D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Pirates of the Spheres: Captain's Privilege (Recruiting)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey Kiraya!

Good to see you DMing again!

I'm also interested to join. I think a great old one warlock would fit nicely, but I'm kinda sick of playing warlocks, although they are awesome ;-)
Just to know, they would be able to power the spelljaming device after a short rest, right?

I'm also thinking of trying out a fighter type. Perhaps fighter/thief, or strait rogue, or maybe valor bard. Too many choices... ;-) Would the mariner fighting style from AU be acceptable? Or perhaps a spelljaming equivalent?

Are Eladrin allowed?

A concept is brewing: Background: sailor/noble - Captain Albathar Silvercape, former naval officer in her Majesty's royal Elven navy when it existed (?), now spelljamming corsaire/spy/occasional smuggler/freedom fighter against the dragons.

Other questions: are there modern weapons, or are swords and xbows still the standard.
Cheers,

SG

Leif

Adventurer
In Spelljammer, physics works very differently... Travelers do need to have a way to refresh the oxygen within that atmosphere however.

So does this mean that my plan for an shipboard druid would be a pretty good idea? Maybe "Environmental Officer" or something.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION], I shall now pout. ;) If you change your mind, you know where to find us.
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] (and all), I am using real world physics, not Spelljammer physics, for this universe. All spaceworthy vessels are enchanted during construction as magic items in order to provide gravity and breathable air. So, you can't just slap a spelljammer helm in to a galleon and take off in to space.

All, awesome concepts so far. Welcome aboard! I'll answer more character concept specific questions later (first day at a new job), but go ahead and start working on stats and such in the meantime. :D

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I think a great old one warlock would fit nicely, but I'm kinda sick of playing warlocks, although they are awesome ;-)
Just to know, they would be able to power the spelljaming device after a short rest, right?

Almost exactly my thoughts, although I think I will play a warlock. :D

Skarsgard

Explorer
Does this suit for an Engineer type? I have just done mundane items and have yet to come close to spending the 1000gp. Also, I am a bit iffy on what kind of liberties we have with background.

Name
: Felix Longnose
LN Male Rock Gnome Wizard (Conjuration) 3
Background: Guild Artisan (Shipwrights and Sailmakers)
Feature: Guild membership
Hit Points: 20 (HD: 3d6+6)
AC: 12 (DEX)
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 11
Skin: Tan, Hair: White, Eyes: Blue
Height: 3’5” Weight: 45

ABILITIES
STR 08 (-1)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 17 (+3)
WIS 12 (+1)
CHA 10 (+0)

PROFICIENCIES
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Weapons: Darts, Daggers, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Tools: Tinkers Tools, Carpenters Tools
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Draconic
Saving Throws: Intelligence & Wisdom
Skills: History, Investigation, Insight, Persuasion

CLASS & RACE
Size: Small
Speed: 25ft
Darkvision: Within 60’, treat dim light as bright & darkness as dim light
Gnome Cunning: adv on all Int, Wis and Cha saves against spells
Artificer’s Lore: add twice your prof bonus for Int (History) checks on magic items, alchemical objects or technological devices.
Tinker: Proficiency with Tinker’s tolls, construct as tiny device.
Arcane Tradition: Conjurer, Conjuration Savant, Minor Conjuration
Arcane recovery: 2

EQUIPMENT
Dagger
Arcane Focus – Wand
Tinkers Tools
Carpenters Tools
Spellbook
Spellbook - copy
Chest
Lock
Explorers Pack
Backpack
- Bedroll
- Mess Kit
- Tinderbox
- Torch (10)
- Rations (10)
- Waterskin
- Rope (50')
100 gp Pearl
50gp Gem
Extra Spells: 400gp
Spare Spellbook: 30+200 gp
Magical Weapon: Dagger - Weapon of Warning (Uncommon)

Gold Spent: 830
Pocket Money: 170gp

Spells
Cantrips: Mending, Mage Hand, Fire Bolt
Ist Level: Detect magic, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil and Good, Tenser’s Floating Disk, Alarm, *Absorb Elements, *Mage Armour, Identify, *Unseen Servant, *Shield
2nd Level: *See Invisibility, *Web, Arcane Lock, Continual Flame, Knock

*memorised spells

PERSONALITY
Traits: “I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can’t help it – I’m a perfectionist.
"I don’t part with money easily and will haggle tirelessly to get the best possible deal.
Ideal: “Aspiration: I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.”
Bond: “Once day I will return to my guild and prove I am the greatest artisan of them all.”
Flaw: “I’m horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I am surrounded by rivals.”

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Looks good so far, I like it. :) As for background details - you have the entire galaxy to play with. ;) Having said that, you can leave a lot of the details vague, if you like, and fill them in later as we play. Most of the planets in the Dragon Empire are not terribly detailed, yet. But, overall, most worlds in the Empire have an even mix of elves, dwarves, and gnomes with other races being rare. Humans are hated and feared, even by many metallic dragon clans and their elf, gnome, and dwarf subjects, due to a war with human dragonslayers a number of humanoid generations ago.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Looking at the Felix's spellbook is there any chance as a level 3 character he got more than the minimum allotment of spells? I am happy to buy more.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
We can work something out on that score - let's say 50 gp per additional 1st level spell in your spellbook and 100 gp per additional 2nd level spell.

Remove ads