• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D 5e Powergamer's Tactics Room: a youtube channel

Polymorph - D&D 5e Powergamer's Tactics Room - Deep Dive Series

Polymorph is another one of those spells that is really powerful but hard to optimize properly! Join us for our Deep Dive into this fantastic spell to see how to get the most out of it!

Show Notes so you don’t have to watch if you don’t want to: Copy of Polymorph Deep Dive

or

Synergy Chart by Flute:

18:58

The Rune Knight - D&D 5e Powergamer's Tactics Room - Review and Rating Series

So is the Rune Knight any good? Let’s find out! This is the first of a 28-part Fighter series where we’ll be doing 3 videos for each of the 9 viable Fighter subdomains… a Review & Rating Series as an overview, a Deep Dive series to figure out optimization leverage points, and a Character Build series where I put it all together. We'll cap things off with one final video - a Showdown Series to see which is the best!

Show Notes so you don’t have to watch if you don’t want to: Copy of Rune Knight Breakdown

or

13:26

Optimized Rune Knight - D&D 5e Powergamer's Tactics Room - Deep Dive Series

What are the leverage points at which you can optimize the Rune Knight? Watch this Deep Dive to find out! This is the 2nd of 3 videos on the Rune Knight - a Review & Ratings Series to get an overview, a Deep Dive Series for optimization analysis, and tomorrow a Character Build Series where I put it all together!

Show Notes so you don’t have to watch if you don’t want to: Copy of Rune Knight Optimization

or

22:17

Optimized Rune Knight - D&D 5e Powergamer's Tactics Room - Deep Dive Series

What are the leverage points at which you can optimize the Rune Knight? Watch this Deep Dive to find out! This is the 2nd of 3 videos on the Rune Knight - a Review & Ratings Series to get an overview, a Deep Dive Series for optimization analysis, and tomorrow a Character Build Series where I put it all together!

Show Notes so you don’t have to watch if you don’t want to: Copy of Rune Knight Optimization

or

22:17

You don't seem to consider using ranged weapons?

Bilbron Rune Knight - D&D 5e Powergamer'sTactics Room - Character Build Series

It’s Bilbron Rune Knight! The final of 3 videos which started with a Review & Ratings Series overview, a Deep Dive Series optimization, and now ends with a Character Build Series putting it all together! Tomorrow, we start on the Psi Warrior!

Show Notes so you don’t have to watch if you don’t want to: Copy of Bilbron Rune Knight

or

22:57

corwyn77

Adventurer
What jgsugden said. Happened in my games. I even tried to not up the villains and monsters but the PCs became bored. Then a battle that challenged the optimized PCs almost killed the rest. Opto PCs barely scratched. These are players new to my table that I skipped restrictions on as they were new (allowed single level dips, allowed a strange race, allowed a UA class). I wont skip my house rules again.

As far as the video and my personal thoughts . . . while RP and powergaming are not exclusive, they certainly are not common friends. Some quotes from my tables over the last 30 years:
1) What race has CHA bonus? / Um, do you have a PC concept in mind? / Yes, an elf but if they don;t have a CHA bonus I will play whatever does. / Ojo
2) I think I will dip into Hexblade 1 level. / Why? / For the bonus stuff. / What patron do you have in mind? / Eh I won't really even mention it doesn't matter . . .
3) I have a great concept! A Fighter with this feat and that feat and... / Is the concept a RP one? I toned down GWF and Sharpshooter in the house rules... / OK I have another concept!
Reminds me of playing 3e - I never once saw a sorceror without a level (or 2?) in Paladin. One DM I played under even recommended it to players, but then he was a real PG when he played.

Maybe that's why Paladins have such a bad rep.

Versatile Fighter Abilities - D&D 5e Powergamer's Tactics Room - Showdown Series

I created a chart to compare the power and # of uses of the Fighter Archetype abilities that offer limited uses of a menu of versatile options - the Psi Warrior, Battle Master, Rune Knight, and Arcane Archer. What I discovered was very surprising! Watch to see which slate of abilities is the best!

Show Notes so you don’t have to watch if you don’t want to: Copy of Fighter Powers Chart - # of Uses

or

7:34

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads