D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Ruins of Adventure (OOC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Alright, here are my thoughts so far.

Balthassar of the Yellow Rose, nicknamed Frostburn, has lived his entire life among the monks of the Monastery of the Yellow Rose in Damara. All that he knows of his origins is that a merchant gave the newly-hatched dragonborn to a travelling monk, panicked because the merchant was convinced the ancient-looking egg was empty and he was not prepared to raise, feed or sell the creature.

Being raised amongst the monks of St Sollars the Twice-Martyred, Balthassar learned how to control his aggressive and arrogant nature through discipline and ascetic living. Never did he meet or learn about any others of his kind, until one day he discovered an ancient half-burned scroll in the vast library of the monastery, detailing a myth about the origin of dragons; it spoke of noble bipedal draconic creatures serving the first dragons.

Convinced that there must be others of his kind, Balthassar decided that only the eldest and wisest of dragons living today could tell him more. But walking up to an ancient dragon of any kind basically amounts to suicide, Balthassar figured the best way to approach a dragon is through kobolds, who revere dragons. And kobolds are often encountered by adventurers, so his decision was made: Balthassar would go to New Phlan to meet adventurers and make a name for himself, and eventually find his way to a dragon to tell him about his race.

How does that sound?

Looks good [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]

All, please make sure to add your characters to the Rogues Gallery so that we can start.

I'd like to begin no later than Monday.

Quick vote for the team:
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], [MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION], [MENTION=4843]Ibn Khaldun[/MENTION], [MENTION=86620]CrispinAugustus[/MENTION]

Since Kiraya will sadly not have the time to join us, do you want to begin with the group we have now, or do you want to wait and see if we can get another player?

Shayuri

First Post
Hrm. Yeah, lets get started. We can recruit as we go, and hopefully it won't be TOO bad. :)

Let me doublecheck to see what Kiraya was playing. Perhaps a quick alteration can be made to cover the missing role.

-- Ah yes the rogue! Well, Kestrel can cover the trap disarming/sneaking bit. She was planning on doing facework too, which Kes isn't good at, but I'm sure someone else can get that. :) Although...a warlock might be interesting. Hmmmm... Kestrel could work as a warlock too...

Edit - Augh! Brainstorm! I'm really starting to like the idea of Kestrel as a thiefy warlock! We can start; it won't take me long to revise her stats/background!

Last edited:

Remove ads