• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Pirates of the Spheres: Captain's Privilege (Recruiting)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
It could be...
A fey god from one of the D&D worlds attempting to establish a presence in the Dragon Empire without attracting the attention of the Unification Church.

I like this one; it works for me. I didn't want an elf god, because my character is human, and I didn't want an evil entity because I like the idea of a good leaning character. Can you give more info on the unification church?

FYI, I do have access to the DMG.
Cheers,

SG

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Do you have me set on 'ignore,' Kiraya, or am I just posting uninteresting drivel?

No. I'm sorry if you got that impression. The question about the DMG was directed to you. Magic item rarities are explained there. If you don't have a DMG, that's fine, I can go over it tonight when I do my post on the Unification Church for Skarsgard.

Leif

Adventurer
Yes, I do have the DMG, but when I scaned it earlier I didn't immediately see the thing about magic item rarity.

Leif

Adventurer
No sweat, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't angered you and caused you to click [IGNORE Leif]. lol. Ok, found the magic item rarity stuff, and will be editing my character below inaccordance therewith.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The Unification Church

Around the time of the Fourth Dragonslayer War (the fifth having taken place about 70 years ago), the Unification Church, with the blessing of the Dragon Emperor and the Council of Wyrms, began a crusade of conversion across the worlds of the Empire. Humanoid races were encouraged, sometimes coerced and manipulated, in to believing that the individual deities they worshiped were a single face of a greater entity. According to the Unification Church, there are 12 universal archetypes that all deities are a facet of. For example, the deities of far off worlds that personify death, such as Nerull, Myrkul, and Morgion or all different names for the same being - The Reaper.

Opponents of the church (mostly heretical cults forced in to hiding) argue that the Unification Church is a puppet of the Dragon Empire and is slowly killing off native gods to consolidate power.

The 12 archetypes (and their alignments and cleric domains) are...

The Destroyer (CE) - Death
The Father (LG) - Light
The Judge (LG) - Life
The Lover (NG) - Nature
The Magus (N) - Knowledge
The Merchant (LN) - Knowledge
The Mother (CG) - Life
The Reaper (LE) - Death
The Stormlord (CN) - Tempest
The Smith (N) - War
The Trickster (CN) - Trickery
The Warrior (LN) - War

Dragonmarks (from the Eberron UA article)

Any humanoid character can become eligible for the Dragonmark feat by swearing loyalty to one of the great dragon clans. (For this setting, the marks are not associated with the Eberron houses but with dragon clans, the names of which I'll provide in a later post). You must first be accepted in to the house and then, upon taking the feat, have the mark magically and physically transcribed on to you skin by a dragon. The marks serve as an indication of elite status and privilege and those bearing them are afforded great status (for a humanoid) within the Empire.

pathfinderq1

First Post
A few random questions:
1. Besides spellcasting ability to power the helm, are there any special skills or abilities needed to 'pilot' the ship (or operate other systems, like comms, etc.)? (like vehicle or tool proficiencies, maybe?)
2. Is draconic basically 'Common', or is more for society/official use, and 'Common' is the language for us folk in the gutters?
3. From previous questions: Eladrin allowed? Mariner fighting style (or Swashbuckler archetype) from UA on waterborne adventures?

More questions forthcoming...

Remove ads