D&D 30th Anniversary

johnsemlak

First Post
I definitely think reviews of classic products, and remininces of playing them, would be cool. There are already countless threads here and elsewhere that do effectively that. Perhaps some classic product spotlights, showing the cover, and some comments on the product by EN World member.

We could get some EN World members to discuss their classic campaigns.

grodog

Hero
robberbaron said:
30 years! And I've been playing for 29 of them. Man, I feel old.

Have to dust off the old white box and take a peek at the past.

Wowza robberbaron---just who are you in RL? Gary posted a thread on one of the old incarnations of the boards asking for folks who had 26+ years (if I recall the number correctly) experience playing D&D, which at the time was basically Gary and Rob Kuntz, among those on the ENWorld boards....

If you're an old player in their games, drop by the current EGG Q&A thread at
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76849 or The Colonel's Corner on Rob Kuntz's PPP boards at http://pub175.ezboard.com/fpiedpiperpublishingfrm11

I'm sure they'd love to say hi :D

Olive

Explorer
Thanks Grodog, that looks pretty cool. I'd never heard of WG% till recently. can you give me a quick rundown? Feel free to use spoiler tags if some might not want to read it.

Blacksad

Explorer
Morrus said:
WotV also suggested that I run some sort of feature - interviews, D&D restrospective, that kind of thing.

Any ideas on what you might like to see in such a thing?

Another thumb for review of classic product (perhaps restricted to those available on RPGnow or SVgames).

Contest with the help of some publisher: A publisher put a prize tied with an old book, and the one doing the best rule conversion the product (using the special WotC license), would get the prize. I'm sure some publisher would love to see some of their old favorite updated, and it would be some kind of homage to the focus of Eric's website, and give new material to the community who might not be aware of the goldmine in some products.

Perhaps a surf category of news (or a special page, just like the rumors page), for publisher who try to surf on the 30th anniversary wave (OD&D feel, 3.5 quality:)): there is Castles&Crusaders, and I think Kenzer will publish something similar. Plus tidbits on the new D&D basic set.

An undead news category (or a special page) for the official and/or most important website of D&D campaign/ruleset no longer published (dark sun, birthright, dragonsfoot, oddidities, etc...).

Remove ads