D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape - In Through the Out Door

Unsung said:
Outside the door (locked, with the key still in it), Picayune can hear voices raised in fear, and the hissing of one of the giant bug-creatures.

[section]Picayune poked his head through the closed door, trying to see what lay in the hallway beyond.[/section]

Shayuri

First Post
Shard scowls on seeing the demon and says, "Stay behind me!"

The crystal in her forehead flares with brilliance, and a bolt of pure white light pulses out from it, flashing down the hallway at the demon!

(Guiding Bolt! [roll0] to hit for [roll1] radiant damage and the next attack against it has advantage.)

Unsung

First Post
Picayune pokes his head into the hall, just in time to see the barrage of radiant light and cacophonic sound splash into the beetle-like apparition.

OOC: Hallway mezzoloth: DC 13 Wisdom saving throw vs Oz's discordant melody with advantage for magic resistance - [roll0], [roll1]. Hit points: [roll2]

Unsung

First Post
The magic seems to only anger the thing, but it stops short of bringing its man-catcher down on top of its previously intended victims.

OOC: ...That was dissonant whispers, right, Oz? Yeah, going by the effects, that was dissonant whispers. I'm afraid that's a save. And Shard, sadly that is a miss (AC 18).

Picayune, you've probably used up pretty much all of your movement for this turn, but you do still have an action before the yugoloth gets its turn. What do you do?

Hallway Mezzoloth - hp 74/81

Pembinasa

First Post
OOC: Still haven't seen a Dexterity saving throw for my Grease spell, or anything to acknowledge its existence. Was there a post that I missed, perhaps? (Because the situation seemed very opportune for this critter to lose its footing in ankle-deep magically-produced lubricant and take a tumble down the stairs.)

Last edited:

Unsung

First Post
OOC: ...Sorry! Got distracted. Should have posted then and there, but I've been having the worst luck with dice rollers-- not the rolls themselves, but the sites that supply them. For instance, I seem to be able to roll on this forum again, and I don't know what changed. Regardless, here we go:

Hallway Mezzoloth: DC 14 Dexterity save against Graydon's grease - [roll0]

Unsung

First Post
The mezzoloth's feet skid out from under it, and it drops onto its back, sliding several inches as it struggles to right itself.

OOC: Under the circumstances, I think that would grant advantage on Shard's attack roll. It's not falling down the stairs yet (because it started in the hallway, and the party are on the stairs), although that could change.

Unsung

First Post
OOC: The 'loth is pretty much directly outside the door, so if Picayune is north of the monster, I picture the rest of the party being 5-10 feet to the west of it, with the door to the stairs down to the Jilted Planes on the south wall.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Advantage roll: [roll0], same damage as before of course. :))

(Bah. Next time I'll Bless first, THEN try to hit the guy I only have a 45% chance to hit :))

Remove ads