see where the noise originated from, you notice the door to the tavern has been thrown open. In the open doorway stands a large hulking figure draped in a cloak. You are unable to make out any of his features.

The figure enters the tavern amid the swirling wind and rain at his back. With the door finally closed you proceed to minding your own business. You cannot help but to steal a look towards the bar and wonder who is that person? You look up as the figure is removing the hood from his head, golden brown locks of hair flow down his back. The man turns to meet your stare. The hard chiseled lines of his face and the manner in which he carries himself gives him the aura of man to be fearful of.

The man turns his back to you and speaks with the barkeep. As you return to your drink and your thoughts have returned to the window and the world that lies outside of your town, a mild mannered voice addresses you; “dreaming of the world beyond your little town?” Startled you seem to unconsciously acknowledge him. He seats himself across from you at the table. He graciously slides a fresh tankard in your direction. “Its on me my friend.

You look like a person who want to know what the world has to offer you, am I right?” In awe that this man with the hard chiseled face which now you can see consists of quite a few scars, would just sit down with you and talk to you like you are his friend. Because of this awe you seem to respond with a quick nod of the head. “My name is Markos, I am from Ptolus and I am looking for an individual who is brave and adventurous. Would you be that person?” Again you answer with only a nod of the head. “Good to hear it!

Markos’ voice grows quieter; “If you are interested in seeing another part of this world and undertaking the greatest adventure of your life, then you need to travel to Ptolus. Once you arrive in the city make your way over to The Ghostly Minstrel in Midtown. Best tavern in the city! When you arrive, enter the dining room and have a seat at the table on the back wall. It is the only table on that wall and it is directly under a window. At this table you will find other fellow adventurous souls like yourself, should you make this journey. You need to be there on the 15th of Bloom when the sun is at its highest. Oh, and one last thing, do not forget your citizenship papers!

The next thing you sense is someone is tapping you on the shoulder. “You can’t just be sleeping in my tavern! Now order another drink or be off with you!

Was that all a dream? Should I go to Ptolus?

(This scene is played out all over the known empire)

Setting:
We will be using Ptolus as the background for this game. We will use D&D 3.5 rules exclusively.

Game Premise:
I envision this game to be a balanced mix of urban-based adventures and expeditionary dungeon crawling. I will try to seamlessly blend the two together.

Application Process:
Right now I want to see character concepts and a sample of your writing only, one paragraph will be sufficient. I will be selecting 4-5 players based on their character concept and their writing ability. I do not like internet-eze type posts.

Deadline for Concepts will be 8 Jan (midnight EST)
Deadline for character sheets will be 15 Jan (Midnight EST)
Game starts 16 jan

Character Creation:
When you are accepted, characters will be created using a 32-point buy as per the DMG (pg 169), starting at first level, Max hit points, max gold for your class.

Acceptable source Material:
PHB
PHB II
DMG
DMG II
The complete classes books including complete mage

The following is allowed from Unearthed Arcana:
Bardic Sage
Cloistered Cleric
Thug
Monk – with a fighting style
Urban ranger

The following are not allowed:
Druid
Barbarian
Ranger (use urban ranger)
NO races with an LA
NO Psionics

Additional Information:
- Please read the players guide, it can be found here
- Please ask questions.
- If selected you need to be able to post daily (if you need to absent just let me know, I will NPC your character).
- Please make your posts relevant and thought provoking. This game is for everyone’s enjoyment.
- Please try to avoid one-liners if possible.
- I will be trying to make maps with Dundjini mapping software, we will see how it works out.
- Lastly – Lets have some fun!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haven't heard of Myth-Weavers before? Simply put, it's a site for playing RPGs online using forum-posting with help from specialized gaming tools like built-in dice-rolling, digital character sheets, and advanced Game Master capabilities. Go here to learn more, browse through the full list of currently-recruiting games, or just hang out with an open-doored game-centered community.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove ads