• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape - In Through the Out Door

Unsung

First Post
OOC: Hallway mezzoloth: DC 15 Constitution saving throw vs Shard's Channel Divinity - [roll0], [roll1]. Saves for half (9) radiant damage. 24 bludgeoning damage from Shandrizar's battering attack. (@Quickleaf I'm thinking a magic book will count as magic damage, at least in this specific instance. :)) 4 bludgeoning damage from Graydon's quarterstaff. Current hp 34/81. Not bad, not bad at all.

Sadly that's a miss [MENTION=6755061]Kiraya_TiDrekan[/MENTION].

@Pembinasa You would provoke an opportunity attack, with disadvantage for being prone, for moving past the 'loth. Before I roll, I want to double-check to see that I'm imagining this correctly. Is that alright?

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
OOC: Ok, [MENTION=6781406]Unsung[/MENTION], I feel obligated to point out that at 6th level the monk gets "ki-empowered strikes" which allow the PC to treat unarmed attacks as magical for the purposes of overcoming resistance and immunity to non-magical damage. IOW giving me that for free is a rather big deal! Just wanted to make sure you were fully informed before ruling.

Unsung

First Post
OOC: @Quickleaf True, but there's a tradeoff in terms of not being able to wear or wield many other 'normal' magical items, and I did give the other players the chance to start off with their choice of magical items, including weapons (or, in Picayune's case, various powers). :)

Pembinasa

First Post
OOC: Eugh, I missed the part where it still gets an opportunity attack when prone! Honestly, I DON'T want to do this now- but I think playing into this ignorance would be an acceptable part of Graydon's shall we say 'unworldliness', not to mention no better time tor run that doesn't involve waiting until all the savage brutes finish killing it out of their feral bloodthirsty nonwizard ways- and waiting would validate their actions!

So Graydon will try to head past the fiendish bug he severely inconvenienced then beat like a piñata, trusting to its poor aim, awkward angle, and inherent forgiving good-naturedness to avoid any payback. Surely that's an intelligent plan! :D

Quickleaf

Legend
OOC: How often can I use an Invocation? Are there limits or levels?

OOC: It depends on the Invocation. Either at-will or once per long rest.

For example, Mire the Mind, One with Shadows, and Sign of Ill Omen are once per long rest, whereas Armor of Shadows, Beast Speech, Eldritch Sight, Fiendish Vigor, Mask of Many Faces, and Misty Visions are at-will.

Unsung

First Post
OOC: Of the invocations you currently have (Beast Speech, Armor of Shadows, Agonizing Blast), [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], all of them are at-will (or passive, same difference). The description of invocations always notes how often you can use it. :)

[section]Picayune stood in the doorway. The monstrosity near him blockading the hallway seemed to resist even Voodoo. Picayune resorted to the basest tool in his arsenal. He sang. A tale of woe, rotten and rank with sadness came low like roughspun cotton from his throat. Picayune looked at Shard as he sang, willing her to connect with the song.

Southern trees
Bear strange fruit
Blood on the leaves
And blood at the roots
Black bodies
Swinging in the southern breeze
Strange fruit hangin'
From the poplar trees
Pastoral scene
Of the gallant south
Them big bulging eyes
And the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolia
Clean and fresh
Then the sudden smell
Of burnin' flesh
Here is a fruit
For the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather
For the wind to suck
For the sun to rot
For the leaves to drop
Here is
Strange and bitter crop.
[/section]
[sblock=Shard, Unsung]Bardic inspiration for Shard.

You can inspire other through stirring words or music. To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6.

Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time. [/sblock]

Strange Fruit, by Billie Holiday

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Thanks everyone. Fenris wasn't home and I was afraid I wouldn't get back here tonight. But here I am! :D

Lili pouts, how dare this unnatural creature STILL be in her way, AND it didn't seem much affected by her blast. She angrily sends another set of crackling purple energy at the creature, which it also somehow manages to dodge. She let out another shrill, frustrated scream. "Somebody please kill this thing!!!!"

Unsung

First Post
OOC: Initiative countdown:

1. Oz (22)
2. Shandrizar (20)
3. Picayune (20)
4. Graydon (17)
5. Liliana (13)
6. Shard (10)
7. Rusty (7)

8. Enemies- Yugoloths (19)
9. NPCs- The Jilted Planes (11)

Okay, so @Fenris Oz gets a turn and then the yugoloths get another shot.

Remove ads