• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4e character generator

Allanon

Explorer
The "wiesbaden" character sheet is quite a good offline character generator, if by generator you do not mean a tool to randomly generate characters. It's auto-calculating and up to date. You can find it at D&D 4E Files.

LWDRob

First Post
You might want to give Hero Lab a try. You can pull all the info from DDI down and use it offline. If you have a DDI account, then you have full access to all the character content that's available while online. Hero Lab also provides a variety of capabilities that DDI does not offer, many of which are targeted at DMs and in-play support for players with laptops.

If you're interested, you can find out more and download the product for a test drive at Hero Lab - Lone Wolf Development.

dinelendarkstar

First Post
It isn't "Available" as of yet, but The HeroForge Character Management System for 4E will be going to our open beta phase in the next week or so. It has a ton of features including a wonderful data customization section that doesn't require the need to know any code or learn any scripting. It also offers a great feature for tracking your character at the table if you use a laptop or computer. It also offers a way of pulling D&DI info down for use offline as long you have an account. If you don't you will be able to access the free data.

You can find it here: HeroForge Character Management System for 4E.

XenoBard

First Post
Off-line Generator

I do have an off-line generator that I have written. It isn’t all that great (amateur programmer) and it contains content from PHB1 and PHB2. Future releases will have other content. I wrote it in the same style as Jamis Buck’s generator (option for total randomness or select class, race, level and alignment).

I will be eventually creating a website but writing this software has sucked up all my time.

If you are interested, email me at XenoBard@yahoo.com

dinelendarkstar

First Post
It isn't "Available" as of yet, but The HeroForge Character Management System for 4E will be going to our open beta phase in the next week or so. It has a ton of features including a wonderful data customization section that doesn't require the need to know any code or learn any scripting. It also offers a great feature for tracking your character at the table if you use a laptop or computer. It also offers a way of pulling D&DI info down for use offline as long you have an account. If you don't you will be able to access the free data.

You can find it here: HeroForge Character Management System for 4E.

OK now it is available for download at the above link.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The official character builder can be use doffline. You only need to go online to update it with new content.

I'm still hoping and praying for a solution to the dearth of good OS X gaming apps. Running Windows in a VM is not my preferred solution to this problem, especially when I'm on my laptop with limited RAM.

Remove ads